Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Deeney bid rejected - Signs new contract with Watford

I wonder if JV now staying will sway his decision ....     I think he will be a great asset to us and can't wait to see them playing together.   As has been said before the fee is secondary considering the mega bucks involved with success.

I think absolutely the Vardy news has been timed to appeal to Deeney. That partnership would be lethal.

Deeney is a weird one.

Totally unspectacular player but I can really see him being brilliant here. Would fit in so well.

Price needs to be right though.

Slimani will be able to play the second striker role, he has all the attributes we like for that role. Don't forget, Okazaki never played that role before we signed him either.

Yes and Okazaki wasn't great at it... I'd rather sign someone on the basis of them being able to play in the position we're going to play them.

We'll never know what the plan was for Okazaki as he was signed for Pearson.

Deeney is a weird one.

Totally unspectacular player but I can really see him being brilliant here. Would fit in so well.

Price needs to be right though.

I disagree ...    we were spectacularly lucky last season with only having 3 recognised first team strikers but that won't happen next season.   As you say he could easily be brilliant here so we need to get him ....    do the best on the fee, but get him.   At all costs.

Yes and Okazaki wasn't great at it... I'd rather sign someone on the basis of them being able to play in the position we're going to play them.

We'll never know what the plan was for Okazaki as he was signed for Pearson.

So the 20 goals that Okazaki's runs created the space for wasn't great? lol

So the 20 goals that Okazaki's runs created the space for wasn't great? lol

I think you are stretching it there, I defended the bloke last year as I can see what he brings. But, zero assists and 5 goals isn't a great return in a title winning team.

I think absolutely the Vardy news has been timed to appeal to Deeney. That partnership would be lethal.

two working class english lads, both come back from adversity in their lives, both with incredible attitudes and work ethics one plays on the last man the other wins flick ons, links play and drops deeper for the ball. I'll go out on a limb and say this would be the greatest strike partnership in our history.

two working class english lads, both come back from adversity in their lives, both with incredible attitudes and work ethics one plays on the last man the other wins flick ons, links play and drops deeper for the ball. I'll go out on a limb and say this would be the greatest strike partnership in our history.

Your last sentence sums up exactly how I feel. If they want £32m, pay it. It will absolutely be worth it.

Agree with this.

I would be in ecstasy if we signed Deeney to be honest. The money makes me squint but Walsh and Co have developed a winning formula here, this signing would obviously work to all of our strengths so I'm not overly bothered about the price tags. 

Fans of other team will be ripping into us about paying £30m for Deeney, until they play us of course and realise why we were willing to pay the money.

Defenders everywhere would be shitting themselves.

Agree with this.

I would be in ecstasy if we signed Deeney to be honest. The money makes me squint but Walsh and Co have developed a winning formula here, this signing would obviously work to all of our strengths so I'm not overly bothered about the price tags. 

Fans of other team will be ripping into us about paying £30m for Deeney, until they play us of course and realise why we were willing to pay the money.

Defenders everywhere would be shitting themselves.

It would be something wouldn't it. Vardy and Deeney up front... What a wondrous crown on top of a glorious team. Deeney fits everything we want and need - his attitude, work ethic and spirit would blend seamlessly into our own.

Pay the 30M and may the defenses of our league quiver in their boots for many a season to come.

That suggests we won the league despite Shinji.

Not at all, he played he part like everyone else. But he was lacking in the attacking third, I don't think anyone can deny that. Deeney can offer that workrate and commitment, with an attacking edge.

I'd pay £30 million, he had the same total assists and goals as Payet (21), more than Costa, Sanchez, Mane and Alli. He will contribute to 25+ goals with a much better team around him, people are blinded because he plays for Watford. I can see Walsh's thinking behind this. How much would a foreign player cost to score 15-20 goals and have 10+ assists?!

SSN:

LEICESTER STILL WANT DEENEY

We understand Jamie Vardy’s new deal at Leicester does not affect their pursuit of Watford striker Troy Deeney.

Claudio Ranieri still wants to add the Watford captain to his squad this summer.

Leicester have had two bids turned down by Watford – the last was for £25m – and it’s been reported they are considering upping their offer to £30m.

LEICESTER STILL WANT DEENEY

We understand Jamie Vardy’s new deal at Leicester does not affect their pursuit of Watford striker Troy Deeney.

Claudio Ranieri still wants to add the Watford captain to his squad this summer.

Leicester have had two bids turned down by Watford – the last was for £25m – and it’s been reported they are considering upping their offer to £30m.

He's not worth £32m but seeing as it's not my £32m and Thai owners have plenty of millions, I say let's gerrimin... we will eventually have to spend big anyway... and troy will complete our glorious attack.

We know buying big doesn't guarantee success... but Deeney will be perfect. We would shit all over the champions league

I think you are stretching it there, I defended the bloke last year as I can see what he brings. But, zero assists and 5 goals isn't a great return in a title winning team.

I'm actually not. Whilst Mahrez & others have been fantastic for us ON THE BALL, Okazaki's work OFF THE BALL has been just as important. Now go watch our 68 goals on youtube, Okazaki is involved in nearly a third of them, either through running to create space, movement, positioning, assisting or scoring:

• Vardys 1st Vs Sunderland - Shinji's run in the box takes the defender away

• Albrighton Vs Sunderland - Shinji's movement creates havoc in Sunderland's defence allowing Albrighton to score

• okazaki goal vs west ham

• Mahrez goal vs west ham - played in marc Albrighton to assist Mahrez

• Mahrez goal vs Tottenham - Shinji's run takes the a defender away, creating more space for Mahrez

• vardy vs arsenal - his run, means the defender can’t move towards vardy to block his shot

• schlupp vs Norwich - won the ball back to set up the counter

• okazaki goal vs Newcastle

• okazaki wins penalty vs everton

• okazaki goal vs everton

• everton, vardy wins penalty, okazaki’s run pulls defender away for vardy giving him space to run behind

• okazaki goal vs aston villa

• okazaki shot assists vardy for 2nd goal vs Liverpool

• huth 1st goal vs man city, okazaki holds off the defender at front post giving huth space to run into

• Mahrez goal vs man city, Okazaki's runs to the left allows Mahrez to cut in to score on his right foot

• okazaki goal vs Newcastle

• Mahrez goal vs palace, okazaki’s run take one defender away, creating space for Mahrez to run into

• morgan goal vs Southampton, okazaki’s run makes two defenders follow him, giving Morgan space to head the cross in

• king goal vs west brom, okazaki’s run down the left wing means Albrighton has room to cut in on his right foot & cross to Mahrez who assists king

• morgan goal vs man united, okazaki’s run at the last second distracts de gea & stops him from getting close to the ball

• andy king goal vs everton, okazaki’s run occupys the main center back who can’t get out in time to block king’s shot

So 21/68 goals, Okazaki is involved in & helped create and to be honest I probably even missed some out. So for those underestimating Okazaki's influence in our attacking play just take a look at that list. ON THE BALL he can be improved on, no doubt. But his work OFF THE BALL will be much harder to replace. 

And that's just goal scored. Who knows how many chances we have created due to Okazaki's work off the ball. Probably 100.

Archived