Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

James Pearson, Ryan Watson and Michael Cain

Those three never had any future. Pearson wouldn't have got a club above conference level anywhere else and Watson was released by Wigan before we picked him up purely to strengthen the U21's. Cain was the only one who'd spent more than a year with us but never seemed to make any progress.

21 hours ago, Foxxed said:

No Lawrence or Barnes in the 7s?

I think Barnes might be off to play with the England Toulon Team (Which this year is essentially made up of players U18-U20 that aren't making the squads for the U19 Euro's and U20 World Cup).

On 5/15/2017 at 08:25, Captain... said:

What about Cain? He was supposed to be making the breakthrough a few years ago but nobody talks about him now. 22 and was on loan at Blackpool this season according to Wiki.

Looking back at that Shrewsbury game, James Pearson, Ryan Watson and Michael Cain starting, Smith, Hopper and Barmby on the bench. What happened to the 'future' of Leicester City. 

Didn't Cain get knackered wherever he was on loan at for taking people's money under the guise that it was going to charity or that they'd receive some kind of memorabilia? Swear someone called him out for fleecing fans.

1 hour ago, Aleksz said:

I think Barnes might be off to play with the England Toulon Team (Which this year is essentially made up of players U18-U20 that aren't making the squads for the U19 Euro's and U20 World Cup).

I'm quite surprised Barnes hasn't been fast tracked in to either of those squads this summer given his performances for our development team and at MK Dons, but I've no doubt he'll be pushing U21's for England early next season.

48 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Didn't Cain get knackered wherever he was on loan at for taking people's money under the guise that it was going to charity or that they'd receive some kind of memorabilia? Swear someone called him out for fleecing fans.

I remember this. What a nob. 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I hadn't heard of this, we can add him to the list of scumbags we've produced.

Mattock,

Hopper,

Smith,

Pearson (I know he wasn't technically from our academy)

Cain

Young footballers can be right nobs these days.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm quite surprised Barnes hasn't been fast tracked in to either of those squads this summer given his performances for our development team and at MK Dons, but I've no doubt he'll be pushing U21's for England early next season.

Me too, but those squads are just full of the big names at youth level. Was never going to oust his way in only playing in League One. Especially the U20 group - One of the best at youth level we've had for years, they've been a tight nit squad since U17, Only really Tammy Abraham has left that group to go and play for the U21's.

14 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I hadn't heard of this, we can add him to the list of scumbags we've produced.

Mattock,

Hopper,

Smith,

Pearson (I know he wasn't technically from our academy)

Cain

Young footballers can be right nobs these days.

No mention of Porter but I don't think he exactly endeared himself, despite having been a regular in the first team squad. Such a waste.      

On 2017-5-15 at 08:22, Aus Fox said:

Gray in the Championship 72 games 8 goals.

Lawerence 65 games 11 goals.

Its not exactly apples for apples because there are a variety of factors involved, but we are excited about Gray and we have Lawrence with just as much potential and only 2 years older.

I've not seen Lawrence but am not convinced Gray is improving notably. It may be down to frustration at not being a regular in the first team but he needs to realise that won't change if he goes to any big club.

For me he's got another season, perhaps two,  to really focus on improving (wherever he is) but, if it doesn't happen for him then, he'll fast end up a once-promising but forgotten nearly man, like so many before him.     

It's all about increasing his effect as far as I can see. Goals and assists are his footballing lifeblood and he should perhaps look at videos of Cristiano Ronaldo to see how dramatically he improved when he arrived at Manchester United if he needs a decent example to follow. Not that I'm in any way comparing the two because Gray's not in the same class but it might show the lad what's possible if he can fully focus.   

Whether he's got the right mentality is another matter. I certainly have my doubts.  

Should see Barnes at

Angola v England: Monday 29 May, Stade de Lattre, Aubagne

Cuba v England: Thursday 1 June, Stade d'Honneur, Salon de Provence
Japan v England: Sunday 4 June, Stade de Lattre, Aubagne

So from the 26th to the 4th there's a good chance we'll see all of the youth team except Lawrence YouTube and Sky (I think they're broadcasting toulon?) and maybe longer if we get past the Toulon group stages.

