Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

Zieler is a bit of a funny one. He isnt a massive mistake maker like that Liverpool lad Karius but he strangely also doesnt get to shots that top keepers may get to. I say strangely because the goals he concedes dont seem like mistakes but almost feel like he simply isnt good enough to get there. Its almost like getting a lower league GK that has limitations. Its crazy to say as a Bundesliga regular and a World Cup winner but thats how i see him so far,

34 minutes ago, crazyleicester said:

Zieler is a bit of a funny one. He isnt a massive mistake maker like that Liverpool lad Karius but he strangely also doesnt get to shots that top keepers may get to. I say strangely because the goals he concedes dont seem like mistakes but almost feel like he simply isnt good enough to get there. Its almost like getting a lower league GK that has limitations. Its crazy to say as a Bundesliga regular and a World Cup winner but thats how i see him so far,

Can we please drop the World Cup winner label for Zieler? lol

He won a tournament medal without playing a single match for his country.

Crazy talk.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Can we please drop the World Cup winner label for Zieler? lol

He won a tournament medal without playing a single match for his country.

Crazy talk.

Leave the lad alone. He has the medal. He also has some lovely stats as a Germany GK like being sent off once in his six games and conceding 3 goals within about 20 mins. He has been sensational for them lol

• 2 weeks later...

Schmeichel is obviously better than Zieler lol but people here act like Zieler should be playing for Leyton Orient. 

We got 99 problems but the goal keeper situation is not one. Aim your criticism elsewhere where it's needed 

Zeiler isn't a bad keeper as I don't think any of the goals he ahs conceeded bar one or two have been his fault. However when Schmeichel made that save with his foot from 6 yards out at the start of the game, Thats the difference right there between the two.

Also loved to see how much he was comunicating, telling the defence to be compact and concentrate. Best part was when he was calming everyone down at half time, even Ranieri had to be walked away by Schmeichel. Future manager material?

Kasper was brilliant today, we missed his leadership on the field. He was the one that had to get Ranieri to calm down!!! Can totally see a management duo of Kasper / Wes coaching the team in 10 years time!

Zieler is decent / good keeper. Kasper I think is one of the best we've ever had in the modern era. He is vocal, commands his box and is a great shot stopper. He loves the club and always comes over to the fans at the end. Yeah his kicking is sometimes terrible but I will forgive that!

I also think that people underestimate the personality of Kasper. He had a very unusual upbringing in that due to his father's success he would never have to worry financially. But for him he had something equally daunting - living up to his father who is probably the greatest goalkeeper of all time. It would be so easy to throw in the towel, or do something else. But after failing at Man City, he went on loan to many places including Notts County in league two and worked his way back up. In winning the title he stepped out of his father's shadow and became a legend in his own right. To make it on his own and not because he was the son of someone famous. This is the thing that I respect about him the most and I think it's characters like him and Wes Morgan who are the voices of the players that goes unnoticed. Technically Leicester only really have gem - Riyad Mahrez. But mentally we have some of the most formidable personalities in the league, and Kasper is one of them. And that's the thing that separates Zieler from Kasper for me!

1 hour ago, BigWesMorgan said:

Anyone that compares Zieler to Schmeichel is clueless. WORLD CLASS.

100% agree.....said it before some fans don't realise how good Kasper is.....he is up with the very best in the world.

organises, leads, very professional......our most important player as his relationship with the defence is so important.

i disagree with most on here ....Zieler is crap back up...not good enough imo

Schmeichel is one of the last few, if not the last reminding puzzle piece of the Eriksson era and has spent his entire adult life in English football, getting accustomed to it as early as the age of 16.

It was obvious from a rather early stage onwards (and given the results he accomplished wherever he went out on loan whilst at Manchester City) that he could become as talented as his father.

I still wonder whether Zieler's fiercest critics are as patient with him as they were with Schmeichel at the beginning of the 2011/2012 season?

Archived