Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I assume Chelsea are also signing Man Vs Food's Adam Richman who was also staying in that hotel yesterday then?..... Christ!

It's a sodding beautiful hotel with a helipad, which whilst well known for being where Chelsea put their new players/managers whilst they find a home, is also frequently used by our owners & players.

I did enjoy the bit where we thought the 5'7 guy was slimani though :) 

lol

The 5'7 Slimani who is taller than the 5'10 Mahrez?

I may well not be him. But given that the person in that photo has the same build, is spotted with Mahrez (Slimani's good friend) and has reportedly refused to train with Sporting, it's a good assumption to make.

The man who is supposedly Mahrez's agent is seen having lunch (or whatever) with the manager of Chelsea at the same hotel that Mahrez is staying at is a cause for slight concern in my eyes. I'd have put it into the Mahrez - Arsenal thread but it's locked.

1 hour ago, SB87_LCFC said:

The guy behind Mahrez is Slimani, have on good authority from Portugal that Slimani is in England for talks with us

I have it on good authority from Romania that this is opportunistic bollocks. 

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol

The 5'7 Slimani who is taller than the 5'10 Mahrez?

I may well not be him. But given that the person in that photo has the same build, is spotted with Mahrez (Slimani's good friend) and has reportedly refused to train with Sporting, it's a good assumption to make.

The man who is supposedly Mahrez's agent is seen having lunch (or whatever) with the manager of Chelsea at the same hotel that Mahrez is staying at is a cause for slight concern in my eyes. I'd have put it into the Mahrez - Arsenal thread but it's locked.

I wasn't having a go at you mate! Just didn't think it was Slimani, i'd be bloody delighted if it was! Although an unwanted curveball would be that Mahrez was there helping his friend out with a transfer to Chelsea lol 

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He needs to make a decision because his half-hearted performances recently have been annoying to watch. Either stay or leave. Just hope we get a better fee if he does go somewhere.

He has had those performances every other week since he arrived !! 

Its just his occasional flashes of brilliance in games are world class and lead to goals 

he ain't going anywhere and any people abusing him around me next season will get a pretty loud blast in the ear to shut up ! 

We we are a right fickle bunch of cvnts at times 

2 hours ago, bpfox said:

i said this on here a couple of weeks ago, sit him down and either get him to commit ur piss him off and buy a player who wants to be here , really sick of all the drama.

You need to distinguish between what it is that you are sick of and Mahrez's actions. Is it the case that what you are really sick off is the utter garbage that some people seem to take as news that comes from reading social media from non reputable sources? 

Mahrez doesn't appear to have done anything at all. If he was having a secret meeting do you think he would agree to have his photo taken? If it wasn't secret, do you think the chairman would have posted what he did last week? Even the original source admits that he "Met a guy claiming to be his agent who said Chelsea want Mahrez". No photo of the agent and Mahrez. No photo of the agent and Conte. No photo of the agent, Mahrez and Conte and yet all were willing to pose with the guy for a photo individually.

30 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

I checked into the same hotel as APOEL Nicosia a couple of years back, no one linked me with a transfer?)

I was staying at the same Seoul hotel as Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors earlier this year. Coincidence? Lump on!

28 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Its just his occasional flashes of brilliance in games are world class and lead to goals 

he ain't going anywhere and any people abusing him around me next season will get a pretty loud blast in the ear to shut up ! 

Agreed. I think it's up to the coaches to try and get more out of him at the moment. I mean, it has to be said that he was very poor yesterday.

I think the problem is the expectation that's on him. Every time he gets the ball he is trying to do something special. Claudio and the coaches need to get into him and make sure that he realises that he needs to just be passing the ball when there's nothing on - which is the majority of the time. At the moment, he's just constantly running himself into trouble and losing the ball...

Don't know why anyone would play half hearted under any circumstances. When I could play, before my accident, I'd often play in the morning on a Saturday and then for one of the local teams in the afternoon. Nobody paid me. I played for the love of it. 

Even if if he does want a move he should play all out. And I agree with many on here. He needs to get his head sorted, make a decision and crack on. 

10 minutes ago, Fox Ulike said:

Agreed. I think it's up to the coaches to try and get more out of him at the moment. I mean, it has to be said that he was very poor yesterday.

I think the problem is the expectation that's on him. Every time he gets the ball he is trying to do something special. Claudio and the coaches need to get into him and make sure that he realises that he needs to just be passing the ball when there's nothing on - which is the majority of the time. At the moment, he's just constantly running himself into trouble and losing the ball...

