Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2016/17 League 1 and League 2

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Congrats to Portsmouth! Finally out of league two.

Yes, indeed congrats to Pompey and also to Plymouth.

Looking like it's between Newport and The Monkey Hangers to see who will drop out with The Orient...bad loss for Hartlepool today at Brisbane Road, while Newport's goal difference has taken a shattering losing 6-1 at Plymouth.

Just now, Tuna said:

Yes, indeed congrats to Pompey and also to Plymouth.

Looking like it's between Newport and The Monkey Hangers to see who will drop out with The Orient...bad loss for Hartlepool today at Brisbane Road, while Newport's goal difference has taken a shattering losing 6-1 at Plymouth.

Oh yeah, and Plymouth. Adams has done well there.

Hartlepool are on the skin of their teeth. 

Watched Sheffield Utd today, played some amazing football for that level, a pleasure to watch. 

What a two years chris wilder has had! Turned Northampton around and got them promoted and now into the championship with Sheffield Utd! Another team that had been hopeless for a few years.

I bet he's on a few radars!

worth noting they are 50% Saudi owned too so will probably have some cash to splash in the championship. 

On 17/04/2017 at 23:33, AjcW said:

Watched Sheffield Utd today, played some amazing football for that level, a pleasure to watch. 

What a two years chris wilder has had! Turned Northampton around and got them promoted and now into the championship with Sheffield Utd! Another team that had been hopeless for a few years.

I bet he's on a few radars!

worth noting they are 50% Saudi owned too so will probably have some cash to splash in the championship. 

Think they will be a good outside bet to go up next season.

I have no tie to them but I was pleased to see Pompey get promotion on Monday. I work with a season ticket holder there and their fans have been through a fair bit. Promotion from League 2 was clearly a massive deal to their fans, always nice to see.

Will be interesting to see who gets in the play-offs/who slips out of it in League 2 today.

Key game is Newport v Accrington.

Two of the lowest-budget sides, needing to win for different situations.

31 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Leyton Orient have gone :(:(

Been in the football league since 1905 and the last year has been horrific for those poor fans. 

Feel for the fans, badly run club who were on the cusp of the championship not so long ago. Staff not paid, disgusting treatment, so annoying especially when you have players crying as they've not got a six figure a week contract. 

25 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Jeff Stelling has just absolutely tore into Dave Jones on soccer Saturday , urging him to quit , or for the chairman to sack him. 

A proper fan who wore his heart on his sleeve despite probably wanting to try and remain professional. How I was when we went down to league 1, could have murdered someone. 

18 hours ago, isaidno said:

Jeff Stelling has just absolutely tore into Dave Jones on soccer Saturday , urging him to quit , or for the chairman to sack him. 

His voice couldn't be anymore public and was the right thing to say in front of a national audience during a related subject matter.

It may cause some embarrassment to the club, Stelling himself and Jones - but if a popular television personality says that then it's time for something to change there.

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 17:47, Corky said:

Two more wins and Chris Wilder will have won 199 points in two seasons.

I read he hasn't won manager of the month yet...probably why they've won the league.  Incredible to think they were bottom of the league when he took over,  largest away following in the league by any team in England this season over 7500.

23 hours ago, isaidno said:

Here's the video, g'won Jeff!

Archived