Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Mahrez - Arsenal

I think Mahrez has told Vardy he's staying as long as the contracts right which is why Vardy has thought twice. That's my theory anyway

I think Mahrez has told Vardy he's staying as long as the contracts right which is why Vardy has thought twice. That's my theory anyway

Two theories then?

He appears to be a family man (wife expecting 2nd child), if his family is settled/happy then that should sway it in our favour (in addition to payrise), hes already said hes happy here, lets hope he proves it by signing a long term contract. (i hope all the players while celebrating at Vardys house made a pact : we all stay!!!)

He appears to be a family man (wife expecting 2nd child), if his family is settled/happy then that should sway it in our favour (in addition to payrise), hes already said hes happy here, lets hope he proves it by signing a long term contract. (i hope all the players while celebrating at Vardys house made a pact : we all stay!!!)

Or. We all want 100K+ a week?

Sky Sports:

MAHREZ EXIT 'POSSIBLE'

Leicester City star Riyad Mahrez has admitted that is is 'possible' he could leave the club this summer as the Metro reports that Arsenalare interested in signing the pacy winger. 

"It is flattering to hear, as I said nothing is agreed, nothing is done. We will see… For the moment I have not made a decision... It is possible that I stay, it is possible that I leave. We will see," Mahrez said at a Nike event in Paris on Saturday.

The Algeria international was an integral part of Leicester's Premier League winning team - scoring 17 goals in 37 appearances - and picked up the PFA Player of the Year award. 

IF Riyad had a release clause, the press would have sussed it out and have reported on it by now. As they haven't, he clearly doesn't so relax, he stays just like Stones did, Schneiderlin the season before etc etc etc.

Most of what you read in the press take with a pinch of salt. They are small time publications attempting to generate readers by making up stories. They are only copying other publications who have also got some loose link without any substance. We are big time now and the press will jump on this Dont worry until you read it in the Merc that a player could potentially leave.

Most of what you read in the press take with a pinch of salt. They are small time publications attempting to generate readers by making up stories. They are only copying other publications who have also got some loose link without any substance. We are big time now and the press will jump on this Dont worry until you read it in the Merc that a player could potentially leave.

I agree with what you've said. However, by the time the Mercury have reported it the player has normally left the country/club.

I don't read too much into this personally, from what I make out it sounds as if he's happy here but covering his own back side by saying 'might stay, might leave' in case someone the size of Barcelona comes knocking.

"It is flattering to hear (about links to other clubs), as I said nothing is agreed, nothing is done. For the moment I have not made a decision. We will see. It is possible that I stay, it is possible that I leave. We will see," the Algerian midfielder added.

Archived