Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Vardy Euro 2016 Thread

Vardy is hopeless in this England team. We just play so negatively it is ridiculous. Always looking to go sideways or backwards. Utterly pointless. I'd rather Vardy get rested for the new season, sort his wrist out and get away from this England bullshit.  

Some players out there I just couldn't fault there effort, they really did try. While some others looked knackered even before a ball was kicked, Wiltshire, Rooney, Henderson, Sturridge, Smalling, Kane and Bertrand looked awful. The problem today I think was too many changes, we had a winning mentality from the last game and clever Woy decided to change that. 

Vardy looks like the forgotten man, barely got passed to all game.

Kane and alli haven't been great all tournament.  Keep saying they are done for the summer, absolutely ****ed.  vardy was utter gash tonight. Then again, most of them were. 

Story of England, some players just seem to drop there game for England come a major tournament, acting like they wanna be somewhere else. 

Problem is, this time last year, most of these weren't anywhere near the squad, no real pattern of play, just a few good individual performances.

Jordan henderson gives me hope of a call up still at 31 years old, and i stopped playing at 21 due to drink, drugs and bitches. 

Kane and alli haven't been great all tournament. Keep saying they are done for the summer, absolutely ****ed. vardy was utter gash tonight. Then again, most of them were.

Vardy was not gash, Mr Spurs. England don't play to his strengths. No other England player would have had the pace to get into the position he did for the 1 on 1, our best chance. One decent ball over the top and he almost scores. Then no more balls into the channels at all. Endless, aimless passing with nobody taking a risk.

Vardy was not gash, Mr Spurs. England don't play to his strengths. No other England player would have had the pace to get into the position he did for the 1 on 1, our best chance. One decent ball over the top and he almost scores. Then no more balls into the channels at all. Endless, aimless passing with nobody taking a risk.

Geeza, he has to adapt. International quality players do. Your essentially saying vardy can only play one way, which is one dimensional. Effective when playing to his strengths yes, not top quality though. 

Be reasonable, he got his chance tonight and wasn't great. I actually like vardy I'm no hater. Just calling it as it is. I said kane and alli have been arse as well. 

Way too many times you lean forward towards the TV from your seat expectant that England will keep going forward on the break but no... whoever has it just stops, turns inside and plays it back. So pointless, so boring

Way too many times you lean forward towards the TV from your seat expectant that England will keep going forward on the break but no... whoever has it just stops, turns inside and plays it back. So pointless, so boring

Agreed, if your good enough, doesn't matter how many they put behind the ball, if you have movement and quick passing, a team like England should have broken them down.

England were very static, slow moving the ball, and very predictable, same boring shite from England, and woy.

And all this crap that when we play a better team we will have a more open game, yes we will when we keep picking the ball out the net, as proved again tonight, we looked shakey at the back, against a team who didn't want to attack., awful selection, awful team.

To be fair to Vardy, on the odd occassion that he did receive a pass from his team mates, he at least tried to be positive in attack: one touch passes, little flick-ons etc. Hope he doesn't get dropped but, well, we all know the drill. Roy's chaos theory..

I don't understand why England fans expect their team to be doing better than they are. They could have easily won 1-0 if Vardy's chance had gone in. Sturridge could of scored a second; to think that England are that far superior is to living in a fantasy. Pretty sure Hamsik is better than anybody England have.

I've got Vardy as being England's 3rd best player tonight behind Dier and Clyne. He faded in the 2nd half but not surprising when the bus is parked.

Their defence was immense to be fair, Skrtel in particular.

A totally inept performance from England. No quality and no leadership either on or off the field. Roys decision to being Willshire in preference to Drinkwater was exposed for what it was.

It was never Vardy's type of game but he has to learn to be better in these one on ones. He should have been taken off and Sturridge left on, simply because he's a natural finisher, especially in and around the goal.

England played like it was only a matter of time before they scored instead of making things happen. Roy has become an embarrassment who's been exposed as tactically inept. But I Guess nothing changes with England.

he was pretty awful. think i read he touched the ball like 5 times in the whole second half? for a team that spent the whole 45 minutes in their final third. scenes. 

obviously he's our jamie vardy so nobody on here will admit that but he was a complete non-entity (through his fault or others, that's for anyone to argue) but to claim he was one of our better players is absolutely off the charts. 

positives; no way he'll leave when someone points out that second half is how arsenal play every week

negatives; probably won't play for england again

nice. 

Please someone tell me how DD failed to get in the squad ahead of this shite. Henderson? Wilshere? DD would have bossed that tonight and provided Vardy with some actual service. Pathetic!

Not only Drinky, but any two of  Albrighton, Noble and Townsend would have been far more inspired choices than those two. Oh, sorry, I forgot, none of them play for spuds, man ure, arsenal, liverpool, chelski or man city.

A totally inept performance from England. No quality and no leadership either on or off the field. Roys decision to being Willshire in preference to Drinkwater was exposed for what it was.

It was never Vardy's type of game but he has to learn to be better in these one on ones. He should have been taken off and Sturridge left on, simply because he's a natural finisher, especially in and around the goal.

England played like it was only a matter of time before they scored instead of making things happen. Roy has become an embarrassment who's been exposed as tactically inept. But I Guess nothing changes with England.

100% right. I stayed up until 4am watching that turgid crap when sleep would have been a far better option.

I hope that match has hit home to Vardy how lucky he is to be at a club, and team, that believe in him and play to his strengths. 

As for hodgson, he is a totally inept manager on £5M a year who has achieved very little. How he justifies such a wage is beyond me. But he's a great yes man for the FA. A safe option, rather than someone who may say the occasional embarrassing comment, but might actually get us somewhere. Don't think it will get any better because the next manager will be the same type.

Archived