Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Arsenal Pre-Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

What made you think I wasn't intending on doing that? Just giving my honest assessment and prediction. That's the point of this place.

Dan, like I said to Fox 92 I did not name or quote you so the same applies ........If the cap fits! 

My post was about, in my opinion, kneejerk overreaction and overt unfair negativity.

Each to their own you are welcome your opinion and pessimism,  that is firmly your choice.....enjoy!

Guest CityFan 06

Really looking forward to being back at Filbert Way again. New seats - first home game of the season - outstanding pitch - new concourse work - atmosphere - pre match build up, the lineups and of course all the rest whatever it may be. 

I went to the ground today and can't help but like it's appearence, those blue panels really make the difference for me.

4 hours ago, Captain... said:

Surely friendlies against Celtic, PSG and Barcelona are better preparation for the Champions League and we will be fully match fit by the time the Champions League starts. As much as the ICC was a money spinner it was also important preparation for travelling preparing for a game in a foreign country and playing against teams from different leagues and different styles in different conditions.

So you do a couple of friendlies at werder Bremen and lille or similar, rather than flying Glasgow to L.A. to Stockholm in 10 days - that's nothing like what we'll face in the champions league 

25 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

I heard they were out or doubtful?

He said that they are travelling but have not played at all as yet so will not commit how much they will be involved on the pitch.  He will want to get them on for some game time but Ozil and Giroud can't play more then a half (and should be off the pace). Kosceilny will play - pretty sure he has to risk him. Given that he lost Ramsey and iwobi for a month last week, suspect wenger will be wary not to take too big a risk. 

Looking forward to the first home game of the new season and the team coming out as CHAMPIONS!

We got beaten twice by these lot last year, and still don't look back up to speed yet. Hopeful that will change tomorrow but I think the key here is that even if we do lose, we must remain calm. Last year was the greatest season in the club's history and may never be matched again. We shouldn't accept a sub-par follow-up season but remember that backing the lads and the manager is a big deal. Our support helped take the team over the line last year so remember we need to sing our hearts out in both the good times and the bad! 

But hopefully we play a nervous Arsenal with an up-for-it crowd and put Wenger under even more pressure! COYB!

23 minutes ago, Livid said:

Clattenberg I believe, always puts in a decent performance.

Always remember the disbelief when he gave Vards that pen against United in the 5-3 game.

We met Clattenberg at Ascot a year back and was chatting to him (really nice guy). There was 4 of us and we hadn't said who we supported, asked him what he thought his worst refereeing decision was to date. He said giving the Vardy pen lol 

45 minutes ago, whitlock said:

Always remember the disbelief when he gave Vards that pen against United in the 5-3 game.

We met Clattenberg at Ascot a year back and was chatting to him (really nice guy). There was 4 of us and we hadn't said who we supported, asked him what he thought his worst refereeing decision was to date. He said giving the Vardy pen lol 

I do quite like Clattenbrg. That will probably change the moment he gives a dodgy decision against us, but he's always seemed alright.

I don't think there was too much wrong with that penalty decision itself, it was the fact that he didn't give the foul on Rafael 2 seconds before which made it a bad one!

17 hours ago, weller54 said:

Sorry.  Don't know what got into me!! 

.a 4-1 defeat looms!! 

Don't say that........

I got accused of being an Arsenal troll for predicting a similiar score!!     Mahrez to Rip them to bits / Vards to kick them in the teeth with 2!

Revenge for that 'victory' when they scored in the 96th minute of a 95 minute game!

17 hours ago, weller54 said:

Sorry.  Don't know what got into me!! 

.a 4-1 defeat looms!! 

Don't say that........

I got accused of being an Arsenal troll for predicting a similiar score!!     Mahrez to Rip them to bits / Vards to kick them in the teeth with 2!

Revenge for that 'victory' when they scored in the 96th minute of a 95 minute game!

Archived