Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

Mahrez - Chelsea/Arsenal

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

For the sake of argument, if Chelsea put in a bid and Mahrez wanted to go, at what price would you not be devastated if it went ahead? £60m? £70m?

I don't think Chelsea need Mahrez, to begin with. Don't get me wrong, he's a fine player and had a phenomemal 2015/16 season, but we've got too many attacking midfielders as it is and need to address other areas, like aging backline. As for the fee, in today's overinflated market, I think you can easily expect someting like 50-60m for someone like Mahrez.

11 minutes ago, bobrivers said:

Chelsea fan here. I personally think there's nothing to this rumour and the player is staying put. But out of curiousity, if Mahrez were to leave what do you think would be the fair price for him in the current market?

You got an excellent deal on Kante due to the clause in his contract, so you might have to pay 'over the odds' to get Mahrez. £68m + making it up to a round number for the pair

10 minutes ago, bobrivers said:

Chelsea fan here. I personally think there's nothing to this rumour and the player is staying put. But out of curiousity, if Mahrez were to leave what do you think would be the fair price for him in the current market?

Considering sterling was worth £49m last season, and taking into account hazards valuations after winning the PFA award I think £60m, give or take.

Chelsea will play 3-5-2 next season and they already have too many attacking midfielders. That's why Conte wants another striker as he's going 2 up top. He's bought Kante in so that Hazard can pretty much have a free role. They won't play with wingers though very often.

I think on his day Mahlez is the best player in the league but last few games does not seam interested I hope he's waiting for start of season  but I think he is doing his self no favers checking into Chelsea hotels with  all these rumours are going on  anyway why  he not at training today 

3 minutes ago, pete1477 said:

I think on his day Mahlez is the best player in the league but last few games does not seam interested I hope he's waiting for start of season  but I think he is doing his self no favers checking into Chelsea hotels with  all these rumours are going on  anyway why  he not at training today 

Most of the team stayed in London on Sunday night and were pictured leaving restaurants and clubs in west London. Maybe they all stayed at the same hotel?

I'd say £50 at the very least. Is Stones is worth that then Mahrez has to be worth more? It's similar to Kante now, there's nothing but stories about him moving away, inwouldnt be surprised if he was a Chelsea player by the end of the window. 

1 minute ago, Callabinho said:

I'd say £50 at the very least. Is Stones is worth that then Mahrez has to be worth more? It's similar to Kante now, there's nothing but stories about him moving away, inwouldnt be surprised if he was a Chelsea player by the end of the window. 

lol

say wut?

6 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

2+2=:frantics:

In all seriousness though, Mahrez has to start on Saturday now. There were calls for him to be rested so he can get his head right, but doing that will now just intensify the rumours. We will see.

I would rather focus on the result rather than bother about the rumours. If he isn't on form and cant offer what somebody on the bench will be thriving to do, why start him?

2 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Good article from the merc for once. The thing I don't really get is if he has said he is happy to stay, why hasn't he signed a new contract? No way he wants to stay on 35k a week whatever happens 

4 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Good article from the merc for once. The thing I don't really get is if he has said he is happy to stay, why hasn't he signed a new contract? No way he wants to stay on 35k a week whatever happens 

Kind of answered your own question there...

11 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Presumably he believes he's worth more than whatever we've offered him in the new contract that he refuses to sign.

It needs Claudio to tell him his isn't going anywhere and has two options, stick with the contract he has and have no wage increase, or,  take the wage increase within the same contract. If it upsets him tough sh1t!!

38 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Why didn't Kasper sign until a few days ago? Because the agent is trying to negotiate a new deal...I also think having a headline about some big club being interested every day is kinda nice. The instant Mahrez signs, the instant he is out of the papers. His agent wants him in the papers.

1 hour ago, UPinCarolina said:

I'd let him go for £50 million...he's at least worth what Eden Hazard is.

If we wisely reinvest that £50 million, it will go a long, long way. 

We're all sick of this saga, probably no one more than Mahrez himself.

Exactly what saga ?

the London press created saga 

the press that had us relegated and Crystal Palace to champions league ? 

the  press that had Vardy to Arsenal 

the press that couldn't wait for us to fall away last year 

there is NO saga ! The player and owner are laughing about it all , and the manager has said he is going no where 

get a grip ! 

he is staying and 50m we don't need 50m 

we need the 2015/16 player of the year to be on fire 

we need the fans to get off his fcuking back and Chant his name till the foundations shake 

we need to get the transfer window shut and then normality can return and those section of the forum can shut till January 

saga 

old people on holiday ! 

Archived