Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

LCFC U21 / Development Squad 2016/17

10 minutes ago, surrifox said:

So are we really great at youth /U21 level or as results back home seemed to suggest , a bit pants ?

since shakey took over, the u23s have magically transformed from pants to amazing just like the first team.

the u23s play style has noticeably changed in recent weeks to be like the first team, aggression, high press, counters, long balls etc

wouldn't be surprised to win the u23 league next year (dependent on loans etc obviously)

I suspect this transformation is shakey's doing (another reason why I think he should get the job) - he's attended u23 games in recent weeks even though he's had his hands full with the first team, and he's also spoken about how he's told the u23 players they should be aiming to get into the first team, plans re fast tracking them etc

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

since shakey took over, the u23s have magically transformed from pants to amazing just like the first team.

the u23s play style has noticeably changed in recent weeks to be like the first team, aggression, high press, counters, long balls etc

wouldn't be surprised to win the u23 league next year (dependent on loans etc obviously)

Long balls:whistle:

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Maybe there were just bad vibes around the club. How were the u23s in 2015/2016? Can't say I was focusing on them.

3 minutes ago, Melbourne Fuchs said:

Maybe there were just bad vibes around the club. How were the u23s in 2015/2016? Can't say I was focusing on them.

they were also shit in 2015/16, 1 spot above relegation

pretty sure it's been reported one of the criticisms of ranieri was that he focused solely on the first team and neglected the academy

25 minutes ago, brucey said:

I suspect this transformation is shakey's doing (another reason why I think he should get the job) - he's attended u23 games in recent weeks even though he's had his hands full with the first team, and he's also spoken about how he's told the u23 players they should be aiming to get into the first team, plans re fast tracking them etc

Do you know roughly when or where he said this? Very good news if he's as good as his word. Would love to see more youth players stepping up.

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Do you know roughly when or where he said this? Very good news if he's as good as his word. Would love to see more youth players stepping up.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/harvey-has-desire-and-real-hunger/story-30352565-detail/story.html

Shakespeare said he challenges young players to push for a first-team squad place and not just think they are a a Development Squad player.

The City boss said he would have no qualms in putting a teenager into his squad if he felt he was good enough, as his disappointment at not being able to use Barnes at the end of the season demonstrated.

"You can buy potential, whether it is from non-league, but as soon as the player comes in the first thing I will say to them, whether they are training with the under-23s or the first-team, is that the idea is to be in the first-team," he said.

"If you come in and think you are part of the under-23s then aim higher. I want all our under-23s to want to train with the first-team.

"If the player is 18 and he is better than someone aged 21 in the first-team and I see more potential, he is fast-tracked. That has to be the way."

23 minutes ago, brucey said:

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/harvey-has-desire-and-real-hunger/story-30352565-detail/story.html

Shakespeare said he challenges young players to push for a first-team squad place and not just think they are a a Development Squad player.

The City boss said he would have no qualms in putting a teenager into his squad if he felt he was good enough, as his disappointment at not being able to use Barnes at the end of the season demonstrated.

"You can buy potential, whether it is from non-league, but as soon as the player comes in the first thing I will say to them, whether they are training with the under-23s or the first-team, is that the idea is to be in the first-team," he said.

"If you come in and think you are part of the under-23s then aim higher. I want all our under-23s to want to train with the first-team.

"If the player is 18 and he is better than someone aged 21 in the first-team and I see more potential, he is fast-tracked. That has to be the way."

Another reason to love Shakey. Really hope he stays.

Club havent even mentioned the win on Instagram or Twitter

Only the Instagram story. They will probably post later on Twitter, a interview video or a link to the site recapping the whole tournament.

31 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Club havent even mentioned the win on Instagram or Twitter

I think it's pretty pathetic for there to be no mention on the official twitter account

If I was the agent or parent of one of the kids that just won a tournament I would consider it disrespectful - the teams we beaten have mentioned that they lost to us and congratulated our boys on winning ........

attention to detail

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think it's pretty pathetic for there to be no mention on the official twitter account

If I was the agent or parent of one of the kids that just won a tournament I would consider it disrespectful - the teams we beaten have mentioned that they lost to us and congratulated our boys on winning ........

attention to detail

:blink: being slow does not equal pathetic 

the article write-up always takes a few hours to go up on the main site, and a few hours after that the twitter account will post a link to the article

this isn't new 

46 minutes ago, brucey said:

:blink: being slow does not equal pathetic 

the article write-up always takes a few hours to go up on the main site, and a few hours after that the twitter account will post a link to the article

this isn't new 

I understand that but surely a brief acknowledgment  is needed stating a more detailed one will follow. That's the whole point of twitter - people use it to get up to date information. It's a real time medium. 

Some promising aspects to that...especially the fact that we won emphatically.

Can't say I was very impressed with the opposition. Far too much time and too many touches needed to move the ball.

At least our lads looked like aspiring footballers.

Some decent goals in there too.     

Josh Eppiah named player of the tournament, 8 goals in 6 games looks a real handful. Would love him to go on loan in League One next season and see what he can do, big, powerful, quick and a good finisher, looks a real prospect. i find it strange I havent heard of him before now. Looking forward to watching him develop.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Josh Eppiah named player of the tournament, 8 goals in 6 games looks a real handful. Would love him to go on loan in League One next season and see what he can do, big, powerful, quick and a good finisher, looks a real prospect. i find it strange I havent heard of him before now. Looking forward to watching him develop.

I think he's been injured for a season or something. We need to send a few of them out on loan to see what they can do imo

I understand this is excellent and we've played very well in this tournament. But this is the style of football the lads play on training, 7 a side... I think that perhaps needs to be remembered in some of the hysteria!

Weve all heard of plenty of players who looked world class in training 7 a side in the past lol 

Archived