Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

43 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Football isn't just about having the best players, it goes deeper and we certainly know that. Holland are far better than what they are showing on paper but are struggling to qualify for another major tournament.

Holland are a poor side kept afloat by Robben, lets be honest.

About 90% of Argentina's side play regular Champions League football.

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

How are Argentina so terrible at football?

Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Di Maria, Dybala, Icardi, Higuain, Pastore, Gaitan, Lamela, Biglia, Mascherano, Banega, Correa.

Granted Rojo, Musacchio and Otamendi aren't everyone's choice of defenders but they've got to be good enough to beat Bolivia, surely? 

They limp to every world cup with some terrible coaching decision like ****ing Maradona (how was that ever a good idea?) and invariably flop.

I mean Eduardo Bauza? Seriously?

Need to have a whip round and tell Simeone it's a matter of national pride and he's got no choice.

Theyve made the World Cup final and Copa America final in their last two tournaments?

Theyll qualify for the world cup no problem. Theres not that much wrong with them.

• 2 months later...

Am satisfied to see Rooney being left out by Southgate, following Man United's decision to rarely select him.

I believe he's been somewhat over-rated for a few seasons now without actually contributing to the levels (such as goals etc) he had been at in his earlier seasons.

England should be comfortable against a team mainly consisting of Championship-standard players (apologies to any Scotland fans on here..).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

26 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Oh my god what a howler from Lloris???. 30 seconds to go and he gifts Sweden a winner...Brilliant finish from half way line ??

No idea what rode him there... Total arrogance.

But Toivonen's shot was simply brilliant - after all, he was surrounded by French players when he hit it.

Looking for a hammering of the jocks! :fc:

Omg...Jamie Redknapp just compared Leigh Griffiths to Jamie Vardy!! :crylaugh:

Someone on Sky raised the point "Will the treble winning players be a big factor in the match"....No.

Bloody hell I know Souness talks a load of crap but he ain't half talking Scotland up! :giggle:

Oh and despite making comments on two of the pundits from Sky, this game is on Sky and ITV...No choice is there? Sky > ITV.

(Be interesting to see the viewing figures, bearing in mind Sky is a subscription i'll bet they'll still give ITV's viewing figures a run for their money)

Edited by Matt

It's quite a disgrace in the Scots booing England's national anthem.

Their anthem, with those bloody bagpipes, makes me rather listen to forks being scratched hard on a plate.

Edited by Wymeswold fox