Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

Probably also a good thing we didn't accept, what, £25m? It sets an unwanted precedent for future transfers. Plus with the money we turned down for Ighalo of late, had we accepted then it would have been harder to hold on to other players who had big bids tabled for them. We finished 13th last season, but Premier League status is by no means guaranteed, so we need to hold on to our best players, regardless of what's on offer.

can't work out if it's great, ridic or hilarious that we have just won the league, are top seeds in the champions league an just got kb'd by troy deeney cos he'd rather play for watford. ohhhh baby baby it's a wild worrrrld.

Fair play to him. Very loyal, and no less than I would have expected. He's been a very good servant to Watford - just a shame he's not heading over to us.

I'm delighted, particularly because you can't just recruit that kind of commitment to the club. I think it's down to us standing by him when he was in prison and on the verge of throwing his career away. 

Would have been good for us, but he is to Watford, what Vardy is to us, so can understand him staying.

To be honest the prices quoted were way to high.

Would have been good for us, but he is to Watford, what Vardy is to us, so can understand him staying.

To be honest the prices quoted were way to high.

Call me superficial but I don't think I could have stomached that quasimodo face running around in a city shirt . I mean he's not very aesthetically pleasing on the eye is he ? 

In fairness, not many of our players are particularly good-looking. 

Fair play to him, he has nailed the contract he wanted and will no doubt keep him going for the rest of his life, and he gets to stay where he is comfortable.  He wont win anything though, and may never play in the Champions League.  I wonder if he would have gone for a big 4 team.

Never mind.

Like I said before I think this was a smokescreen.

We would have balked at their'valuation' and have swiftly moved on to other targets.

Would be interesting to see if he has a release clause which applies after a period of time.

His loyalty to Watford is impressive.

But with all their approach, what appears to be anyway, on only signing foreign players, managers and staff, i can't help but feel that Watford don't have much longevity in the top flight.

Apart from Deeney, there isn't a connection there between the club and fans imo.

I completely disagree with that, their approach is unorthodox but consistently successful. From the outside, they look like they chop and change managers, but when you look closely they keep a core of staff that work behind the scenes and the coach is just that, the coach. They keep changing the coach and improve every time.

There's something slightly iffy about the owners but the three clubs they own are solid clubs that make steady progress.

Archived