Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

I say get him in no matter what.  IF Vardy stays, we would be absolute carnage for defenders to manage next season.  

Really? So if Watford asked £40m you'd still want us to pay that?

He's worth 15. Definitely. Current market. I worry about what this will say to Vardy, Mahrez and Kante. 'Stick around lads we're buying top class player'.

Not the best statement of intent for me. Really hope it's one of our smokescreen bids for Silimani or Musa

20 mil haha. He is not even worth 15mil. I like Deeney but this concerns me greatly. If we only have a limited amount of money to spend; lets say 40 mil, and 20 of it goes towards signing this guy I am not sure what to make of it really. And what kind of message does that send the players on this team, especially the ones that want to leave. I get bringing in players with a similar mentality to the team we had last season but we really need higher quality players than Deeney. 

He's worth 15. Definitely. Current market. I worry about what this will say to Vardy, Mahrez and Kante. 'Stick around lads we're buying top class player'.

Not the best statement of intent for me. Really hope it's one of our smokescreen bids for Silimani or Musa

you were faster than me haha

I'd go for Sky Sports other ClubCall as being reliable lol

None of them are reliable most of this stuff starts off from a single unreliable source and gets twisted as it's repeated. So I'd guess 15 was the 1st rumour a d it's reached 20 by the time sky got hold of it.

20 mil haha. He is not even worth 15mil. I like Deeney but this concerns me greatly. If we only have a limited amount of money to spend; lets say 40 mil, and 20 of it goes towards signing this guy I am not sure what to make of it really. And what kind of message does that send the players on this team, especially the ones that want to leave. I get bringing in players with a similar mentality to the team we had last season but we really need higher quality players than Deeney. 

you were faster than me haha

But if we're only going to spend 40 million lets say, then the message to the other players is loud and clear anyway is it not?  If we are to target players "higher than Deeney" with 40 million, how far exactly do you expect that amount of money to go?  Its 1 or 2 players at best either way.

Archived