Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

If someone wants Riyad, I want at least £40m.

**** sake one good season and two of our best players are reported to leave at the first opportunity.

I thought they would all stay as we won the prem. I was a dumb naive fool, a FOOL I TELL YOU.

£40mil?! For the PFA POTY?! You must be joking!

Should be £60mil minimum in the current market.

The reason soton get rinsed every year is because the allow it, we shouldn't have the attitude of you can leave if your not happy. Makes contracts pointless.

They allow it? that's ridiculous!

They like us, like Swansea, like etc, etc can not compete with what a player wants. Success for clubs like us can and usually does come at a price and we have our limits!

Last season was a freak of a season, we were worthy Champions but we haven't all of a sudden become Real Madrid! Progressing as a club and hoping as many players stay is the best we can hope for. Unfortunately loyalty isn't a trait that is shared by many players nowadays

Winning the PL did not smash that glass ceiling, we got a peak into it. I fully expect the bigger teams to once again rule supreme on and off the pitch

So no club actually linked, and no release clause. Surely he owes it us to not force a move after what we've done for his career? You would think he would be more loyal than say..Kante. 

there is not much loyalty in football.

Sad times, sad times

We're defending Premier League champions and about to embark on a wonderful Champions League adventure. I don't see what's sad about that...

If I were riyad's agent, I would be thinking, ' kante gone, 100k package unclaimed, my client can do better than that now, let's raise the stakes on the new offer the club are going to make'

And the club say **** that. You can play in the u21s for 3 years on what you're on now.

£35k a week for the Player Of The Year?

Probably using the Kante departure to bargain. Fair play. Give him £130k, that's what Payet is on

if we had taken that attitude with NG, he may not have sought a move. Riyad is posturing. give him what he is worth or we will have another problem in six months time.

if we had taken that attitude with NG, he may not have sought a move. Riyad is posturing. give him what he is worth or we will have another problem in six months time.

At this rate I'll just take another 6 months of him, at least we'll be safe at Xmas then..... lol

If the article is right that we've only offered 80k pw for the PFA POTY, then seriously what do we expect?

I'm hoping that his reluctance to sign this new contract is because he feels he deserves a higher wage, rather than him wanting out all together.

He definitely deserves the same 100k p/w contract as Vardy.

So no club actually linked, and no release clause. Surely he owes it us to not force a move after what we've done for his career? You would think he would be more loyal than say..Kante. 

People asking him for loyalty. How about showing him some respect or do you still want him to play for 30K a week while others get 100K+  ??!!

I feel confident he would stay if he gets wages at  satisfactory levels ...

Archived