Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tsintskaro

Bolasie/Troy Deeney

think Deeney will be a great fit. as for Bolasie he can be inconsistent but would still be a great addition to the squad considering the amount of games we will now have to play with the champions league n all. 30-35mil would seem more realistic

I'd take deeney based on what I have seen of him in the last few years, think he could offer us something.

Bolasie on the other hand. Let's assume, Mahrez, Albrighton, Jeff and Gray are all staying, is he a huge upgrade on them? Jeff has shown his pace can cause problems in the last 3 or 4 games.

I think from the comments on here as well, we are expecting some good things from Gray next season as well. So 20 million for a player, who i'm not sure improves us seems a bad idea.

As a few have mentioned tho, if the likes of walsh say it's a good idea then maybe we just have to bite the bullet, but for the same reason we have no need to sell, neither do any clubs in the premier really.

Finding a few more gems abroad maybe a better bet.

One things for sure, rumours are gonna abound this summer.

Would Deeney's 11 goals and six assists have beaten Ulloa if the Argentinian had played as many minutes? I doubt it. 

And Watford's season fell off dramatically.

As for Bolasie, he's got talent in abundance but there's much to work on in terms of consistency.

Maybe it's a stamina thing. Many explosive players find it hard to deliver constantly and it might be we'd use him much more sparingly but effectively than Watford.

As a double signing anything around £12m might be decent business but I'd still question the need for Deeney over Ulloa.

As a replacement for Shinji he'd certainly add to our goals/assists potential but we'd lose the mobile and almost constant closing down which seems to have been important. Overall I'd say it was a small step forward though.  

Would Deeney's 11 goals and six assists have beaten Ulloa if the Argentinian had played as many minutes? I doubt it. 

As for Bolasie, he's got talent in abundance but there's much to work on in terms of consistency.

Maybe it's a stamina thing. Many explosive players find it hard to deliver constantly and it might be we'd use him much more sparingly but effectively than Watford.

As a double signing anything around £12m might be decent business but I'd still question the need for Deeney over Ulloa.     

Deeney spent a lot of the season shoehorned into a wide midfield role where Watford went 4-5-1 against the bigger teams. I dare say he could easily have a few more goals and assists had he partnered Ighalo all season. He'd also have benefited from a shedload more chances being created for him here than he gets at Watford.

They are quite similar players, but Deeney is much more mobile than Ulloa and probably slightly better in terms of linking the play. I love Leo, but Deeney would be a definite upgrade.

£12m for Bolasie and Deeney would be robbery, would never ever happen. Palace would want (rightly or wrongly) £20m+ for Bolasie and Watford £12-15m+ for Deeney at least I'd have thought,

40 million for bolasie and deeney lol lol

**** no.

This. Would take Deeney and maybe Bolasie but what kind of prices are these? No doubt Walshy has had his team scouring the European leagues for months and have a shortlist of outstanding talent that will be nowhere near these figures.

A lot of money but I'm sure we''ll over-spend on some players and pick up bargains elsewhere. It'll even itself out.

I don't think Bolasie will add much, looking forward to seeing more of Gray next year. He'll be off to the AFCON as well.

I'd like Deeney here, fits the profile of th sort of player we want at the club. Must admit I've been more of a fan of his since I've seen his punditry skills, he's got a career nailed on once he retires!

If we sign Deeney then there's no point in having Ulloa. We don't need two target men.

But I'd be sad to see Ulloa go :(

Think we need another rapid striker with decent workrate to slot in behind Vardy, then we'd have a good mix of options for the no.10. A hard worker in Shinji, target man in Ulloa & another speed merchant.

We do need two target men. Players will need to get used to being rotated next season.

I'm not saying there will be wholesale changes between CL and PL matches, but I would expect 1 or 2 changes, something we haven't seen this season.

on Bolassie moving to Leicester: "And next season they will be relagated?Don`t think Bolasie will move to a small club like Leicester, then he rather stay where he is and see what will happen." These Palace fans smoking that good stuff.

And they want Schlupp from him too haha. Another guy said 25 mil + Gray. Man I have no idea what these Palace fans are on over there. 

Blimey the illegal substances available in Thornton Heath must be really special these days. You do wonder what jobs these people do? Scary.

As a replacement for Shinji he'd certainly add to our goals/assists potential but we'd lose the mobile and almost constant closing down which seems to have been important. Overall I'd say it was a small step forward though.  

Purely on stats you have to say Ulloa is more effective.

http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#premier_league/2014/2015/leonardo_ulloa/165/126/10242/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/leonardo_ulloa/165/165/10242/0/p|premier_league/2015/2016/troy_deeney/165/165/11010/0/p#goals_scored/assists#90

Archived