Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tsintskaro

Bolasie/Troy Deeney

3 of Ulloa's 6 have come when he's been playing up top as the main striker and not as the support man.

There is a reason Shinji plays over the more effective (attack wise) Ulloa and that's because of his work rate. We're clearly after someone who can offer both. Ulloa is ok, but he can't put the pressure on defenders as we'd like because he's a bit too lumbering.

Deeney I'd imagine will have been identified as someone who offers a threat, along with the same kind of work rate the Shinji offers.

3 of Ulloa's 6 have come when he's been playing up top as the main striker and not as the support man.

There is a reason Shinji plays over the more effective (attack wise) Ulloa and that's because of his work rate. We're clearly after someone who can offer both. Ulloa is ok, but he can't put the pressure on defenders as we'd like because he's a bit too lumbering.

Deeney I'd imagine will have been identified as someone who offers a threat, along with the same kind of work rate the Shinji offers.

That's why I said "purely on stats" as I'm aware they don't tell the whole story and can be misleading.

Nothing important against Deeney, but so would I. Ulloa has just as many goals and assists in him.

He would replace Shinji though surely? Unless he we are thinking of paying £20m for a super sub? lol

Comparisons to Ulloa are kind of pointless as he isn't even good enough to start for us.

No to both. We just have to be aiming higher than this. 

You'd probably have had every top half team in the league saying that about Vardy last year. Deeney's had a very decent year in which he's played excellently at times. He absolutely smashed the championship, and he's now got the first year of top flight experience under his belt. He works his bollocks off and has shown he has clear quality in the last 3 years or so. I reckon he'd be good for us.

You'd probably have had every top half team in the league saying that about Vardy last year. Deeney's had a very decent year in which he's played excellently at times. He absolutely smashed the championship, and he's now got the first year of top flight experience under his belt. He works his bollocks off and has shown he has clear quality in the last 3 years or so. I reckon he'd be good for us.

He's not even the best striker at Watford. 

Would have no issue with him if we finished mid table again this year but as a team that's going to be lining up in the Champions League, we can definitely do better. 

We can do better yes. But if the player is the right fit, I'd take him anyday over some big name.

Deeney, I think is the right fit. Walsh has wanted him for god knows how long, and we might be in a position to finally sign him.

With Bolasie its not as clear if he'll be a good fit. He has the ability, but is inconsistent. Maybe the last thing missing in his game, is Claudio's tactical genius and an arm round his shoulder?

We can do better yes. But if the player is the right fit, I'd take him anyday over some big name.

Deeney, I think is the right fit. Walsh has wanted him for god knows how long, and we might be in a position to finally sign him.

With Bolasie its not as clear if he'll be a good fit. He has the ability, but is inconsistent. Maybe the last thing missing in his game, is Claudio's tactical genius and an arm round his shoulder?

It's not about big names but bringing in the best players we can possibly attract.

We have three absolute stars that would grace any PL team in Vardy, Mahrez & Kante. The other players are good to very good. I want us to be bringing in players that can become one of our top players not players who will be our 7th or 8th which is how I view both Deeney & Bolasie.

Guest CityFan 06

Apologies if I've already posted this, but what intrigues me about these two potential signings, is that we've seen just how well Ranieri has worked with the current group of players already. He's turned the squad into champions who look persistent PL quality. Players have referred to it, both of their own game and the team's organisation, CR has the ability with his experience and tactical knowhow to help players bring their game on, improve on their potential weaknesses, and utilize their strengths.

If we look at the current XI (even the squad) each player does not look out of their depth at this level and individually they've all improved greatly. I'm thinking if Bolasie and Deeney do sign, Ranieri could add those finishing touches into making them top players. It's a possibility. 

I'd take Deeney in a heartbeat. Hardworking, powerful, scores goals, mobile. I think he'd be the perfect partner to Vardy! 

i disagree, his link up play is poor. I would much rather somebody like Lacazette with a great first touch, good interplay, excellent finishing and the ability to play a through ball. Deeney as a replacement for Ulloa ok, but for the money he will cost I would rather just keep Ulloa. Lacazette on the other hand or Morata.

Apologies if I've already posted this, but what intrigues me about these two potential signings, is that we've seen just how well Ranieri has worked with the current group of players already. He's turned the squad into champions who look persistent PL quality. Players have referred to it, both of their own game and the team's organisation, CR has the ability with his experience and tactical knowhow to help players bring their game on, improve on their potential weaknesses, and utilize their strengths.

If we look at the current XI (even the squad) each player does not look out of their depth at this level and individually they've all improved greatly. I'm thinking if Bolasie and Deeney do sign, Ranieri could add those finishing touches into making them top players. It's a possibility.

This is a great post and makes a very salient point. Added to all the usual considerations about players we target is their ability (and willingness) to improve under the tutelage of Ranieri and our coaching staff. How lucky we are to have such an astute scouting and management team to be able to mkke these judgements.

Would take both of these all day long.

Look between the lines ?

Shinzi plays behind vardy doesn't really assist a lot or score a lot but works hard?

Deeney does all of the above? Soo much more than a target man? Plus he scores goals 20 a season for 3 years ? It's about our DNA ?

He would fit like a glove...

Always rated bolascie , more than zaha .

IF WALSH wants these who are we to judge??

I'd definitely take Deeney. Always rated him. Work rate, passion, power, strength, ariel ability, goals and homegrown. In his prime too at 27. If we can get all that for a decent price, whats not to like? 

Bolasie would be the bigger gamble here, seems less consistent and would command the bigger fee.

Don't think either of these are targets although good players think we will go abroad for new players I'd be surprised if we buy anyone from the prem

agree, Deeney from abroad would cost about 3 milliion. Deeney from this country will cost about 18 million.

With all the money from TV this year hardly anyone will be buying from Prem to prem!

Archived