Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Turkey.... Vardy starts!

He has scored 49 goals in 81 games for Spurs. It's not an automatic selection, it's the correct and obvious selection. He scored 20+ this year, 20+ last year and he'll score 20+ next year.

People are so biased just because, for some reason, there's a strange attitude towards Kane on this forum.

As for someone who said "Kane is only a goalscorer". What a ridiculous thing to say. Is that all Lineker was then?

Where's the bit where I have critised Kane? Must of missed it?

Generally Spurs players will get picked ahead of "smaller" clubs generally speaking

If you look at the rest of my post I state that both Kane and Vardy are good players

We should be 10000/1 seriously. We have utterly no chance at all.

To win it you're relying on France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Belgium all having shockers and no-one else turning up either. It's just not happening. I'm completely convinced even after what I've just witnessed this past season. Like I said in the last post Leicester for all it's a shock you can at least say have a hell of a lot about them as a team. England are less than three weeks from the tournament and we still haven't got a clue what system we're using and which returning from injury players we're shoehorning in.

To win it you're relying on France, Spain, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Belgium all having shockers and no-one else turning up either. It's just not happening. I'm completely convinced even after what I've just witnessed this past season. Like I said in the last post Leicester for all it's a shock you can at least say have a hell of a lot about them as a team. England are less than three weeks from the tournament and we still haven't got a clue what system we're using and which returning from injury players we're shoehorning in.

Nothing special, I'd be disappointed if we lost to those lot. We're our own worst enemy because we're potentially a decent side if we played to our strengths but we insist on playing a style of football the top level of opposition can play better than us.

vardy needs to start the euros why can't we play with two up top for a change really go for it,if we sit back and get beat woy is done for.we need more of a threat than just kane attack is the best form of defense

Just doesn't make sense how one of the best players in the premier league that whose scored three goals out of three for his country, won't be allowed to start. These people who say Vardy isn't good enough for England clearly aren't England fans. In order to win a tournament you take you best players and start them, it's simple. You can't pick players just because of who they play for, I mean Raheem Sterling or Fabian Delph come on!? or even Jack Wiltshire barely played 90 minutes in ages. 

The defense is the problem. We can create and score goals, but the defenders dont seem to want to just defend, similar to when we had de laet and schlupp as full backs, which in turn put pressure on the centre backs Thats the area woy needs to focus on, he needs to give claudio a quick phone call for a few pointers.

The defense is the problem. We can create and score goals, but the defenders dont seem to want to just defend, similar to when we had de laet and schlupp as full backs, which in turn put pressure on the centre backs Thats the area woy needs to focus on, he needs to give claudio a quick phone call for a few pointers.

People may laugh but I wish Big Wes never choose to represent Jamaica a couple of seasons back, would have slotted perfectly just now.

He has scored 49 goals in 81 games for Spurs. It's not an automatic selection, it's the correct and obvious selection. He scored 20+ this year, 20+ last year and he'll score 20+ next year.

People are so biased just because, for some reason, there's a strange attitude towards Kane on this forum. 

As for someone who said "Kane is only a goalscorer". What a ridiculous thing to say. Is that all Lineker was then?

Some idiots were trying to make out Kane was a better all round player than Vardy. In that context it's a very valid point.

Kane is clearly a very good goalscorer and warrants a starting place in the England team. But the stats back up that Vardy is a far more all round/complete/team contributing player, or whatever phrase you want to use. Stats and common sense.

Considering Kane only scored one more goal this season and had far less assists I'd say it's pretty insulting to Vardy to treat Kane as the golden boy central striker and tell Vards he's basically a foil for him and that he's lucky to play at all (the last bit is even a direct quote).

Team I would start with is

Hart

Walker Smalling Cahill Rose

Dier

Alli. Drinkwater

Rooney

Vardy . Kane

It absolutely has to be that. If Hodgson is brave enough to do it I think we'd stand a good chance of doing well. But I'm 99.9% certain it wont be that; it's a shame really because Hodgson has the opportunity now to make a big statement but he'll bottle it.

Some idiots were trying to make out Kane was a better all round player than Vardy. In that context it's a very valid point.

Kane is clearly a very good goalscorer and warrants a starting place in the England team. But the stats back up that Vardy is a far more all round/complete/team contributing player, or whatever phrase you want to use. Stats and common sense.

Considering Kane only scored one more goal this season and had far less assists I'd say it's pretty insulting to Vardy to treat Kane as the golden boy central striker and tell Vards he's basically a foil for him and that he's lucky to play at all (the last bit is even a direct quote).

Not forgetting that a lot of Vardys goals were decisive in us picking up points. He scored so many important goals whereas it wasn't until about March that Kane started scoring goals that meant something. In fact there was a stat knocking around a few months ago that said Spurs would actually have been better off at that point if you took away Kane's contribution; all of his goals had come in big wins and he had actually scored and own goal that cost them points!!

It'll be 4-3-3 wont it. Vardy will be benched and Rooney probably wide left or something lol

Roy Hodgson is just a yes man. Until the FA stop picking the team, & pick players on merit we'll never do well in these tournaments.

Nothing special, I'd be disappointed if we lost to those lot. We're our own worst enemy because we're potentially a decent side if we played to our strengths but we insist on playing a style of football the top level of opposition can play better than us.

They're nothing special I agree but neither are we. I can't see the winner coming from outside of France, Germany or Spain.

Can I recommend resisting the temptation to continue here? It is clearly making a lot of you unhappy, and perpetuating the conversation is likely to make you unhappier still. It is what it is, rightly or wrongly.......it is quite something that drives me to the Transfer threads, but this one did it!

Roy deserves more respect. He knows football, he knows the players, and a huge part of management is 'man management'. Making sure expectations and attitudes are where they should be can lead to anything being said to the media to influence what he wants.

lol No offense mate, but you must be hallucinating... (possibly caused by spurcoxia bottleniculis virus?). I suggest calling a doctor ASAP

PS: Being a Poland fan I feel nothing but sincere sympathy towards England supporters for having such tactical genius as your manager (we had few "Woys" before, so I know the feeling). Good luck in the Euros. Obviously I'll keep my fingers crossed for Drinky and Vards.

Good god the mirror have just released an article saying if everyone fit then vs Russia hodgson is going to play

Hart

Clyne

Smalling

Cahill

Bertrand (struggle to believe that over Rose)

Wilshere

Henderson

Alli

Lallana

Kane

Rooney

http://bit.ly/22myeMY

If Dier and Vardy don't start then I'll be lost for words..

wouldn't be surprised woy loves lallana and Henderson. Also Bertrand is far better than rose IMO. And he can actually defend, still baffled to how he got motm last night even walker was better

is drinkwater going vardys wedding? is he allowed to miss training/a game as well? would he want to if it would be detrimental to his chances of being in the squad?

is drinkwater going vardys wedding? is he allowed to miss training/a game as well? would he want to if it would be detrimental to his chances of being in the squad?

Roy said he could go if he wants. Basically an excuse for him to drop DD if he chooses to attend the wedding.

Archived