Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

58 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we played Tuesday and it was a rocket into the top corner, sometimes you just have to say as a fan great goal and move on and be no he couldn't have got the back pass as it was about 20 yards away from him to one of the quickest players on the pitch

Tuesday sorry. Kasper would of got to that like many others a keeper has to be more of an out field player these days not just stand on his line like he does.

5 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Tuesday sorry. Kasper would of got to that like many others a keeper has to be more of an out field player these days not just stand on his line like he does.

he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near that as it was meant as a pass to Morgan not Zieler, you are off your head if you think Matt Phillips would have lost a foot race with Kasper especially when Phillips had a 15 yard head start

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he wouldn't have gotten anywhere near that as it was meant as a pass to Morgan not Zieler, you are off your head if you think Matt Phillips would have lost a foot race with Kasper especially when Phillips had a 15 yard head start

Just watch it again. I was bang inline with it then I thought ok I'll watch it again when I'm home and I still think its crap goal keeping. Put it this way then stay on your line he scores, try come out like he should of and he might of done enough to put him off. 

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=kasper schmeichel&view=detail&mmscn=vwll&mid=1626B8A1DB95617309971626B8A1DB9561730997&FORM=VRRTAP

Kaspers Best Saves

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Robert Zeiler&view=detail&mmscn=vwll&mid=02A189C665E695D784F702A189C665E695D784F7&FORM=VRRTAP

Rons Best Saves

Communication is the biggest part of being a Keeper

As a shot stopper both are about the same

Ron's new,  Kaspers played with the Muppets longer and speaks their language.

He's

giphy.gif

Just now, Chico1958 said:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=kasper schmeichel&view=detail&mmscn=vwll&mid=1626B8A1DB95617309971626B8A1DB9561730997&FORM=VRRTAP

Kaspers Best Saves

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Robert Zeiler&view=detail&mmscn=vwll&mid=02A189C665E695D784F702A189C665E695D784F7&FORM=VRRTAP

Rons Best Saves

He's

giphy.gif

2 of them speak German and Ron grew up in England so speaks English fluently, communication is an issue but its not a language barrier

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Just watch it again. I was bang inline with it then I thought ok I'll watch it again when I'm home and I still think its crap goal keeping. Put it this way then stay on your line he scores, try come out like he should of and he might of done enough to put him off. 

go back and watch Liverpool's fourth when Kasper came racing out when he had no chance of actually getting there to see how effective that is...

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

go back and watch Liverpool's fourth when Kasper came racing out when he had no chance of actually getting there to see how effective that is...

Watch the amount of times Kasper has came racing out and saved us. Arsenal away & Man United away last season instantly spring to mind.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I agree with you there it wasn't good but he didn't have much choice. Look at the saves that Kasper made in the 3 games before injury that won us points then look at what ziler has done which is nothing! 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

2 of them speak German and Ron grew up in England so speaks English fluently, communication is an issue but its not a language barrier

Sorry, I did say communication not language.

The point was Kasper has played with our back four four two years Ron's had matches not years

I think we have two decent keepers but one has the advantage of knowing the back fours weaknesses.

So he sometimes plays a sweeper role. That's all

The Muppet bit was meant as a bit of humour  :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Watch the amount of times Kasper has came racing out and saved us. Arsenal away & Man United away last season instantly spring to mind.

you miss the point I'm making mate, Zieler didn't have a chance of getting to the ball ahead of Phillips so why come racing out of goal and make it easier for him? If you know you can't be first to the ball you are taught to wait then close down as he enters the box and make him make the decision, come racing out and miss he has a walk in

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Let's hear them then. I'm sure they'll be ridiculously pedantic to try and prove your point. If you want to be pedantic lets question the position of Zieler. Don't leave the gap at the near post... And if you want to say that the opposition player nearest Simpson could've got there please remember the pace the lad was running at. 

