Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Welcome Islam Slimani

Not too fussed about the injury to another player, yes its a shame he got injured and I hope he can get back to playing soon but on a different day he just gets up and shrugs it off with no dislocation.

It wasn't like Slimani pushed him over then jumped on his shoulder to make sure he did it. Accidents happen in football.

On the playing side good debut, yes some passes went wayward but he was involved in quite a lot of positive play and created some solid opportunities. Looking foward to him playing against Burnley where he should start imo.

We've got Vardy, Huth and Wasyl in the squad and people think Slimani might be a bit 'assertive.' lol

Welcome another angry bastard to the team. I love the fact that their centre half left one on Vardy so five minutes later his big lump new strike partner put the **** out of action.

Great start for Slimani.

Noticed that we often chip balls into the strikers when we have been pressed effectively and have no ball in behind for Vardy as an option. Usually we lose these balls because Shinji Vardy can't win the headers, but Slimani won these headers yesterday and often flicked them onto Vardy. Great option to have and I personally like the fact he has an aggressive streak. You've got to bare in mind he was being targeted by 3 big centre halves yesterday especially in aerial duels, so he probably just wanted to give a bit back. 

Thought he did quite well. Kept the ball in play and won the throw for the 1st, some good link up play. Push was stupid but the dislocation was a freak accident. Reasonable debut. He needs to get a few starts under his belt as his goalscoring record against Porto is phenomenal and we win that we should top the group. I love Shinji but he doesn't score enough. Vardy and Slimani against Burnley should cause havoc

The push was hilarious and should be applauded, we're not some wet wipe team like Bournemouth or Arsenal. If you can leave one on someone, do it. If you can get yourself a psychological edge on him, do it. If you can show him you're not going to be dominated and you'll give whatever you take, that's the game you've got to play.

3 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

He reminds me of a sane Diego costa, like some1 said before he's like an Okazaki ulloa hybrid, really impressed with what I seen last night to the point where ulloa (a guy I've rated the last few years) looked painfully average compared to slimani

Really? 

I tnought slimani looked ok at best. Might just be me though as a lot are very complimentary. His pass completion was low and he dribbled out of play about 4 times. Agree he's a handful though and once settled will be a huge asset I'm sure..

3 minutes ago, hornyhollthefox123 said:

Really? 

I tnought slimani looked ok at best. Might just be me though as a lot are very complimentary. His pass completion was low and he dribbled out of play about 4 times. Agree he's a handful though and once settled will be a huge asset I'm sure..

You could probably put his dodgy pass completion on the fact that he probably still doesn't understand how we play completely. I noticed Drinkwater playing a couple of balls that just went to nowhere yesterday because Slimani wasn't in the same places Shinji would be in. He seems to be learning quick though which is a good sign.

Just now, hornyhollthefox123 said:

Really? 

Compare him to Okazaki, he hussled and chased down the whole time he was on whilst being a physical presence at the same time, he won 2 or 3 flick ons that set vardy on his way held the ball up well and brought others into play, yes he can improve but I seen enough in his 60 mins on the pitch to be excited about his partnership with vardy, that performance playing for a team he's trained with only a couple of times whilst not understanding the language was impressive but that's just my opinion

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

The push was silly, he couldn't have known that it would result in an injured shoulder,if Engles had fell correctly it wouldn't even have hurt. It seemed a pointless booking to me.

I think to much has been made of the push it happens constantly during matches I think the fact the lad done his shoulder made it seem a lot worse, had the player got up and carried on he wouldn't have got booked and we wouldn't be talking about it

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

I think to much has been made of the push it happens constantly during matches I think the fact the lad done his shoulder made it seem a lot worse, had the player got up and carried on he wouldn't have got booked and we wouldn't be talking about it

It's true that the ref only went for his card when he found the player was injured, I don't think he'd have got booked if the guy would have just stood up and carried on

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

Huth  doesn't seem to be malicious, Vardy calls people names and winds up the fans, john moss is a ****, cant hold that against him. Slimani didn't seem happy, that push was ridiculous

Huth isn't malicious I've heard it all now. He's one of the dirtiest b**stards in the premier league. Just because he does it on the sly doesn't mean he isn't dirty.

Vormer's virtual scissor tackle from behind on Hernandez was Souness-esque and should have been a straight red. Far worse than Slimani's bizarre shove and in spite of the bizarre outcome regarding Engles - it had much greater potential for injury. 

Archived