Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2016/17 League 1 and League 2

57 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Any idea why both matches are on at the same time?

I presume they had to be on the same day so they have equal / adequate rest before the final and the other TV slots to avoid overlapping were already taken. Ideally they could have had The Forest game then done without Liverpool v Southampton and used that slot or moved Arsenal v Man Utd forward two hours (Moanrinho would have made an issue of that though). It is a shame though to make us chose between two such potentially important games whilst in recent weeks virtually meaningless games have had a slot of their own. Potentially if they show both at different times the first may have gone to extra time and pens but it would just mean missing the build up and a few minutes of the second match.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

When was the last time Bradford were in the second tier?

We played them when we got promoted to the PL didn't we. Dickov scored a hat trick if I recall correctly.

Hope Bradford go up. 

Please, Bradford - beat those scummy fvckers from London's South Side. It would be more than just a victory for football.

I have a soft spot for Bradford, that much I can admit.

And they're exceptionally well-run - according to a recent interview with the German owner (Rahic), they're completely debt-free and also try to use the "working class club" image to their advantage: Cheap tickets, right scouting,...

• 2 weeks later...

That final Blackpool goal is one of those that just shouldn't happen. It's a routine clearance off the line under no pressure from anyone but the keeper diving distracted the defender and he miskicked horribly. If the same scenario happens at 0-0 after 15 minutes I reckon he clears it away without a problem but almost the final kick of the game changes things.

I have a soft spot for Blackpool but what that club really needs is to get rid of Bolokon (deliberate mistype) and the reptilian Oystons. A higher division means more money for the owners. Of all the clubs in the league which are struggling because they have sh1t owners Blackpool are right down there with the worst.

Lincoln lose winger Hawkridge to Notts County and loan striker Angol to Mansfield.

Apparently were offered double what Lincoln were offering.

Money talks.

5 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I hope he's decent.

very inconsistent. Scored 3 goals season , 2 of these were in the game that won Lincoln the league. He drifts into the middle to much for me.

18 minutes ago, isaidno said:

very inconsistent. Scored 3 goals season , 2 of these were in the game that won Lincoln the league. He drifts into the middle to much for me.

Sounds better than what we have lol.

Thanks for the info.

Archived