Fair point ! And totally agree ! 

Ronaldo when he was at United did it all the time Then he improved a lot once he realised he needed to find an end product 

I think Mahrez still thinks the end product has to be a goal ...his goal 

I love him , he frustrates the hell out of me but he genuinely is a player when he gets the ball you are off your seat seeing what he might do 

he was crap at Watford last year , dire ! And won us the game ! 

We need to show him more love , he needs to hear the whole stadium rock to his name , he is a confidence player and it's the coaches and our job to give him confidence 

When 30,000 groans grow louder and louder confidence is sucked from a player , and he will then be off ! 

Just now, GaelicFox said:

Fair point ! And totally agree ! 

Ronaldo when he was at United did it all the time Then he improved a lot once he realised he needed to find an end product 

I think Mahrez still thinks the end product has to be a goal ...his goal 

I love him , he frustrates the hell out of me but he genuinely is a player when he gets the ball you are off your seat seeing what he might do 

he was crap at Watford last year , dire ! And won us the game ! 

We need to show him more love , he needs to hear the whole stadium rock to his name , he is a confidence player and it's the coaches and our job to give him confidence 

When 30,000 groans grow louder and louder confidence is sucked from a player , and he will then be off ! 

How can you say that Mahrez needs to find end product?

He scored + assisted something like 30 goals last season. Far more than anybody else.

Mahrez's problem is, dare I say it, an attitude problem. You can tell within about 10 minutes whether he's going to be any good or not. When he's up for it, he'll run you ragged. When he's tackled early on he'll sulk and be quiet. That's the nature of the beast and the price you pay for his magnificence.

That's what I was getting at. It really does appear to be an attitude problem. Needs to realise that 'playing' football for a living is a privilege open to very few despite the millions who play everyday. 

Everytime you go out on the pitch could be your last. You should play like it as life can have many cruel twists. 

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

How can you say that Mahrez needs to find end product?

He scored + assisted something like 30 goals last season. Far more than anybody else.

Mahrez's problem is, dare I say it, an attitude problem. You can tell within about 10 minutes whether he's going to be any good or not. When he's up for it, he'll run you ragged. When he's tackled early on he'll sulk and be quiet. That's the nature of the beast and the price you pay for his magnificence.

Yes the statistics suggest one thing the reality as we saw on Sunday and numerous times last year is very different 

I genuinely don't think it's attitude , I think it's confidence and trying way too hard to be "the man" 

he isn't sulking or half trying , he is trying too bloody hard to be superman and win the game all the time , it's slightly selfish and maybe born out of insecurities he still harbours , I suspect  he is a very complex person off the field and emotionally quite needy , and until he matures out of that phase in his career we need to nurture him and support him , the big clubs won't be his family , we need to give him that. 

and knobs moaning and groaning at him ain't going to improve things , the coaches need to get a hold of him and get him to weave the magic more often but with a focus of making the the transition from defence to attack more effective than we saw on Sunday. 

the cut back is going to soon be irrelevant for him because he is getting double marked now out wide , coaches need to step up. 

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

On Sunday he didn't look interested though. Even when he didn't receive the ball it was arms out in the air. In certain games we can't afford to carry - especially away from home. We have a great talent in Gray and can't afford to risk him for a player that's not 100% in it. It's not hard to go and tell the manager what he's feeling, Raneiri wouldn't stop him either way.

As for fickle bunch - well, every football fan is fickle. People seem to think it's just us when it's not.

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

That's what I was getting at. It really does appear to be an attitude problem. Needs to realise that 'playing' football for a living is a privilege open to very few despite the millions who play everyday. 

Everytime you go out on the pitch could be your last. You should play like it as life can have many cruel twists. 

Jesus he get that man ...he never gave up on his dream and has worked very very hard , Christ there is no way he is taking this for granted 

the lad wants to be a superstar , by all accounts he is an amazing trainer and works very very hard , the improvement in him since he arrived is testimony to that ! 

He he isn't a Ronaldo or Messi but he at his best he is isn't a million miles away , but he hasn't anywhere near the natural tallent of a Messi or physical power of a Ronaldo , what this scrawny skiny kid from an immigrant housing project in the wastelands of outer Paris has achieved is nothing short of miraculous 

he is trying too hard ! He is trying to impress way too hard ! The coaches will sort it , we will chant and make him feel loved and he will once again rock and roll ! 

Archived