Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2016/17 League 1 and League 2

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Mansfield are one goal off the last play off place now after being 12th at the start of the day, what a high they would be on going into the play offs if they get in.

Need to come 7th don't they, where Carlisle are atm, a point ahead. They need Exeter to win and they need to score again themselves.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Need to come 7th don't they, where Carlisle are atm, a point ahead. They need Exeter to win and they need to score again themselves.

Yeah they need a lot to happen to get 7th but since my post Colchester and Carlisle are leading/drawing respectively and have subsequently leapfrogged them.

Looks like Hartlepool are doomed in the relegation battle anyway.

Must be awful going out the league. More than relegation.

And another big club relegated out the league.

Well done to Pompey though, fan run club. Too big for League 2.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Absolutely.

As a closet skate I'm delighted for the club. Enjoyed visiting some historic grounds that I haven't been to for years such as Meadow Lane and Field Mill but they need a long term strategy to return them to where they belong. Now the fans have to decide whether to put their faith into and relinquish 100% control over to ex Disney chief Michael Eisner. Real quandary.

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Must be awful going out the league. More than relegation.

And another big club relegated out the league.

Also worth pointing out then that Newport County is owned by its supporters whilst Hartlepool are owned by middle eastern oil men who have the club company registered in the Virgin Islands as a tax dodge.

So, yknow, not all bad news.

That's now five teams we played in League One who are currently out of the Football League (although Tranmere could well return) and one completely out of business and a phoenix club. Sobering.

This must be the worst way to go down. If you are hopeless all season and well adrift then you can plan for it. If you lost 4-0 today then it's gone for most of the game. But to have survival in your grasp then taken so late must be gut wrenching.

Okay, so Forest won their game and stayed up, Liverpool couldn't beat Southampton and Arsenal won but this potential Comedy Channel day still has one glimmer of hope.....the total capitulation of Millwall, it's Scunny vs Scummy and I've become Scunthorpe through and through for the night. Just hope they have the number of a decent builder as they'll have to repair the away end of the stadium tomorrow if they do it. 

C'mon Scunny boys, I don't know anything about you apart from you're not Milwall but come on!!!!

Archived