Pedantic or not - options are options.

a) Izquierdo could try and catch Zieler on his wrong foot and slot it into the far left corner - an equally adventurous angle

b) Izquierdo could stop his move with a step back and cross it into Vossen's path

c) Izquierdo could cross it across the goal area to the other Bruges player on the far left - with the right bend, not that much of an issue

My point is, all of these scenarios are just as outrageous as Izquierdo's goal on its own.

4 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Yes because that's all he's done isn't it.

Idiot.

Great to hear people giving our backup keeper just as much time, confidence and patience as our No. 1 who has been with the club for five years.

I wonder what your reaction was when Schmeichel was sent off at Forest away in August 2011. 

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Great to hear people giving our backup keeper just as much time, confidence and patience as our No. 1 who has been with the club for five years.

I wonder what your reaction was when Schmeichel was sent off at Forest away in August 2011. 

I thought the referee was a cvnt and was bloody awful. 

I was right as we've all seen since Jon Moss is a disgrace of a referee. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

he's in the right position the only shot that can beat him there is the 1 that did and its also the hardest to pull off with the power and accuracy needed, Kasper wouldn't have saved it either, he said so himself on BT

I don't know why you keep saying that. He's not exactly going to turn around and say he would've saved it/criticise a (new) team mate is he.

Still disappointing for me to concede from there.

Just now, Fox92 said:

I don't know why you keep saying that. He's not exactly going to turn around and say he would've saved it/criticise a (new) team mate is he.

he wouldn't have to all he would have to say is "Ron will be disappointed with that one" he didn't

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Forget everything then but these two things he should never have got beaten at the near post on Wednesday and could of easily come out and got that Drinkwater back pass against West Brom that was shocking keeping at any level, our Sunday league keeper would of come out for that.

You're right, he really should have tried to save it on Tuesday.

FFS, some of you guys are ridiculous - nobody who knows what they are talking about thinks he should have saved it, why on earth do you think they're all wrong?

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Jimmy used to be a goalkeeper so he knows these things. 

4 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Forget everything then but these two things he should never have got beaten at the near post on Wednesday and could of easily come out and got that Drinkwater back pass against West Brom that was shocking keeping at any level, our Sunday league keeper would of come out for that.

3 hours ago, dannythefox said:

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Is your keeper a world class 100m sprinter then?

The pass was made near the half way line. How the **** are you trying to blame Zieler for that? It's Drinkwaters error and that's it. 

image.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Jimmy used to be a goalkeeper so he knows these things. 

be as sarcastic as you like but I went of courses took by professional coaches when I played, so I'm telling you what the pros get taught

When we signed Zieler I did the old Youtube look up and had a read around and this world cup keeper was one of the better keepers in Germany last season. His side though got relegated which was a bit of a worry but that doesnt always tell the whole story. Look at the lad at Sunderland who is having a stormer this season as an example. Anyway I was pretty confident we had a strong keeper, one that would probably play all cups and one to give us stronger back up than Hamer and Schwartzer.

Moving on a few months and all I can say is he has had quite a few chances to show us what he can do and he is a 6/10 performer. He wont make loads of clangers ala David James or Robert Green, he isnt as good as commanding his area as I had hoped and organising things as that debacle at Man Utd showed and whilst he wont make clangers he misses the odd save like this week v Club Brugge. He has made a two or three exceptional saves but I have seen non league keepers make worldies in the FA Cup.

He is a slight step up from last seasons back-up GKs but nowhere near Kaspers level. It was a valid belief that we would have a ready made replacement for Kapser if banned, injured or even sold but so far, Im not confident when he starts.  

3 hours ago, Chico1958 said:

Kaspers Best Saves

Rons Best Saves

He's

giphy.gif

From the games I've seen, schmeichel is the better keeper by a good distance. That includes shot stopping.

Zieler had two shots to save against Brugge. The first one he made look far better than it needed to be for the cameras, the second he was embarrassed at his near post. I'm one of the few who dare come out and say he's closer to ben hamer than kasper. 

Archived