Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

11 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Is your keeper a world class 100m sprinter then?

The pass was made near the half way line. How the **** are you trying to blame Zieler for that? It's Drinkwaters error and that's it. 

image.jpeg

End of the day Zieler shouldn't be playing first team football in the premier league because he's simply not ready. You can think what you like.

4 hours ago, dannythefox said:

End of the day Zieler shouldn't be playing first team football in the premier league because he's simply not ready. You can think what you like.

How can he be, as you put it, ready?

Are you saying we should have Ben Hamer in goal for us at the moment then?

RRZ isn't a poor keeper, he doesn't look like he's going to screw up but he should have stopped the Brugge goal on Tuesday.

He doesn't seem to be dominating his area and calling the shots to the defence like Kasper does.

1 hour ago, Livid said:

RRZ isn't a poor keeper, he doesn't look like he's going to screw up but he should have stopped the Brugge goal on Tuesday.

He doesn't seem to be dominating his area and calling the shots to the defence like Kasper does.

I'll admit I'd rather have Kasper in goal ...    but then he is the number one choice and has developed a fantastic understanding with his fellow band of brothers ....    and he keeps his defence on their toes ...  but ..   I'm not sure that RRZ should have stopped that shot.   OK it was at the near post but I think their player just smacked it as hard as he could and it flew into the one place that RRZ didn't expect it.    He's a good back up keeper and thats all we can ask.   We have too many other issues throughout the team at the moment to be worrying too much about him.

Absolute nonsense to say Zieler should have saved the Brugge goal and if you are you've clearly never played in goal in a full-size goal. Even saying he could have saved it is harsh (although admittedly true, it was physically possible to save it). 

Sometimes you just have to say fair cop and applaud the finish. Its a great goal. Given how wide he'd come from and the heavy touch, Zieler who also had to anticipate a cross, had the angle sufficiently narrowed so that that placement at that power was pretty much the only way of scoring from there, and that's exactly what the bloke did.

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Absolute nonsense to say Zieler should have saved the Brugge goal and if you are you've clearly never played in goal in a full-size goal. Even saying he could have saved it is harsh (although admittedly true, it was physically possible to save it). 

Sometimes you just have to say fair cop and applaud the finish. Its a great goal. Given how wide he'd come from and the heavy touch, Zieler who also had to anticipate a cross, had the angle sufficiently narrowed so that that placement at that power was pretty much the only way of scoring from there, and that's exactly what the bloke did.

Indeed, absolute rocket and right in the top corner to boot.

Beggars belief some people on here. I'd like to say it's hard picking the most embarrassing "he should of saved that" comment but Captain Pancake face still got that by a mile with the Cesar Azpilicueta goal. 

7 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Am I the only one that don't get this comment?

Out field players need to be physically fit more so than a keeper. So I can understand out field players not being ready. But a keeper is either good enough or not.

7 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Quite the well argumented reply.

I think he should have saved it but was clearly caught by surprise. Almost looked like he thought it was going wide too. 

Actually rhought his shot passing is better than Kasper, often tried to find Fuchs or a centre back rather than booting upfield. Problem is the centre backs generally do that anyway so pointless passing to them. 

Kasper is better, but then 2nd keepers are generally not as good as the first choice one.

3 hours ago, sylofox said:

Am I the only one that don't get this comment?

Out field players need to be physically fit more so than a keeper. So I can understand out field players not being ready. But a keeper is either good enough or not.

Meaning he's still young and maybe he should of played a season in the championship to get his confidence up. It must be hard for him to organise the back four when the lads probably don't respect him like they do kasper. It takes a long time for the players in front of him to trust him. 

5 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Meaning he's still young and maybe he should of played a season in the championship to get his confidence up. It must be hard for him to organise the back four when the lads probably don't respect him like they do kasper. It takes a long time for the players in front of him to trust him. 

He's 3years younger than Kasper and has a world cup winners medal. He's also played with some of our lads at old Trafford. If he's not ready now he never will be.

10 minutes ago, sylofox said:

He's 3years younger than Kasper and has a world cup winners medal. He's also played with some of our lads at old Trafford. If he's not ready now he never will be.

For some reason I thought he was younger than that, that makes it even worse then he probably won't get any better. 

12 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He looks tidy enough between the sticks. He is however not remotely as vocal as Kasper and you can see some communication breakdowns occuring with the defence. He needs to be more assertive and organise them 

yes but that comes with games played with the defence

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

You know Zieler is going to play a blinder tomorrow. 2 penalty saves and a MOTM performance

Then concedes a goal from an impossible shot deflecting off Morgan's arse, and everyone screams for Schwarzer or Logan to come back.

22 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

You know Zieler is going to play a blinder tomorrow. 2 penalty saves and a MOTM performance

Hamer had 3 clean sheets in 8 matches for us in the Premier League.  How many has Zieler had? 

Zieler's communication and kicking are poor too. 

Kicking is pathetic. One of these days it will deflect of an opposition player. Defence have no confidence in him. Doesn't move off his line.

When Hamer played he kept clean sheets, he looked like a capable replacement and made one mistake. I'd swap it and play Hamer next week.

Archived