Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

i think he will sign for us eventually(seems both parties want it), the fee will hopefully be far short of those rumoured, unless the high figures include the "add ons", Personally i think if new signings achieve the "add on targets then they/and club have had a good season

Watford have signed Jerome Sinclair from Liverpool today. Possible cover for an impending departure..?

I wouldn't look too far into the Sinclair signing. Even if Deeney did go, someone with Sinclair's relative infancy would not be my choice if immediate replacement.

Guest CityFan 06

I wouldn't look too far into the Sinclair signing. Even if Deeney did go, someone with Sinclair's relative infancy would not be my choice if immediate replacement.

Decent signing though mate. Plenty of potential to develop in the future. Hope you do well this season, I noticed a season's experience of PL football really benefited Leicester, perhaps it could for Watford.

This will make a Maynard. If the Clubs agree on the fee, then we will have 40 pages on medicals, plus 10 on 'why has it not been announced yet?

We can do this together.

Decent signing though mate. Plenty of potential to develop in the future. Hope you do well this season, I noticed a season's experience of PL football really benefited Leicester, perhaps it could for Watford.

Thank you. I think we have the ability to challenge for the top 10, we just need the drive and application. As for Sinclair, I think he could come good for us in a few seasons, and if English players are going to command £30m fees then it's good to get as many resources on-side as possible sooner rather than later.

Guest CityFan 06

Thank you. I think we have the ability to challenge for the top 10, we just need the drive and application. As for Sinclair, I think he could come good for us in a few seasons, and if English players are going to command £30m fees then it's good to get as many resources on-side as possible sooner rather than later.

Watford have the potential for top 10. I get the impression we are hoping to do the same, a very solid top 10 position, and of course any higher than that is excellent. 

Can't ever see us signing Deeney if this is the case in terms of fee for Ighalo.

Premier League Talk

Watford turn down £38M from Chinese club for Ighalo. Makes #LFC £30M ask for Benteke look a bargain.

Can't ever see us signing Deeney if this is the case in terms of fee for Ighalo.

Think these days it's not about the money( although you've take that for Ighalo ).It's more does the player want the move.

I think you make a very good point. The Deeney deal does indeed looks dead.

Playing in China where the results are known in advance to tie into betting patterns, would not satisfy a player that wants to genuinely play football.

If they're supposedly turning down £38 million for Ighalo, I can't see them letting Deeney go at all. In my opinion Deeney is easily Watford's most important player and I'm under the impression that Watford feel that way too. Oh well, onto the  next one!

If they're supposedly turning down £38 million for Ighalo, I can't see them letting Deeney go at all. In my opinion Deeney is easily Watford's most important player and I'm under the impression that Watford feel that way too. Oh well, onto the  next one!

If he wants to come they will sell.  They are not big enough a club to hold out and let an unhappy player rot in the reserves.  They are better off selling perhaps getting Ulloa as part of the deal if that is what they want and Ulloa wants to go.  

If he wants to come they will sell.  They are not big enough a club to hold out and let an unhappy player rot in the reserves.  They are better off selling perhaps getting Ulloa as part of the deal if that is what they want and Ulloa wants to go.  

Suppose so. It's just really hitting home just how much money premier league clubs have. Crystal Palace who finished 15th bid over £30 million for a player a few days ago...

Splashed out 180k on a new car,

Big deal in the pipeline?

WHY NOT TREAT MYSELF' Watford striker Troy Deeney blasted as ‘exactly what’s wrong with football’ after £180k Lambo birthday brag

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1371981/watford-striker-troy-deeney-blasted-as-exactly-whats-wrong-with-football-after-180k-lambo-birthday-brag/

Absolutely fookin ridiculous !!    Why pay £180k for a car like that when you can get an Audi R8V10 plus that is just as quick but sounds far better for £125k ....    Chump !   :)

Absolutely fookin ridiculous !!    Why pay £180k for a car like that when you can get an Audi R8V10 plus that is just as quick but sounds far better for £125k ....    Chump !   :)

Indeed the reaction it's getting seems silly - guy has lots of money... decides to spend some on a top range car.

Archived