I hope Barnes impresses and forces himself into the first team.

36 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Should see Barnes at

Angola v England: Monday 29 May, Stade de Lattre, Aubagne

Cuba v England: Thursday 1 June, Stade d'Honneur, Salon de Provence
Japan v England: Sunday 4 June, Stade de Lattre, Aubagne

So from the 26th to the 4th there's a good chance we'll see all of the youth team except Lawrence YouTube and Sky (I think they're broadcasting toulon?) and maybe longer if we get past the Toulon group stages.

I hope Barnes impresses and forces himself into the first team.

I sense the club are very frustrated they aren't able to play him in these last few games of the season, I think he's already impressed enough to now be considered involved with the first team.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I sense the club are very frustrated they aren't able to play him in these last few games of the season, I think he's already impressed enough to now be considered involved with the first team.

I hope so. A Barnes/Ndidi partnership next season would be awesome. Hopefully Drinkwater will be back in form too.

Just now, Foxxed said:

I hope so. A Barnes/Ndidi partnership next season would be awesome. Hopefully Drinkwater will be back in form too.

I'd suspect he'll be used in a more forward role than central midfield, even though that's where he's seemingly the most experienced as a youngster.

38 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

he was playing on the left of a front 3, pretty pointless for us as we seem wed to 442

Haven't seen it posted anywhere, but on Monday Daniel Iversen was called up to the Denmark U-21 Euro team. He'll likely be third choice keeper behind Jeppe Højbjerg and Thomas Hagelskjær, but it was a bit of a surprise he got selected at all. If you're interested, I've freely translated a couple of interviews with him, so you won't have to decypher the Google Translate nonsense.

Daniel said the following when he got news of it:

"I am speechless at being selected so apologies for being lost for words. But I am really happy and it will be a great experience.

I found out that I was in the running (for selection) but I was still surprised at the call up to the European Championships. It's huge.

I look forward to being with the squad and experience what it's like to be at a championship finals.

"I haven't been with the U21 national team before and I know I'm not first in the pecking order. Jeppe Højbjerg will play and I am well aware of that.

My role is to learn from Jeppe and the others who have played many games, both in the Superliga and for the national team.

I have to learn on the field and how to deal with a European championship as well as support Jeppe and Thomas Hagelskjær so they are ready for the matches, just like we do at Leicester. Hopefully it'll be me that will play at some point"

"I've been doing really well this season and it feels great to be rewarded with this selection. It shows that the hard work you put in every day pays off. Hopefully I can bring some of the things I've learnt over here to the table." (source:
http://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/overrasket-u21-debutant-det-er-kaempestort/)

In an interview today he also spoke a bit about his plans for next season:

"The plan is for me to hopefully get loaned out this summer so I can get some first team football and some experience as well as allowing the club to see me at the highest level. That's the next step that I expect. We're looking (for a loan club) in England, but which league it'll be I still don't know. Time will tell when we come closer to an agreement."

"All goalkeepers can't play so it's very normal with loans. There is only the first team and the U23s and all the others have to sit on the bench the whole time. So some play and some get loaned out. The next step for me I hope will be a loan so I can play first team football.

"It's going surprisingly well, I think. I had a really good pre-season, my first ever over here. There was a slight dip around December where I could feel my body was starting to feel the strain because I usually have a break (winterbreak) in Denmark. But I feel good again and I've played some really good games for the U23s since then."

"The level is insanely high over here. There are probably a few who underestimate it a bit. There are many players who are in and around their respective first teams. They are players who have made subs appearances and some even play regularly. I was facing Danny Welbeck on home turf, which was strange because he's an extremely good player, but it's that kind of players you face when you play for the U23s." (source: http://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/leicester-dansker-sigter-mod-udlejning/)

4 hours ago, shen said:

If you're interested, I've freely translated a couple of interviews with him, so you won't have to decypher the Google Translate nonsense.

That was very interesting. And thanks. There are a few posters who spend a lot of time translating stories for the rest of us, and I don't think we tell you how much it's appreciated. It is.

Archived