Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

Just now, spacemunky said:

Really? Bradley is the heart of your team.

I'm a bit biased being a TFC fan though ;) 

Seems like he hasn't played well since 2014. 

I was confused when we started Guzan, and left Dempsey on the bench. Seems to be working, though. This is arguably the toughest away venue in the Western Hemisphere. 

Just now, UPinCarolina said:

Seems like he hasn't played well since 2014. 

I was confused when we started Guzan, and left Dempsey on the bench. Seems to be working, though. This is arguably the toughest away venue in the Western Hemisphere. 

He's been brilliant for Toronto FC.

I was more surprised Brooks didn't start.

Have to bring Dempsey on! 

1 minute ago, spacemunky said:

He's been brilliant for Toronto FC.

I was more surprised Brooks didn't start.

Have to bring Dempsey on! 

The lack of Dempsey is criminal at this stage. He's a gamer. This is where he shines. Gerrimin. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Wales have peaked imho. The future doesnt seem bright for any british isles teams outside  of Englands u20s at the moment.

Even if any of them do qualify  they just arent good enough to win anything.

You know that Serbia side that looked fvcking doggo that we just took a point off? They won the u20 wc before you. Know who won it a few years before them? Ghana. Weren't Zambia a few minutes away from playing you in the semi, having beaten Germany en route?

I've not said anything so far, I didn't really want to be that chip on the shoulder Celt belittling the English achievement because it's more than we managed, fair play.

But the future isn't bright because you won a youth tournament. Half those lads probably won't even make it in the Prem, let alone for England.

At their age, these days, if they were going to be world beaters they'd already be in your senior squad. It's not like that's bursting with quality.

You're right about Wales though. We're shit. We've got four quite talented young wingers sitting waiting for a shot in Wilson, Woodburn, Lawrence and Williams but Cookie insists on sticking shit full backs out there and parking the bus.

No wonder Woodburn faked an injury to get out of the squad, he knew Jaz fvcking Richards was going to get picked ahead of him. Would not be even faintly surprised if he swaps to England in the next twelve months.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You know that Serbia side that looked fvcking doggo that we just took a point off? They won the u20 wc before you. Know who won it a few years before them? Ghana. Weren't Zambia a few minutes away from playing you in the semi, having beaten Germany en route?

I've not said anything so far, I didn't really want to be that chip on the shoulder Celt belittling the English achievement because it's more than we managed, fair play.

But the future isn't bright because you won a youth tournament. Half those lads probably won't even make it in the Prem, let alone for England.

At their age, these days, if they were going to be world beaters they'd already be in your senior squad. It's not like that's bursting with quality.

You're right about Wales though. We're shit. We've got four quite talented young wingers sitting waiting for a shot in Wilson, Woodburn, Lawrence and Williams but Cookie insists on sticking shit full backs out there and parking the bus.

No wonder Woodburn faked an injury to get out of the squad, he knew Jaz fvcking Richards was going to get picked ahead of him. Would not be even faintly surprised if he swaps to England in the next twelve months.

Oh i didnt really mean that england stood a massive chance because of the u20s. Realistically we both know they probably wont take england to the next level but somewhat of a bright spark in a dark room right now.

8 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

You just knew Mexico would find a way to equalize.

Still it's been a good turnaround for ye since Bruce got involved again.

Costa Rica have wobbled in their last 2 games so USA should be strong enough to qualify from here.

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I personally think Wales taking a point off Serbia is a bloody good result. I like Wales and hope they qualify.

without Bale as well. 

If they'd have lost, I doubt they would have qualified. Result last night gives them some confidence they can do enough to qualify. 

Oh it's a good result given Bale wasn't playing and where we were playing.

But we've thrown away four or five winning positions in this campaign which isn't really good enough.

I'll be amazed if we get to Russia, frankly.

It'll take a great run of form, probably need to win all four remaining games.

A 2-0 win v Uzbekistan means Iran have qualified from their group. South Korea in 2nd place,1 point ahead of Uzbekistan.South Korea have made the last 8 world cup tournaments.

Iran the 3rd team to have qualified along with Russia and Brazil.