Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

14 hours ago, Facecloth said:

It's not his career over without a doubt by any means. Sure there's a chance he may not come back from it, there always is, but there's been numerous leg breaks down the years that on first viewing look career enders that players come back from.

If I recall correctly what did for Busst wasn't the actual break, he could have come back once that repaired, it was the fact the bone broke through the skin and damaged large chunks of muscle. He had that many ops he lost half the muscle in his leg, if you google him you can see the state of it. Coleman will most likely come back from this in the same way Eduardo, Djibril Cisse and others have. Whether he'll be the same player again is another matter.

Its a mental thing. Needs to be of a strong mind to come back and be as good a player.

Spose I should put this in the betting thread but anyway, England (v Lithuania), Scotland (v Slovenia) and Northern Ireland (v Norway) all to score over 1 goal - 10/1 (Will Hill).

Good chance?

I think so and think the odds are great but I know **** all about International Football (I question what I know about football full spot at the moment, can't buy a win), it's shite, but i'm bored.

Edited by Matt

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Spose I should put this in the betting thread but anyway, England (v Lithuania), Scotland (v Slovenia) and Northern Ireland (v Norway) all to score over 1 goal - 10/1 (Will Hill).

Good chance?

I think so and think the odds are great but I know **** all about International Football (I question what I know about football full spot at the moment, can't buy a win), it's shite, but i'm bored.

Scotland will not score a goal I'm my opinion let alone two... I see Slovenia winning that game 1-0 

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Scotland will not score a goal I'm my opinion let alone two... I see Slovenia winning that game 1-0 

Ah, even though I typed it out i'd totally got the bet wrong, I saw it as all score 1 goal :doh::blush: which I thought was do-able.

Good job i've not placed the bet yet!

...No wonder i'm struggling to win anything at the moment! lol

Scotland have been dire.

A half empty ground. Boos from early in the second half.

Scotland spent most of the second half being spectacularly inept.

They've scored a late goal to win and keep their hopes alive, but if England don't ragdoll these at Hampden in June, I'll be very disappointed.

52 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

So the old manager was Blind, the new one is Grim lol. Not looking good for the Dutch.

Edited by Lovejoy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Messi now banned for four Argentina matches after swearing at the referee during the Chile match - six hours before tonight's game against Bolivia. lol

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/fifa-lionel-messi-is-banned-from-argentina-vs-bolivia-a7654146.html

I'm surprised they had the balls to hand down a 4 game suspension on him. That takes him out for basically the rest of the CONMEBOL qualifiers.

Luckily Argentina are two points ahead of Ecuador/Chile in the automatic qualification zone, and two of the four games he's missing are against Bolivia and Venezuela. But if they drop points that last game he comes back against Ecuador will be huge.

Capture.JPG

How are Argentina so terrible at football?

Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Di Maria, Dybala, Icardi, Higuain, Pastore, Gaitan, Lamela, Biglia, Mascherano, Banega, Correa.

Granted Rojo, Musacchio and Otamendi aren't everyone's choice of defenders but they've got to be good enough to beat Bolivia, surely? 

They limp to every world cup with some terrible coaching decision like ****ing Maradona (how was that ever a good idea?) and invariably flop.

I mean Eduardo Bauza? Seriously?

Need to have a whip round and tell Simeone it's a matter of national pride and he's got no choice.

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Di Maria, Dybala, Icardi, Higuain, Pastore, Gaitan, Lamela, Biglia, Mascherano, Banega, Correa.

Granted Rojo, Musacchio and Otamendi aren't everyone's choice of defenders but they've got to be good enough to beat Bolivia, surely? 

They limp to every world cup with some terrible coaching decision like ****ing Maradona (how was that ever a good idea?) and invariably flop.

Need to have a whip round and tell Simeone it's a matter of national pride and he's got no choice.

Well, losing Messi this close before the match must've had some impact on team morale. Add to that playing on that altitude and with such oxygen pressure in La Paz which wears out every visiting team.

And it's not as if Argentina didn't create chances.

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You'd have thought that;

Higuain

Di Maria Dybala Messi

Biglia Mascherano

Rojo Otamendi Mussacchio Zabaleta

Rulli

Would be good enough to challenge the likes of Germany let alone fcking Bolivia.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

You'd have thought that;

Higuain

Di Maria Dybala Messi

Biglia Mascherano

Rojo Otamendi Mussacchio Zabaleta

Rulli

Would be good enough to challenge the likes of Germany let alone fcking Bolivia.

Football isn't just about having the best players, it goes deeper and we certainly know that. Holland are far better than what they are showing on paper but are struggling to qualify for another major tournament.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Football isn't just about having the best players, it goes deeper and we certainly know that. Holland are far better than what they are showing on paper but are struggling to qualify for another major tournament.

Are they though? Pretty sure if you take out two or three players you've basically got a championship standard team.