Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brucey

Schmeichel vs Zieler

3 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

Reminds me of Claudio Bravo, decent with his feet, crap with his hands and decision making. The defence don't help him at times though.

Crap with his hands?! what makes you say that?

The amount of people slating him on here and around where i sit is unbelivable!

The goal last night was a beast no not many save that / not many strikers hit the ball that well from that angle. It was just a good goal. The defense not having confidence in him i dont see persoanlyl they were giving him all sorts of back passes to deal with and he delt with them all fine.

It must be difficult for the defense not having kasper behind them but they will adapt to RRZ.

Just now, goose2010 said:

Crap with his hands?! what makes you say that?

The amount of people slating him on here and around where i sit is unbelivable!

The goal last night was a beast no not many save that / not many strikers hit the ball that well from that angle. It was just a good goal. The defense not having confidence in him i dont see persoanlyl they were giving him all sorts of back passes to deal with and he delt with them all fine.

It must be difficult for the defense not having kasper behind them but they will adapt to RRZ.

Ron-Robert is that you?

2 hours ago, brucey said:

didn't Kasper also say something about Zieler saving 9 out of 10 of those shots in training though?

So does every other half decent goal keeper in the world at any give time. Sh*t happens. If you want to see a proper howler please watch Kevin Pressman against Preston Northern End.

Just now, goose2010 said:

Just a realist that remebers who we are and that our BACK UP keeper isnt Buffon, De Gea or Loris.

I don't doubt that we're not a 'big' club and I wouldn't expect us to have a keeper of the calibre you've mentioned sitting on the bench. I would however like a competent goalkeeper who inspires confidence in the defence, communicates effectively and can make a decent fist of keeping the ball out of the net every so often. Zieler has shown that he is none of those so far.

2 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

I don't doubt that we're not a 'big' club and I wouldn't expect us to have a keeper of the calibre you've mentioned sitting on the bench. I would however like a competent goalkeeper who inspires confidence in the defence, communicates effectively and can make a decent fist of keeping the ball out of the net every so often. Zieler has shown that he is none of those so far.

Bit over the top isnt it?! and a bit harsh. He has made some decent saves, his distribution is more than adequte and i cant see where this he doesnt communicate with his defensive and the defence have no confidence in him comes from?

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Bit over the top isnt it?! and a bit harsh. He has made some decent saves, his distribution is more than adequte and i cant see where this he doesnt communicate with his defensive and the defence have no confidence in him comes from?

You can visibly see Schmeichel talking and organising the back line and as a result we've conceded less in addition to him generally being a better shot stopper. Zieler almost waits for something to happen, you could see when the pressure mounted last night the defence looked visibly shaky and that's where a goalkeeper like Schmeichel is worth his position. I see no evidence of that from Zieler thus far.

I also get annoyed at the "fans" moaning about Zieler.

Yes Schmeichel has had a good season so far and good before that. Just remember he has been at the club about 5 years and knows most of the players inside out. Zieler joined 4 months ago and has played very little matches.

Look back at every game we have played with Zieler, in particular the goals, and you will see he has done little wrong. Unless by wrong you mean that he has not played out of his skin and helped cover up defensive/midfield frailties.

He is second to Schmeichel at the minute but a very good backup. Last season it was Schwarzer or Hamer. Not putting the other two down but I know who I would rather have.

Some whopper comments in here. The careless loss of possession by Okazaki and Fuchs near the half way line, gave their quickest player a counter attack against Huth, he breezed past him and smashed the ball as hard as he could and thunderbolts into the roof of the net.

How is that the keepers fault again?

He did nothing wrong yesterday and still gets slated. His distribution was top drawer...again. He creates counter attacks by having a much better knowledge of when to go short and long than Kasper. Yes there is less understanding between the back 4 and Zieler because he's not the regular first choice keeper. They have barely played together! If they continue to play together the understanding will develop. It's the same when any new keeper plays in a new team. Much like when De Gea went to United and there were teething problems with him and his defence. 

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It would have been a marvellous save.

Just because it was his near post it doesn't automatically make it a big goalkeeping error.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Profession goalkeeper and our first choice said himself that he had no chance, a shot hit that fast and accurate is nearly impossible to save

Tbf I haven't watched it back but from where I sit my initial thoughts was he could have done much better.

That aside, I'm still not convinced though. 

45 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I think some of our fans are actually very bad goalkeepers.

I think some never played football. There is no way you can stop that shot unless you're superman.

Zieler is getting one of the most unfair flak I've ever read. People will soon make him responsible for all the wars in the world.

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

I think some never played football. There is no way you can stop that shot unless you're superman.

Zieler is getting one of the most unfair flak I've ever read. People will soon make him responsible for all the wars in the world.

it reminds me of the flak Ricardo got, at least its just on forums this time not in the stands during games

Archived