Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

Call me superficial but I don't think I could have stomached that quasimodo face running around in a city shirt . I mean he's not very aesthetically pleasing on the eye is he ? 

I may speak for myself but that for me is this Leicester side to a tee.

I completely disagree with that, their approach is unorthodox but consistently successful. From the outside, they look like they chop and change managers, but when you look closely they keep a core of staff that work behind the scenes and the coach is just that, the coach. They keep changing the coach and improve every time.

There's something slightly iffy about the owners but the three clubs they own are solid clubs that make steady progress.

I just don't believe they have a culture anymore.

When you compare us and them I think....

Leicester - A real team, fighting spirit, never say die attitude, band of brothers etc. This culture is maintained around the club, from players, to staff and to fans.

Watford - A team full of foreign players, managed by a foreign manager. Deeney seems like a great lad, does all the media, is the link between the fans and the players, works hard for the Watford cause. But that is it. I don't see a team full of unity, a group of fans feeling as though they are a part of something special.

Keeping Deeney is vital for them, because, imo, he is the glue that holds everything together. That is why i don't believe their project is sustainable long term, like it is in other countries. As we, as fans, won't accept Chairman and Owners prioritizing their other business activities over our football clubs. 

His loyalty to Watford is impressive.

But with all their approach, what appears to be anyway, on only signing foreign players, managers and staff, i can't help but feel that Watford don't have much longevity in the top flight.

Apart from Deeney, there isn't a connection there between the club and fans imo.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Just check out our annual open day. Players always get on board. 

As for the foreign players, if English players are going to cost upwards of £25m it's understandable that we bring foreigners in. 

Deeney  : "This club means business and I want to be part of that" ....    what become champions of England and play in the Champions League ??

Either he is very loyal (but that isn't what he said) or money talks ...    nice new car Troy.   

Fair play to him, proper loyalty.

This thread in transfer talk doesn't need to be open any more though - someone can make a thread in gen football & sport if you want to discuss his new contract

Archived