Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Arsenal Pre-Match Thread

We played about five or six friendlies last year with access to our facilities and battered Sunderland and West Ham who didn't have much of a pre-season. I would have hoped that Ranieri would have put his foot down and said to the owners I've given you Champions League so you give me a proper preparation for it. Now it looks like our first five games could be a write off.

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

We played about five or six friendlies last year with access to our facilities and battered Sunderland and West Ham who didn't have much of a pre-season. I would have hoped that Ranieri would have put his foot down and said to the owners I've given you Champions League so you give me a proper preparation for it. Now it looks like our first five games could be a write off.

Surely friendlies against Celtic, PSG and Barcelona are better preparation for the Champions League and we will be fully match fit by the time the Champions League starts. As much as the ICC was a money spinner it was also important preparation for travelling preparing for a game in a foreign country and playing against teams from different leagues and different styles in different conditions.

:cap: I really hope we smash these arrogant southern Bottlers big time they have dined out big time on beating the champions of of England home and away last season and they forget about the 10 point gap between us !! 

head saying 3-1 Leicester Vardy Treble heart says cheeky 1-0 to Leicester 89th min.

24 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Surely friendlies against Celtic, PSG and Barcelona are better preparation for the Champions League and we will be fully match fit by the time the Champions League starts. As much as the ICC was a money spinner it was also important preparation for travelling preparing for a game in a foreign country and playing against teams from different leagues and different styles in different conditions.

Traveled too far for games where we rotated too much. In previous seasons - including last season - players would play 45/90 minutes against five or six opposition, usually a lower league team so it's a sort of "stroll". Instead we travel to far and get battered by top teams where players were in and out. One game Ziegler plays 45 minutes against Celtic, next game Kasper plays the whole game.

It was pointless. Can't wait for next year when we just go away to Northampton and Mansfield.

I cannot believe the negativity, overreaction and doom on here......oh wait it's Foxes Talk :)

Yes we're undercooked and preparations haven't been ideal but come on let's have a reality check, we've played one league game ffs and already the negative vultures are out proudly predicting a home defeat, way to go and be proud of yourselves!

And before I get we're entitled to our opinions, yes you are and so am I, mine is I think those opinions are bollocks and  lol

Cut the lads some slack, it was a momentous last season, a dip after all the ridiculous travelling including Thailand, plus the Champions tag are bound to have some effect surely? And heavy criticism of Claudio. ...really?

How about being positive, invoking a siege mentality,rallying behind the lads and driving them on? 

The negative crap can and does transmit from the stands down to the pitch!

So let's raise the roof and remember we are the reigning Champions of England.

3 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I cannot believe the negativity, overreaction and doom on here......oh wait it's Foxes Talk :)

Yes we're undercooked and preparations haven't been ideal but come on let's have a reality check, we've played one league game ffs and already the negative vultures are out proudly predicting a home defeat, way to go and be proud of yourselves!

And before I get we're entitled to our opinions, yes you are and so am I, mine is I think those opinions are bollocks and  lol

Cut the lads some slack, it was a momentous last season, a dip after all the ridiculous travelling including Thailand, plus the Champions tag are bound to have some effect surely? And heavy criticism of Claudio. ...really?

How about being positive, invoking a siege mentality,rallying behind the lads and driving them on? 

I didn't see anything in 90 minutes at Hull to be encouraged. I didn't even want to clap them off the field. 

And that's the only game I can judge them on, so yeah I'm guessing you're putting me in this negative category. I don't think we've had a good summer at all - in terms of transfers, Walsh leaving and pre season preparation - and Arsenal always seem to get a result against us anyway.

54 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

west ham had played a month of Europa league games before playing us. We were just better

3 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Time will tell, could just be mind games I suppose.

If they're off the pace, yeah you're absolutely right, madness to be 2 weeks into the season and nowhere near ready to compete.

I'd have given him the benefit of the doubt regarding mind games but last week to me proved there is substance to this. How else do you explain such a performance?

I don't want to put this all on Ranieri because he isn't the first manager to criticise such a schedule. Both Mourinho & Guardiola have criticised it in the past. Sadly we're paying the kind of price you pay when you put money and marketing over performance - big no no for a number of reasons in my book, most of all being that this is one of the areas which we had a performance advantage over a lot of our competitors.

