Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

Unbelievable that at the beginning of the season some were saying that Zieler should replace Kasper.

I've said it before and I'll say it again that Kasper is one of the top few keepers in the Premier League.

There is no comparison,  Kasper is our undisputed number 1.

Zieler isn't a bad keeper- I think our defence benefits massively from confidence and continuity. Add in a bit of unfamiliarity (i.e. change the keeper), and it seems to disrupt the whole system massively.

Doesn't help that Kasper has been almost world-class for the last year, and that's who we're comparing him with.

5 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Unbelievable that at the beginning of the season some were saying that Zieler should replace Kasper.

Not wholly surprising as that was in preseason. IMO they had comparable performances in the preseason matches, with Zieler possibly edging it. Kasper was off form during preseason. Of course we know something now that we didn't know then, that Kasper was playing in pain with a hernia. Everyone will agree Kasper's since picked up form and become absolutely excellent and clearly currently much better than Zieler. Doesn't mean he was better in preseason when those comments were made.

Zieler was shaky on Sunday and was just so slow to come out. He doesn't fill me with confidence.

Although give him credit he got his fingers to a shot early on which could've put them 1-0 up. 

Zieler is a very good back up to Kasper who will stay Nr. 1 without any possible doubt. I also think that he made a very solid impression every time he played. The shaky bit is simply due to lack of games played.

On Sunday, November 06, 2016 at 20:41, bigDfox33 said:

Zeiler is pants

Im not confident 1in him one bit

He made a few mistakes today and looked incompetent, he should of came out to clear that ball I know kasper would have!

How many mistakes did your favourite players make....Its a stupid style of argument, and leans towards incompetent conjecture.

Thst goes forcevery single post in this topic. Analysing is about using real facts and not individual thoughts or feelings.

It Creates  negative non substanciated platforms, that turns childish immature fiction into unqualified fact.

And it turns and churns, and turns again.

This forum (not me) did the same with Schmeichel.There are some , who cant go through life without hunting down some

nonsensical points, to make up and prove their dislike to some Individual players.

Then a new face comes and the circle turns and turns...This forum builds many of the points within on fiction.

Then the posters attack journos, for doing the same thing..!!

Must be so hard as a keeper to come in for the odd game now and then in an underperforming side with no confidence, especially with our defence playing the way it is at the moment- so I'm not going to read too much into Sunday's performance. Having said that, just me that thinks he should've come off his line far quicker for Phillips goal?

Zieler is a good understudy to Kasper, but Kasper is THE man. 

So so far both keepers have been let down by shoddy defending and powder puff midfield, despite Drinkies best efforts. 

Zieler is also getting to know the team still. It takes time for understanding to build and with that confidence. 

As Champions we look almost devoid of confidence. 

zeiler needs to have a good game where he is shown making some good saves and dominating his penalty box. he is going to get a good run of games so needs to produce some form and show he can distribute the ball well and be able to anticipate the danger.the game time should give him confidence and hopefully he will not become complacent

On top of my head only Arsenal and Chelsea have better back up keepers than us (Ospina and Begovic). Liverpool barely have 1 decent keeper between their three goalies.

Zieler would start for at least 50% of the teams in this league and people here calling him awful lol

I really really don't rate Zieler. Kasper has his faults but Zieler's distribution is so slow and wayward. The amount of times the defence look like they need some communication from zieler and don't get it is evident. Arguably shouldn't have conceded that goal either at that angle. 

Archived