Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

Iceland chant for Huth

I did only once hear the "flash" chant ; bum..bum..bum..bum..bum..HUTH, ahaaa... he saved every one of us.

Probably best to keep things much more original now we'll be on telly a lot again.

Oh, and in regards to Mendy, definitely no smegging Barry Manilow !

Its not a complicated concept. I wasn't suggesting Motherwell invented synchronised clapping but the form Iceland used they got from one of their teams playing Motherwell in the Europa League a few years ago.

And nobody will be singing Please Don't Take Me Home because its an absolutely moronic chant that makes no sense when applied to domestic football. I'd be gutted to hear even one City fan singing it at a CL away.

Newcastle have sang it at away games for a few years now.

Its not a complicated concept. I wasn't suggesting Motherwell invented synchronised clapping but the form Iceland used they got from one of their teams playing Motherwell in the Europa League a few years ago.

And nobody will be singing Please Don't Take Me Home because its an absolutely moronic chant that makes no sense when applied to domestic football. I'd be gutted to hear even one City fan singing it at a CL away.

People were singing it at Old Trafford. We are genuinely one of the worst sets of fans for rip-offs these days.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been hearing this chant butchered all summer now. So if it happens lets do it properly. To do it properly you need a drummer to co-ordinate it. When the  Icelandic do it they have a drummer who does three beats and on the third beat everyone claps.

It is not an amazing feat of synchronisation, or internal counting, they wait for the drummer to tell them when to clap. He sets the tempo and gives the cues. We have a drummer so we can do it properly or not at all.

8 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I've been hearing this chant butchered all summer now. So if it happens lets do it properly. To do it properly you need a drummer to co-ordinate it. When the  Icelandic do it they have a drummer who does three beats and on the third beat everyone claps.

It is not an amazing feat of synchronisation, or internal counting, they wait for the drummer to tell them when to clap. He sets the tempo and gives the cues. We have a drummer so we can do it properly or not at all.

Better idea, just don't do it.

Or do it shit, win money, never again. I'm easy.

It's a Norse thing, we are not Norse

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Better idea, just don't do it.

Or do it shit, win money, never again. I'm easy.

It's a Norse thing, we are not Norse

But you know it will be tried, it's been done at the Darts, the cricket, and every friendly I've seen so far. It will be done, so if we are going to do, at least try and do it properly.

On 3 August 2016 at 17:37, lgfualol said:

Pls no this is something for Crystal Palace. We already look desperate with the clappers.

We're going to do the war cry with the clappers, aren't we? lol

23 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

So what if it's declared as a dead heat between Leicester and Hull? The chant is going to happen as money can be made and we're first up.

I just can't see it happening. How would people make it work without a drum or someone with the balls to stand down the front facing the fans to lead it? If there's a few lads up the back just clapping at random times there's no way Sky will pay out. 

Just now, Finnaldo said:

Debatable.

Nah not really. The only Norse heritage here is left over from the Viking settlers, and that heritage is vastly outnumbered by the other cultures that have settled here (Anglo Saxon Roman Norman etc)

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Nah not really. The only Norse heritage here is left over from the Viking settlers, and that heritage is vastly outnumbered by the other cultures that have settled here (Anglo Saxon Roman Norman etc)

Still plays at big part in the local dialect however.

Not really even that bothered to be honest, don't care for the Icelandic chant just picking a fight :D

Archived