Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

I feel quite guilty, but I couldn't help feeling pissed off when England equalized yesterday.

We'll kinda scrape through again I think without playing particularly well and then crash out in the tournaments. Nothing I saw yesterday made me feel that a. We have a very good team and b. We have a clear game plan.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I feel quite guilty, but I couldn't help feeling pissed off when England equalized yesterday.

We'll kinda scrape through again I think without playing particularly well and then crash out in the tournaments. Nothing I saw yesterday made me feel that a. We have a very good team and b. We have a clear game plan.

Sad isn't it - Why is there seemingly not a manager out there who can sculpt England to play in something that resembles a style of football? And ridiculously whatever style that was is being taught all through the England set up... 

Zero identity.

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sad isn't it - Why is there seemingly not a manager out there who can sculpt England to play in something that resembles a style of football? And ridiculously whatever style that was is being taught all through the England set up... 

Zero identity.

I know. I don't get it at all.

I wish they could just all stop bricking themselves, take the shackles off and go and play.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No way. We'd have never heard the end of it plus it would've made Mark McGhee delighted.

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I know. I don't get it at all.

I wish they could just all stop bricking themselves, take the shackles off and go and play.

If they are 'scared' of playing for England I have no idea why.  If a player has a half decent game for England these days they are lauded as if they're the 2nd coming.   In some countries (Spain, Italy, Brazil) even after they win they are often still criticised, yet those teams don't play with fear.

7 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

That should have counted.

Probably makes up for the fact Walters pushes the defender for the first.

If you're going to give one you should probably give both I guess but they are both somewhat physical.

Draw probably a fair result on reflection, it was a dire game.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Probably makes up for the fact Walters pushes the defender for the first.

If you're going to give one you should probably give both I guess but they are both somewhat physical.

Draw probably a fair result on reflection, it was a dire game.

Yeah, at the end of the day it was a fair result.

Absolutely dreadful team we have without Bale in it tbh. So little quality in there really.

Not even like Ramsey is in good form atm really.

Can't see anything other than Serbia winning fairly comfortable. A dull 2 - 0 with a couple of routine goals I imagine.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Absolutely dreadful team we have without Bale in it tbh. So little quality in there really.

Not even like Ramsey is in good form atm really.

Can't see anything other than Serbia winning fairly comfortable. A dull 2 - 0 with a couple of routine goals I imagine.

Aarons got his kermogant on and it's 1-0

you pretty much need this won to stand any real chance don't you. 

3 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Aarons got his kermogant on and it's 1-0

you pretty much need this won to stand any real chance don't you. 

Yeah. It's very open if we win, be like 12pts, 11pts, 10pts, 9pts or something at the top of the group.

Only got ourselves to blame though. This should be a game that we could afford to lose or steal a draw really.

Thrown away too many wins, Georgia especially was dreadful. Think we should have beaten a v poor Ireland as well tbh.

Also worth noting we've got Austria and Ireland still to play at home I think.

So if we win this it's still in our own hands.

I'd be fricking amazed if we qualify though. Bale is going to need to be on fire next season for us to get through.