Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

Back in the day I loved England games and craved success for the national team - now?

i watch with the same detachment of watching Switzerland v Greece or similar . When did this ennui set in  - probably with the succession of foreign managers with no buy in to the national team - if we qualify -meh - we'll fall at the first serious hurdle and watching the likes of Dier and Livermore makes me consider self-harm 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Back in the day I loved England games and craved success for the national team - now?

i watch with the same detachment of watching Switzerland v Greece or similar . When did this ennui set in  - probably with the succession of foreign managers with no buy in to the national team - if we qualify -meh - we'll fall at the first serious hurdle and watching the likes of Dier and Livermore makes me consider self-harm 

Certainly not like some of the home international games of old.

This is shite today. Boring shite.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

So painfully shit to watch. Sideway pass after sideway pass, no tempo and no end product. 

I know we moan about City not keeping the ball sometimes but give me our style over this shite

The England team, under many successive managers just seem incapable of playing with any freedom. There's no sense of adventure, no talisman to open up defences and to be the real playmaker. It's like it's TOO planned, too tactical.

I just wish they'd take the shackles off, open up and just go for it.

Just now, sylofox said:

This game should have been played last weekend. All these players should be on the beach now.

At least I know why I don't watch this shite any more. Has anyone got a tin of gloss paint I can have.

Just thinking the same thought, why on earth do we have internationals in June?

Remember that horrendous game in Dublin (Vardy's debut 2 years ago?).

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

What is Eric Dier? Dreadful footballer

Plays the ball where he can't see too often for my liking. If there's a loose ball, rather than try and control it and play it to someone he can see, he tries a stupid flick and loses the ball, and it's usually in dangerous areas.