Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tsintskaro

Bolasie/Troy Deeney

I think Deeney would be a poor addition to Leicester squad. OK, he's quicker than Ulloa but not as quick as Okazaki. OK he scored more goals than both combined but he played more minutes and the vast bulk of his goals were scored against the bottom 6 sides with three of those not around next season. Aside from the goal against us he never managed to score against any of the other top 8 sides. I just don't see what he could bring to the party.

I think Deeney would be a poor addition to Leicester squad. OK, he's quicker than Ulloa but not as quick as Okazaki. OK he scored more goals than both combined but he played more minutes and the vast bulk of his goals were scored against the bottom 6 sides with three of those not around next season. Aside from the goal against us he never managed to score against any of the other top 8 sides. I just don't see what he could bring to the party.

This interest is a smoke screen so that our real target can be brought in comparatively unnoticed. I cannot think that Ranieri or Walsh would ever want anyone like Deeney.

Anyway, I want Slimani.

We sell Vardy and mahrez for £40 million, and buy these pair with the proceeds.

That's like chopping in a Porsche 911 for a ford focus in a straight swop deal.

We'd be the laughing stock of the league

Mahrez would be much much more than £20m.

I know I'm repeating myself but I can't stress enough how much I hope we don't sign Deeney.

I think he's a good player and as much as I love Shinji and Leo, he'd probably be a marginal upgrade on both.

But never, ever enough to justify the money.

Watford have absolutely no reason to sell, they'll be desperate to keep him and they'll have had a massive TV revenue cash injection this year. Plus, I don't think he's unprofessional enough to hold them to ransom to leave.

In fact, he strikes me as quite a humble guy who's happy at Watford.

Personally, I hope we don't sign anyone from England unless we can get them at a really cut down price. Not because I think all foreign players are better but just because it's more business sense.

I know I'm repeating myself but I can't stress enough how much I hope we don't sign Deeney.

I think he's a good player and as much as I love Shinji and Leo, he'd probably be a marginal upgrade on both.

Watford have absolutely no reason to sell, they'll be desperate to keep him and they'll have had a massive TV revenue cash injection this year. Plus, I don't think he's unprofessional enough to hold them to ransom to leave.

Personally, I hope we don't sign anyone from England unless we can get them at a really cut down price. Not because I think all foreign players are better but just because it's more business sense.

Yep. Don't know why we'd pay over £20 mil for someone who's scored about one more from open play than Okazaki.

Yep. Don't know why we'd pay over £20 mil for someone who's scored about one more from open play than Okazaki.

Especially when we got Riyad for 500k, Jamie for 1m, Kante for about five or six mil, Okazaki for about the same, Fuchs on a free, etc.

We need to sign a few players to compete on more fronts this year and to strengthen and we're never going to do that within FFP and the owner's own conservative restrictions if we splurge twenty odd million on a striker who'll only be a marginal improvement.

Watford board are not think enough to allow release clauses in their players contracts. Imagine getting 15 million for Vardy and being asked to pay 30 million for Deeney!

The main sports paper in Portugal, today are saying that we have only offered £20m for Slimani, which is not enough! £23m would get him! Offer the £23m, please. Slimani is a much better option than Deeney, and I guess we would keep Riyad as well!!!!!!!

As stated by a previous poster Deeney bid rejected

http://www.wdsport.co.uk/2016/06/exclusive-watford-reject-leicester-city-bid-for-troy-deeney/

Watford's owners are hugely experienced in transfer dealings and know the value of keeping their key players

With Udinese they managed to stave off bids for Di Natale throughout his career

That said do feel sorry that Leicester seemingly having their assets stripped

Might be more business sense, but it might not be more football sense. The old scouting articles touched on cost v risk and it seemed obvious they liked people who had been in our leagues. Pearson touched on the fact the club didn't mind overpaying for someone so long as you get a few bargains as well.

Might be more business sense, but it might not be more football sense. The old scouting articles touched on cost v risk and it seemed obvious they liked people who had been in our leagues. Pearson touched on the fact the club didn't mind overpaying for someone so long as you get a few bargains as well.

Dilly ding, dilly dong, wake up man, we're champions league!

If we're going to overpay for someone and it's Troy ****ing Deeney (again, tidy player, but not infinitely better than what we have!) then I despair.

Dilly ding, dilly dong, wake up man, we're champions league!

If we're going to overpay for someone and it's Troy ****ing Deeney (again, tidy player, but not infinitely better than what we have!) then I despair.

Look at our recent record at improving players mind - maybe we shouldn't base our opinion completely on what Deeney has done now, but what he could achieve given a more advanced setup (training facilities etc), pin point coaching to work on improving aspects of his game and a better quality of players around him.

His current attitude appears to be spot on for the team we have - having that bit to prove as well can be a bonus if the players got the right mindset.

I think he's the sort of player we could improve and make better, the sort of signing that is our MO, so I wouldn't have a problem with us taking the plunge.

Look at our recent record at improving players mind - maybe we shouldn't base our opinion completely on what Deeney has done now, but what he could achieve given a more advanced setup (training facilities etc), pin point coaching to work on improving aspects of his game and a better quality of players around him.

His current attitude appears to be spot on for the team we have - having that bit to prove as well can be a bonus if the players got the right mindset.

I think he's the sort of player we could improve and make better, the sort of signing that is our MO, so I wouldn't have a problem with us taking the plunge.

You don't have to sell Deeney to me. I think he's a really good premiership forward. I think he's found his level in the prem and I'd have been thrilled if we signed him a couple of years ago for 10m-ish.

But for what he costs now? Heeeeell no.

Previously I've understood the "it's not your money" argument regards fees but now we have to be shrewd. We've got a squad to build and FFP to consider.

Archived