Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

17 hours ago, shen said:

Haven't seen it posted anywhere, but on Monday Daniel Iversen was called up to the Denmark U-21 Euro team. He'll likely be third choice keeper behind Jeppe Højbjerg and Thomas Hagelskjær, but it was a bit of a surprise he got selected at all. If you're interested, I've freely translated a couple of interviews with him, so you won't have to decypher the Google Translate nonsense.

Daniel said the following when he got news of it:

"I am speechless at being selected so apologies for being lost for words. But I am really happy and it will be a great experience.

I found out that I was in the running (for selection) but I was still surprised at the call up to the European Championships. It's huge.

I look forward to being with the squad and experience what it's like to be at a championship finals.

"I haven't been with the U21 national team before and I know I'm not first in the pecking order. Jeppe Højbjerg will play and I am well aware of that.

My role is to learn from Jeppe and the others who have played many games, both in the Superliga and for the national team.

I have to learn on the field and how to deal with a European championship as well as support Jeppe and Thomas Hagelskjær so they are ready for the matches, just like we do at Leicester. Hopefully it'll be me that will play at some point"

"I've been doing really well this season and it feels great to be rewarded with this selection. It shows that the hard work you put in every day pays off. Hopefully I can bring some of the things I've learnt over here to the table." (source:
http://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/overrasket-u21-debutant-det-er-kaempestort/)

In an interview today he also spoke a bit about his plans for next season:

"The plan is for me to hopefully get loaned out this summer so I can get some first team football and some experience as well as allowing the club to see me at the highest level. That's the next step that I expect. We're looking (for a loan club) in England, but which league it'll be I still don't know. Time will tell when we come closer to an agreement."

"All goalkeepers can't play so it's very normal with loans. There is only the first team and the U23s and all the others have to sit on the bench the whole time. So some play and some get loaned out. The next step for me I hope will be a loan so I can play first team football.

"It's going surprisingly well, I think. I had a really good pre-season, my first ever over here. There was a slight dip around December where I could feel my body was starting to feel the strain because I usually have a break (winterbreak) in Denmark. But I feel good again and I've played some really good games for the U23s since then."

"The level is insanely high over here. There are probably a few who underestimate it a bit. There are many players who are in and around their respective first teams. They are players who have made subs appearances and some even play regularly. I was facing Danny Welbeck on home turf, which was strange because he's an extremely good player, but it's that kind of players you face when you play for the U23s." (source: http://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/leicester-dansker-sigter-mod-udlejning/)

There's a Belgian side who we could loan him to

13 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

That was very interesting. And thanks. There are a few posters who spend a lot of time translating stories for the rest of us, and I don't think we tell you how much it's appreciated. It is.

I'm only happy to contribute with what I can and I think the same goes for the other 'translators'. But nevertheless thank you for your kind words!

19 minutes ago, OllieLodge96 said:

My friend works at Holmes Park and says that Moore and Knight are alright. Uche is apparently rapid as well. Alex Pascanu had a really good game against Arsenal

Oooo 'football friend'

...and a 3-0 win in the third game lol

It's pretty amazing the difference in pace and intensity between the teams... we're just casually steamrollering the opponent :P

to be fair we've sent a strong squad and i think the opponents are playing their youth/development teams too.

West Ham in the quarter finals today, about 4am uk time I think live on youtube.

We are the only team with a 100% record after the group stages. 

Josh Eppiah looks our main threat, we haven't really been challenged so far though. 

2-1 at half time, Iverson threw one into his own net for them, Eppiah on the stroke of half time making it 2-1.

Eppiah looks really good, big, powerful, strong and can finish almost reminds me of Heskey when he first came through.

Archived