Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Euro 2016 Thread

Guest FriendlyRam

If he starts Sterling again I'll just laugh and support Slovakia. 

Vardy needs to start every game from now on 

He Really isn't. Get those blue tinted specs off!

He really is.

Kane may be the better finisher but he's also one of the greediest players on the planet and will take meaningless shots and free kicks from 40 yards whereas Vardy creates loads for his fellow attackers and is far more of a team player.

Kane undoubtably cost Spurs points with his selfishness last season whereas Vardy never did.

Not to mention Vardy's relentless will to win over Kane the Spurs bottle job.

Kane may be the better individual player, but I'd pick Vardy in my team ahead of him 100 times out of 100. The team player over the individualist is why one just won the league and the other finished 3rd.

Because Vardy is so quick and devastating on the counter attack, people think that's all he can do. He is actually an excellent footballer and can play technical football at speed. Not a single report I've seen has mentioned his touch in the buildup to the final goal. It was tiny, but crucial, played in Alli first touch in an incredibly packed penalty area. He's always in the right position, always where a striker should be.

England are just so ponderous tho with Rooney in midfield. Every pass is 1/2 second to late and the moves evaporate in front of him.

I'm befuddled why Roy is floundering on Vardy. I just cannot understand why he wouldn't start Vardy just to keep the other team on edge. His tactics seem to be counterintuitive, if not counterproductive. He's just awful.

When Vardy scored yesterday, I swear that Woy yet again looked non plussed. It really is as though he just doesn't like him. I saw Woys saggy face just after the goal went in and he actually looked miffed! lol

Because Vardy is so quick and devastating on the counter attack, people think that's all he can do. He is actually an excellent footballer and can play technical football at speed. Not a single report I've seen has mentioned his touch in the buildup to the final goal. It was tiny, but crucial, played in Alli first touch in an incredibly packed penalty area. He's always in the right position, always where a striker should be.

England are just so ponderous tho with Rooney in midfield. Every pass is 1/2 second to late and the moves evaporate in front of him.

Spot on..that first touch actually made the goal. Without that, at speed, Stuwwidge would have not been through to take the chance.

I keep hearing (from pundits) "if the ball hadn't come of William's head, Vardy would have been miles offside" like that's a reason to not play him and play Sturridge instead!

It's like they must find a reason to be little his England achievements?

When Vardy scored yesterday, I swear that Woy yet again looked non plussed. It really is as though he just doesn't like him. I saw Woys saggy face just after the goal went in and he actually looked miffed! lol

Hodgson also bigged up Sturridge as a special player, but I could not find any mention of Vardy.

You'd have thought he'd been kissing Vardy's boots after his contribution in the Wales match, for saving his £5M a year job (at least for the time being).

It's becoming increasingly clear that in the eyes of Roy and the English footballing 'establishment' we weren't deserved winners of the title last season and our players are not really good enough. If we were one of the so-called 'top' sides then we would have had three of the starting X1 having won the title, not just one player to be grudgingly introduced as a substitute if you're about to lose your job.

France on the other hand don't seem to have the same approach, and are now learning just what a special player they have.

I thought the same. Almost like his thinking was "oh shit, that's buggered up my plans"

Then at the end of the game he bigs up Sturridge and ignores Vardy. I think the problem with Roy is that he's a clueless w@nker who's boning Kane's mum.

I thought the same. Almost like his thinking was "oh shit, that's buggered up my plans"

Then at the end of the game he bigs up Sturridge and ignores Vardy. I think the problem with Roy is that he's a clueless w@nker who's boning Kane's mum.

Wow. Paranoia alert lol you think he brought off kane for vardy for what reason then? So that vardy would hopefully be shit and we go out the tournament

Seems to me it's all very 'the do they mean us thread' when it comes to vardy on here.

People desperate for him to be the one who gets England far in the tournament so that you can all say to everyone it was all down to a Leicester player.

If he had already signed for arsenal you wouldn't care less if he wasn't starting the next match. I find it all really odd. This is England, it's nothing to do with Lcfc.

Genuinely think Fans on here would prefer England to lose in the final if it meant Vardy playing every match and scoring 5 goals, rather than England winning the tournament and Kane scoring a load and vardy not getting on the pitch.

I think it's because vardy was well offside. Woy obviously wouldn't have realised it came off Williams. So he was probably just thinking oh my god we are so lucky or waiting for it to be ruled out

I've read/and hearing people suggesting Neville pressured owl face into bringing Vardy on and personally think there could be some mileage in that.

Would perhaps explain Woy's saggy old face miserable as fook when Vards scored as abit of 'Oh, i've been proved wrong'.

I know i'm looking for all these little things but I don't know how others can deny it and stick up for the cunt, even fans of other clubs and fans of other clubs I know who have slagged Vardy off all season and now struggling to see how Vardy isn't starting for England, they're now questioning Woy and struggling to stick up or say otherwise for him.

He's got to go after this tournament, he has to.

https://youtu.be/4Ix_rc4St3Q

After speaking to a few people and a lot not knowing Woys reaction after Vardys goal - can be seen here!

Disgusting imho - he shown more emotion for a header gone wide for smalling in first half - you'd think we'd just conceded. If true Nev pressured Woy to put Vardy on it probably explains his face, seriously think he doesn't want Vardy there, had no choice with the season he had lol

Think Vardy will be dropped for Monday and will be Lallana, Kane and Sturridge upfront :(

Wow. Paranoia alert lol you think he brought off kane for vardy for what reason then? So that vardy would hopefully be shit and we go out the tournament

No, but you have to admit he's been very dismissive of Vardy. I fact quite disrespectful in an interview following one of the friendlies. Even the 'quality' papers have picked up on it.

Archived