Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

Why do people put down English players for? Its like some arsenal fans being underwhelmed with vardy. Deeney is very good mates with Morgan and would fit in perfectly. If we can work on his fitness a bit more then Deeney will be very good

Nobody is putting him down, most are saying 20 mil is too much, and the message it sends to the higher quality players it not good given that we are competing in the UCL and many of our better players have the options of joining bigger clubs with better players. I remember watch a Rio Ferdinand interview and at the end of each season even when he won the UCL his first question to the leadership was: "who are we signing next year". Imagine what Vardy must be thinking, if i was on the fence, I would want to hear an outline for the clubs vision and plan for the next few years. If i were him and I hear Deeney for 20 mil if anything it would bring me closer toward signing for the Gunners.

Dont know what to feel

Vardy and Deeney would be a great duo after all what he has done with "not that good lineup" Watford got.

but nobody knows Vardy is staying or not,in this scenario Deeney alone is not worth even 10mil

Given the current Premier League market prices, Deeney at £20 million looks about right.

Determined footballer who caused our central defenders a few problems.

If I recall correctly they said he was one of the toughest opponents they played against last year.

If Huth & Morgan rate him, then who are we to disagree.

£15-18 million + add-ons seems about right in today's market for a player who last summer signed a four-year deal. We could probably sign more 'talented' players from abroad for less, but Deeney has good technique and fits the bill for the very specific requirements expected of our 'number 10' (with much-needed height as a bonus).

Can't really get the arse when Arsenal have done essentially the same thing to one of our players. Deeney is loved there, he'd not want to kick off and force Watford's hand because they've made him the player he is now.

Given the current Premier League market prices, Deeney at £20 million looks about right.

Determined footballer who caused our central defenders a few problems.

If I recall correctly they said he was one of the toughest opponents they played against last year.

If Huth & Morgan rate him, then who are we to disagree.

It was the other around if I remember correctly. It was Deeney who said the toughest opponent he faced was Robert Huth.

Love how regularly we all "have total trust in Walshy et al to get the right player at the right price" ....... unless it's actually a player we've seen. In which case, WTF are they thinking !!!!!

I like deeney and think he would be a good fit for us, wouldn't want to be paying much more than 15 million though.

I don't care what we pay. He'll benefit the team imo. Don't believe our owners are ones to waste money anyways and I'm pretty sure they have a max figure in mind........they appear to be on the ball.

We should, again imo, be more concerned with the players coming and going not what the club pays for them.

He has seemed keen to join us for ages, maybe not the international flair striker we thought we would be attracting but a hard working solid striker who has proved he can score goals in the Prem, but he is a good link up man, and if the staff think he can tit into our team pattern and squad social ethic get him in. I dont few him as a replacement for Vardy, more of an addition to the "pub squad". I still envisage the likes of Musa joining us too

Nobody is putting him down, most are saying 20 mil is too much, and the message it sends to the higher quality players it not good given that we are competing in the UCL and many of our better players have the options of joining bigger clubs with better players. I remember watch a Rio Ferdinand interview and at the end of each season even when he won the UCL his first question to the leadership was: "who are we signing next year". Imagine what Vardy must be thinking, if i was on the fence, I would want to hear an outline for the clubs vision and plan for the next few years. If i were him and I hear Deeney for 20 mil if anything it would bring me closer toward signing for the Gunners.

They are putting him down because in the same breath they are saying spend even more money on players totally untried in this league. This is £15m plus adons if he does well... Musa and Slimani are going to be £20 odd million up front, no add ons and plying their trade in average leagues.

It's the same old story, fancy name in a foreign league and people wet themselves with excitement.

Archived