Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

But if we're only going to spend 40 million lets say, then the message to the other players is loud and clear anyway is it not?  If we are to target players "higher than Deeney" with 40 million, how far exactly do you expect that amount of money to go?  Its 1 or 2 players at best either way.

Do you know how much the club can spend without it affecting the FFP rules if we finish in the top half next season? I would think we could spend at least 80 mil.

Why not first pay the £23m for Slimani or even Musa instead. I know Deeney would be a replacement for Okazaki but still...

£20m for Deeney? My god...

This is so underwhelming it's not even funny anymore.

Then he goes out and scores 20 goals for us. I think he'd be a quality signing for us. It's all speculation so to each his own.

Guest seanfox778

I'd like Deeney here but £15mill is too much in my opinion. Don't want to see us getting held to ransom over players, move on to a new target.

Personally think he would be a great fit. Established himself in the premier league and would fit our style of play. He's not worth £20m tho, especially if you consider Vardys release clause is the same amount. Sadly this is football nowadays. I mean Southampton rate Long at £25m!

Also hope he's not being brought in as a replacement for Vardy.

I think most are hoping for some big name or exotic foreign sounding player but this sort of signing would be exactly what I expected.

Why would we penny pinch for players like this.

It's like the contract situations - I'd rather us spend a bit more money to keep/get quality players than spend a bit less and end up with average.

He is absolutely worth £20M. Vardy's release clause means **** all really because that's not his actual market value anyway.

Deeney and Vardy up front, no defence would fancy that. Absolutely zero let up.

Would feel a bit for Okazaki/Ulloa but I guess you've got to keep improving and I'm sure there'd be a role for the pair of them throughout the season somewhere.

Why do people put down English players for? Its like some arsenal fans being underwhelmed with vardy. Deeney is very good mates with Morgan and would fit in perfectly. If we can work on his fitness a bit more then Deeney will be very good

Thinking about things - if Watford accepted the bid, Deeney would be due payments. It's been made public - I expect on the Watford side given our stance on transfers, to see if Deeney requests the move, thus forgoing any bonuses due.

We simply need to hold tight for a few days I expect and see if Deeney assists us - that would effectively up the value of our bid my a couple of million no doubt.

Mirror reporting he wants the move..

https://t.co/pskvDcY1Va

He won't be happy for them to have knocked us back

looks like a 15 mill bid. The add ons are usually irrelevant as they rarely happen. And they have to pay 25% of the fee to Walsall. Not surprised that they knocked us back as they will only receive around 11mill. However, if the player wants it then he needs to force the issue quickly. Mind you, our record for sticking with a target is tangible. Watford fans will be as pissed with us as we were with the arsenal last Friday night. reckon we might go back with a couple mill more (assuming deeneys agent advises that his client has told them he wants to come) but if they still reject then we should move on quickly.

Watford don't want to sell & Deeney doesn't want to leave. Other than that .. No Problem !!

I think your wrong there. Midlands club. Near his home. Pay rise. Signing on fee. Already mates with a few of the players. Champions league. Deeney would jump at the chance.

Archived