The one saving grace is that Arsenal don't look very well prepared either although I don't know how much we can read into that after last week's showing.

Not confident at all unfortunately. Whole thing just feels like a hangover. We're usually very strong starters but I'm not feeling it this time around.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Traveled too far for games where we rotated too much. In previous seasons - including last season - players would play 45/90 minutes against five or six opposition, usually a lower league team so it's a sort of "stroll". Instead we travel to far and get battered by top teams where players were in and out. One game Ziegler plays 45 minutes against Celtic, next game Kasper plays the whole game.

It was pointless. Can't wait for next year when we just go away to Northampton and Mansfield.

How do you know what Is  pointless, you are only a fan (as I am) ...You are not involved in team or club tactics.

Ranieri might not of been happy, but knew from the start he had few games, to try and get every player

involved.There are so many different denominators,and variables that lead upto pre-season then into

the 1st Competitive games.

Fans love to panic, and within that fact spew out presumptions, and opinions based on nothing and unknown

quantities...

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

How do you know what Is  pointless, you are only a fan (as I am) ...You are not involved in team or club tactics.

Ranieri might not of been happy, but knew from the start he had few games, to try and get every player

involved.There are so many different denominators,and variables that lead upto pre-season then into

the 1st Competitive games.

Fans love to panic, and within that fact spew out presumptions, and opinions based on nothing and unknown

quantities...

As I said above, it's based on our summer and then the pathetic Hull performance.

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I didn't see anything in 90 minutes at Hull to be encouraged. I didn't even want to clap them off the field. 

And that's the only game I can judge them on, so yeah I'm guessing you're putting me in this negative category. I don't think we've had a good summer at all - in terms of transfers, Walsh leaving and pre season preparation - and Arsenal always seem to get a result against us anyway.

I didn't quote or mention you personally,  if the cap fits though!

I prefer to be positive and realistic and if you're happy being negative and pessimistic......enjoy!

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

As I said above, it's based on our summer and then the pathetic Hull performance.

No plaudits, or serious competition in pre-season, it doesnt give any inkling of seasons run..

In your own words pointless..

Arsenal were the only team we struggled against last season even with Kante who made 442 work, so I'd definitely change it.

Schmeichel

Hernandez Morgan Huth

Albrighton Drinkwater Mendy Chilwell

Mahrez Vardy Musa

Guest seanfox778

I think Mahrez signing should boost the atmosphere tremendously, I was a bit worried after the Hull game but now I can't wait, the one team I want us to beat more than any other after their antics last season. Whinging, self entitled cry babies. I would love a rout but I'd take any sort of win. Come on City!!! 

Look.... the most important thing is we return to a more direct and fast style.  Early balls in.... wingers running into the box... it doesnt let defences get set.  Mahrez needs to shoot... in utd and hull games he was looking to pass .  I still prefer jeff to gray on the lhs. Grey often passes back... jeff charges on..... at hull the one time grey ran onto the box we got a penalty.

If we do this we will score against arsenal for sure.

We must hope that the return of huff will stabilize the defence...they will be tested but should be upto the job.  We can winnit

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

I'd say only the barca game was any use in terms of getting used to and preparing for travel. We won't spend a week there like we did in LA and Celtic isn't much different to playing Newcastle.

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

What made you think I wasn't intending on doing that? Just giving my honest assessment and prediction. That's the point of this place.

1 hour ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I didn't quote or mention you personally,  if the cap fits though!

I prefer to be positive and realistic and if you're happy being negative and pessimistic......enjoy!

Hull was for sure a mare of a game for many of our players and preseason we lost a few games but I'm with you here. Very positive going into this year. We've had some distractions after the year ended and we're dealing with something completely new to us.......Our best players are wanted players by big named teams but other than one jumping this battleship we have all our players pretty much secured going into the first half of the season. Looks good to me from here on in.

Last season we lost 3 league games all year and even though we weren't losing at the end of last season so many posting on this site were frantic with fear and negativity.......they couldn't even enjoy the run in to us being champions.....just wanted it over. For me it was the best couple of months and feeling ever

Too early to judge this season and players past what we did last season IMO.

Archived