Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

1 hour ago, BoyJones said:

Mate, I have Welsh blood in me and am not anti Wales, but Bale's tackling was pretty thuggish tonite.

Also, how you use the words "silver lining" re Taylor's sending off (to play an attacker next game) is beyond me. He may have finished an honest pro's career. 

Not quite sure if you're trolling here, I thought you were with the first post tbh but I'm stuck awake and in pain thanks to a stomach ulcer so I'm grumpy enough to bite:

Regards Bale:

Firstly, he's had lumps kicked out of him all night, as have Ramsey and Allen. Obviously one of ours has gone and put in by far the worst tackle of the game but that doesn't let the Irish off the hook. Keane had spoken in advance about leaving them on Bale and they delivered.

Given how shit we generally are, I was a little disappointed by how negative the Irish approach was. We're there for the taking, Georgia played us at our own gaff and had the bollocks to actually attack and should have won on merit, we were bobbins. Absentees or not it was still an Irish side full of premier league talent and it was still pretty embarrassing that their best idea to win was to defend and boot us.

The two challenges Bale put in that were questionable were both just shit and clumsy. The first he's going for a cross, has every right to be after that ball and is just late. His foot is up because he's trying to score. He gets booked, fair enough.

Second one, again, he's going for the ball, catches the player. Probably should be booked, wouldn't have had any complaints if he'd been sent off.

But to call either of those thuggish or to imply they were in any way deliberate attempts to injure and to not be trolling or joking is somewhat ridiculous. 

Regards Taylor/me:

The only thing "beyond belief" is that you'd use a serious injury to strawman me and imply I'm somehow glad that Coleman got injured because I can recognise a footballing benefit in Taylor's suspension.

I'm quite obviously not happy that someone is in considerable physical pain and if it could be undone I'm sure the entire footballing community would wish it so.

I didn't express delight in Coleman's injury, you DID use it for internet point scoring.

• Like 1

Just seen the tackle (can't be bothered with the petty squabbling and points scoring from certain users). 

Absolutely horrifying. That's his career over without a doubt. Would be surprised if he ever even walked properly again. Reminiscent of David Buust except he at least had the ground to stop his leg spinning whereas Coleman's spun around in the air like a tent pole that's come out of its socket. 

Got to feel sorry for Taylor - very bad tackle but he must be distraught at the consequences. 

Awful awful night for football

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just seen the tackle (can't be bothered with the petty squabbling and points scoring from certain users). 

Absolutely horrifying. That's his career over without a doubt. Would be surprised if he ever even walked properly again. Reminiscent of David Buust except he at least had the ground to stop his leg spinning whereas Coleman's spun around in the air like a tent pole that's come out of its socket. 

Got to feel sorry for Taylor - very bad tackle but he must be distraught at the consequences. 

Awful awful night for football

It's not his career over without a doubt by any means. Sure there's a chance he may not come back from it, there always is, but there's been numerous leg breaks down the years that on first viewing look career enders that players come back from.

If I recall correctly what did for Busst wasn't the actual break, he could have come back once that repaired, it was the fact the bone broke through the skin and damaged large chunks of muscle. He had that many ops he lost half the muscle in his leg, if you google him you can see the state of it. Coleman will most likely come back from this in the same way Eduardo, Djibril Cisse and others have. Whether he'll be the same player again is another matter.

13 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Shows what bollocks you spoke when you accused Wales of just being dirty. I don't need to calm down. I am fine. Your issue not mine.

He was just messing around for a bit of banter with me tbh.

At the time he made the first comment about Wales being dirty, Ireland were belting lumps out of every Welsh player that moved.