Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

Still without a single point dropped in our group. Very happy about that.

Even though the football on show is mostly dire.

Today's match against Andorra should've been called off. Heavy rain, gruesome conditions on the pitch.

However, three points is three points & there's so much that can still go wrong until the end of the qualification stage, so... :fc:

Belgium beat Gibraltar 9-0..

Wish these small, and semi-professional footballing, nations are put into a qualifying group of their own before this group round - and the one that finishes top is only allowed to reach stage.

It just feels humiliating to see these particular nations having no chance at all, to even score a goal..

Edited by Wymeswold fox

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Belgium beat Gibraltar 9-0..

Wish these small, and semi-professional footballing, nations are put into a qualifying group of their own before this group round - and the one that finishes top is only allowed to reach stage.

It just feels humiliating to see these particular nations having no chance at all, to even score a goal..

I'd cut Gibraltar some slack. They're a brand-new footballing nation and need to find their shape and standing first and foremost.

When you look at how nations like Luxembourg or Andorra are performing, there's hope.

Just give them time, they'll be able to beat a team at some stage. Just like San Marino.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Still without a single point dropped in our group. Very happy about that.

Even though the football on show is mostly dire.

Today's match against Andorra should've been called off. Heavy rain, gruesome conditions on the pitch.

However, three points is three points & there's so much that can still go wrong until the end of the qualification stage, so... :fc:

Switzerland in the playoffs at least?

Luxembourg won the other night as well at home to Belarus.

I think the minnows are definitely better than they were. I think only San Marino, Gibraltar and Andorra are the proper whipping boys. It isn't even that uncommon to see Faroe Islands, Luxembourg or Liechtenstein get a result nowadays.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Luxembourg won the other night as well at home to Belarus.

I think the minnows are definitely better than they were. I think only San Marino, Gibraltar and Andorra are the proper whipping boys. It isn't even that uncommon to see Faroe Islands, Luxembourg or Liechtenstein get a result nowadays.

Should all be in the same group. Imagine san marino made the world cup lol.

On 31/08/2017 at 23:56, MC Prussian said:

I'd cut Gibraltar some slack. They're a brand-new footballing nation and need to find their shape and standing first and foremost.

When you look at how nations like Luxembourg or Andorra are performing, there's hope.

Just give them time, they'll be able to beat a team at some stage. Just like San Marino.

Sorry but nonsense. They'd be better of pre qualifying, theyd win some games then, as they'd be playing each other.

Depressing home outing vs los Ticos.  Cameron and Ream were poor.  Pulisic couldn't finish from the outset, and was clearly not ready for CONCACAF search-and-maim "defending".  Wish we had Jozy for Honduras because that now means something.

Third qualifying position from CONCACAF is better than the only alternative now I guess.