Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tsintskaro

Bolasie/Troy Deeney

Bolasie is marginally better than Schlupp. £10m max.

Deeney would be a good, more mobile alternative to Ulloa. Seems to have a decent head on his shoulders after his earlier transgressions. £12-£15m max.

Guest ttfn

Deeney is worth £15m of anybody's money, maybe £20m.

As much as its good to bring in cheaper players from abroad its always a gamble - Deeney is now a proven premier league player, seems to be one of the top pros in the league from what his teammates say about him, is a leader and more importantly is a really good player.

People have got to realise that with the new TV deal this is now much it is going to cost to bring in proven players. its obviously a mad amount of money but if he's the right player for us then we should spend the cash

We could do much worse than sign the best player from 2 of our league rivals for the money we will gain from the champions league.

I hope the reaction on here isn't a sign of things to come next season.

Both players nearer 30 than 20 and not a significant enough upgrade on what we already have to justify that spend.

It's a big NO THANKS from me. 

My ambitions for us next season is to be fighting for a CL spot, these are not the players to get us there. With the money in the PL now then pursuing PL players who are at clubs that don't want to sell is never going to be VFM.

Wow.

So, why do you think a club which has only 1 league title and no previous experience of champions league football, can mount a better defence than one which has multiple league titles, two european trophies and had the greatest manager of the modern era in charge.

We're aiming for two Premier League team's most important players in a season where said clubs are raking in record amounts and everybody knows that we'll have a s***load to spend. Anyone is going to cost a lot this season, by the same token with the extra money the club will have £5m or so more than what would usually look like a reasonable deal probably isn't too bad. They certainly seem on the face of it like people who would add to the side and buy into the values our squad have.

Having said all of that, it's only in the S**.

I think they'd both be pretty sound additions but not at those prices. It just adds strength to my argument that the Premier League is going to sadly become a complete no-go area for transfers.

Part of me does want Deeney though. I think he'd fit us like a glove.

Good news is we have the best owners and best scouting team in football, bad news is we have obscene amounts of cash and there will be very few agents and clubs who when we come knocking do not try to increase the price and wage demands, after all these targets must be good if we are in for them and that will alert other clubs.

But because we do have the best owners and back office staff I have no doubt they understand how to play the game of wages and fees.  No matter what the agents try.  Our people will get most if not all their targets including retention of our current guys.

I hope we don't get involved in protracted negotiations (like ulloa) whereby if we end up not getting our man, the identified alternative hasn't already gone elsewhere. The player will not publically state he wants to come because if it falls apart he is left in a bad place with the fans there.

shopping abroad is generally easier but a bit less reliable.

wonder if aranguiz and veretout still have the same agents?

Correct, I didn't think Albrighton & Vardy would win us the league when we bought them, did you?

No, but then I'm not the one on here saying x player isn't good enough to do x, y and z.

By point still stands that I don't think Bolasie and Deeney are a big enough upgrade on what we have to blow the vast majority of our transfer budget on. 

Not a big enough upgrade? Deeney scored 11 and assisted 6, for Watford. Okazaki, whose place would be under threat has scored 5 goals and 0 assits for the Champions.

That would seem like a pretty big upgrade if he did anything remotely similar for us.

I don't even need to look up Bolasie's stats to know they are going to be a million miles away from Schlupps. Jeff has no end product, everyone knows that. I'm less sold on him though, as I'm not sure he's that much better than Albrighton and Mahrez.

As for the money, you don't know what our budget is. £26m profit last season, we must be pushing close to a £50m profit this year after winning the league, even with the investment in Jan. That's before you even think about the extra money from next years prem contract. We could quite feasibly spend £80m+ and still turn a profit over this and next season.

I'd rather look elsewhere for better quality or better potential for the prices quoted.

It's about risk, £20m might seem a lot. But at least you have more chance of knowing what you're going to get. You could spend £10m on another Kramaric, who everyone spanked themselves silly over and they just don't work in the league. That's for the club to weight up, over paying for players you are more sure will fit in, or cheaper foreign players who may not. They know what they are doing.

We'll follow the pattern we have been doing for several years now, some young talent who you can give time to grow. Like Gray, Amartey, Mahrez... some older more solid players from this country, like Leo and Huth.

It's about getting the right blend.

£40 for these 2, no thanks. We are champions of England and should now be able to attract a higher calibre of player. We need top quality players now to help us keep growing and I don't believe these are top 6 players. I can't see united and city racing to sign these 2.

£40 for these 2, no thanks. We are champions of England and should now be able to attract a higher calibre of player. We need top quality players now to help us keep growing and I don't believe these are top 6 players. I can't see united and city racing to sign these 2.

They didn't race to sign Huth, Fuchs, Kante, Mahrez, Vardy or anyone else... and see how that turned out!? Why are we judging ourselves by standards set by others, standards that have been shown up and made to look foolish by ourselves.

Typical of this place though really, if this was some random from abroad people would be loving it. Because it's some bloke from Brum people sneer and say they aren't good enough.

Ok how about £35 and 3 packs of Salt and Victory crisps?

Wow.

So, why do you think a club which has only 1 league title and no previous experience of champions league football, can mount a better defence than one which has multiple league titles, two european trophies and had the greatest manager of the modern era in charge.

I think my ambition of a top four place next season is difficult but achievable. Champions League football again is a huge statement that the club now competes at this level and we aren't just a flash in the pan. 

What would your ambitions be next season?

No, but then I'm not the one on here saying x player isn't good enough to do x, y and z.

Not a big enough upgrade? Deeney scored 11 and assisted 6, for Watford. Okazaki, whose place would be under threat has scored 5 goals and 0 assits for the Champions.

That would seem like a pretty big upgrade if he did anything remotely similar for us.

I don't even need to look up Bolasie's stats to know they are going to be a million miles away from Schlupps. Jeff has no end product, everyone knows that. I'm less sold on him though, as I'm not sure he's that much better than Albrighton and Mahrez.

As for the money, you don't know what our budget is. £26m profit last season, we must be pushing close to a £50m profit this year after winning the league, even with the investment in Jan. That's before you even think about the extra money from next years prem contract. We could quite feasibly spend £80m+ and still turn a profit over this and next season.

It's about risk, £20m might seem a lot. But at least you have more chance of knowing what you're going to get. You could spend £10m on another Kramaric, who everyone spanked themselves silly over and they just don't work in the league. That's for the club to weight up, over paying for players you are more sure will fit in, or cheaper foreign players who may not. They know what they are doing.

We'll follow the pattern we have been doing for several years now, some young talent who you can give time to grow. Like Gray, Amartey, Mahrez... some older more solid players from this country, like Leo and Huth.

It's about getting the right blend.

If we could trade Okazaki and say £5m for Deeney then I would say that is good business.

But if you ask me to pay £40m for Deeney and Bolasie then I don't consider that VFM. Both would probably get in the team but neither are a big enough upgrade to justify that transfer spend.

I'd prefer to see us spend that kind of money on Dembele and Embolo which is more of a risk but the upside is huge compared to Bolasie and Deeney. We know Bolasie and Deeney are good PL players but they're both late 20's and at their peaks. They're fine for consolidating a top 10 place but are they really going to push us on any further and make us a side that threatens top 4? I don't think so but it's only my opinion.

If we sign Deeney then there's no point in having Ulloa. We don't need two target men.

But I'd be sad to see Ulloa go :(

Think we need another rapid striker with decent workrate to slot in behind Vardy, then we'd have a good mix of options for the no.10. A hard worker in Shinji, target man in Ulloa & another speed merchant.

Archived