Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

I was well underwhelmed at first but he'll still improve us up top. Quick, strong and can hold the ball up. Knows where the goal is. Always gping to over pay for premier league player (clauses aside). He'll fit in nicely

Because we've never wanted Slimani perhaps.

There is nothing to guarantee he'll be any better. Late bloomer like Deeney but operating in a lesser league. He'll cost £23m ish up front... Deeney bid was £15m plus add ons if he performs.

Yeah it's almost impossible to compare their records on paper, and 8 million is still quite a fair chunk of fee.

I think it's one of those, if you renamed him Troyes Deneenio and he played in a trendy European league people would be fine with us paying 20 mill.

Reading their forums they sound like us saying arsenal are not a step up for Vardy!

Most of them saying once we lose Mahrez Vardy and Kante we will be no better than they are!

They are not wrong, if we lose all three. They are also saying he does not have the quality to play the champions league and should not be certain to make it into our starting line up. They must rate okazaki haha

So many experts on here :)

"Too much"Not Worth It"Rather Have"No Way" Administration"

I for one am so glad the club don't base it's transfer policy on Foxes Talk kneejerk reactions :)

Forgive us for having opinions on a message board.

So many experts on here :)

"Too much"Not Worth It"Rather Have"No Way" Administration"

I for one am so glad the club don't base it's transfer policy on Foxes Talk kneejerk reactions :)

looool why you think we here for?? you have me dying. Let me guess: "in Walsh we trust"?

I don't care what we pay. He'll benefit the team imo. Don't believe our owners are ones to waste money anyways and I'm pretty sure they have a max figure in mind........they appear to be on the ball.

We should, again imo, be more concerned with the players coming and going not what the club pays for them.

I agree he would be a decent signing

But if your going above the 20 million mark I think there are better players out there for that type of money.

Slimani got 56 goals in 108 games for Sporting and has played in the Champions League.

The only problem with this is slimani is played as the focal point of sportings attack, if we keep vardy we don't need a 23m man to sit on the bench offering a bit of competition, deeney on the other hand plays the Okazaki role just better...with Kaspers quick distribution and deeneys ability in the air it would be the perfect set up, plus he's useful in the box as well win win in my eyes, 20m is crazy money for him but if the club feel he's worth it he definitely gets the thumbs up from me

Typical Foxestalk when fans want Musa a player who they know fvck all about, over a player in Deeney who they know and see most weeks.

Watch Deeney's performance in the FA Cup against Arsenal, if you still don't want him after that then you're an absolute idiot.

Typical Foxestalk when fans want Musa a player who they know fvck all about, over a player in Deeney who they know and see most weeks.

Watch Deeney's performance in the FA Cup against Arsenal, if you still don't want him after that then you're an absolute idiot.

It's the price tag people are against, not his abilities.

Deeney would be an excellent signing for us, upgrade on Okazaki and Ulloa and would fit in with our style and type of character of the team. At a good age, would be great to get him.

Archived