Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

2018 Russia World Cup Qualifying

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Hardly, it was an aimless lob into the box.

Any keeper worth knowing comes out and takes it thank you very much 2-1.

It was a drilled ball (a lob??), that caught Gordon between a rock and a hard place. Gordon should have come for it, but the quality of the ball made him unsure.

Edited by Col city fan

Just now, Col city fan said:

Rubbish as usual. It was a drilled ball (a lob??), that caught Gordon between a rock and a hard place. Gordon should have come for it, but the quality of the ball made him unsure.

Any keeper should take it. There wasn't any real height on it and there wasn't any real pace on it.

The ball was in the air for hours. We should be thankful Craig Gordon is ****ing hopeless otherwise we'd have lost that 2-0.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Any keeper should take it. There wasn't any real height on it and there wasn't any real pace on it.

The ball was in the air for hours. We should be thankful Craig Gordon is ****ing hopeless otherwise we'd have lost that 2-0.

Have to agree to disagree. That was a rubbish England performance but credit where it's due...Sterling? Basically saved the day with that pass imo. 

• Like 2

Just now, Col city fan said:

Have to agree to disagree. That was a rubbish England performance but credit where it's due...Sterling? Basically saved the day with that pass imo. 

Rubbish.

Sterling's cross is to be expected of any professional footballer, nothing special about it whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I'm with you there, it was a top notch ball and finish. Whether he meant it I'm not sure, but it turned out to be perfectly weighted and had the keeper in 2 minds.

Gordon had a bit of a stinker today though, looked incredibly shakey all game.

Terrible game of football but 3 great bits of football at the end to make it look like it was a half decent game.

Just now, filbertway said:

I'm with you there, it was a top notch ball and finish. Whether he meant it I'm not sure, but it turned out to be perfectly weighted and had the keeper in 2 minds.

Terrible game of football but 3 great bits of football at the end to make it look like it was a half decent game.

Your last paragraph sums it up, laughable when it was even referred to a classic by one of the ITV boys when you consider nothing happened for about 70 mins.

Just now, Nalis said:

Your last paragraph sums it up, laughable when it was even referred to a classic by one of the ITV boys when you consider nothing happened for about 70 mins.

Haha no way! I turned off immediately after it had finished. They do talk some rubbish on there.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Spot on matey. 

In terms of quality that game was absolutely garbage barring the free-kicks and Sterling's ball in at the end but you've got to laugh really, that was an amazing end of the game lol a draw isn't a good result as Scotland are garbage but it doesn't really matter either because England will win this group at a canter anyway and it's hilarious seeing them have their hopes shot to pieces.

Poor performance though. Thought our performances under Southgate have been better than Hodgson but today was pure Hodgson.

lol got a bet on here...

Draxler 2 or more goals

Slovakia win

Montenegro win

Norway v Czech Republic over 0.5 first half goals

Poland win

The three teams are winning, Draxler has one at 4-0, and the Norway/Czechs one came in. Can cash out for £55 off a tenner but it would return £120.

Draxler bags again and it's about there.

If this is the ball to Kane we are talking about brilliant delivery for me. You don't  come off your line and claim balls that end up being volleyed in past your far post. 

Beat case scenario your taking about an excellent bit of goal keeping of it was claimed a very long way from routine.

if we want to talk poor goal keeping joe harts footwork and positioning for both free kicks could of been better. Again neither strike is easy to save at all but seemed to be slow gettting across diving early for both.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Atleast today stands up to a point I made last year;

On 26/03/2016 at 13:05, Matt said:

Hopefully England do play them and get schooled.

Mind you, you don't need the quality of those 3 to play England for them to be schooled, think Scotland could school England and Woy.

Infact and i'm gonna make a huge statement here, have England got Scotland to play in an upcoming friendly? Regardless of whether they have or not I genuinely think i'd want Scotland to win and everyone know's my opinion on the Jocks.

Ok, so I could be opening a can of worms here :giggle: (i'm only having a laugh) and perhaps my use of the word 'schooling' was abit OTT but we were certainly as poor as them, it was an awful, poor game and you lot were acting as if they wouldn't land a glove on us.

Under Woy when I made my comments comparing to today I thinking schooling might have been right.

For the record despite what I said in my quoted statement I didn't want Scotland to win, that said I wasn't too bothered when they were winning/England failed to beat them.

Edited by Matt

Scotland and their low end Championship tier squad matched England's fine picked, cream of the crop Elite League multimillionaires.

In fact (most) cream of the crop elite english players are overvalued.
A lot.

English Clubs have too much money compared to the rest of the world (excluding Real and Barcelona).
The Premier League is the place to go/play for the best players in the world (excluding Real and Barcelona, again).

This makes more difficult for a english player to play in Premier League.

Other reason is in England the physical attributes in football are overvalued, and skills underated, and this makes the english lads training the physical more and being less skilled than the players from other countries, on average.

It was this 'english' physical training that made Cristiano Ronaldo a 'machine', but he already was very skilled.

But in this regard, all this millions pounds in Premier also bought foreign managers, and some of them are among the best managers in the world - José, Klopp, Guardiola, Conte,...

I believe this will help english football evolve and help England to have more skilled players.
All it needs is to be sure the english lads can play in Premier league/in the highest level.

PS.:
Its because this 'more physic less skills' of English players that I prefer Portugal national team to play against England than most of others (strong) national teams.

• Like 1

Even though it's 'just' a friendly, Tuesday's match in France should provide a more clearer indication as to where the team is progressing under Southgate.

The midfield looked poor today imo, and reckon Kante wil test their resolve even more should he play.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
Tuesday, not on Wednesday as first thought.

Guest ttfn
3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Have I got this wrong, or is the England International Keeper currently about fourth choice at his parent club? He has gone back to Man City hasn't he?

What sense does it make to be playing Hart at present? We have some really good keepers who have played good parts of the season in the Premiership.

I don't think Hart's a bad keeper and I don't think it would be a disaster if he ended up here if Kasper leaves but he's not as good as Pickford, Butland or Forster and arguably not as good as Heaton.

Not a chance he should be number 1 for England. We've got a year to give Pickford or Butland a go before Russia, no excuses for Southgate not trying something different now.

1 hour ago, SCP1906 said:

In fact (most) cream of the crop elite english players are overvalued.
A lot.

English Clubs have too much money compared to the rest of the world (excluding Real and Barcelona).
The Premier League is the place to go/play for the best players in the world (excluding Real and Barcelona, again).

This makes more difficult for a english player to play in Premier League.
Other reason is in England the physical attributes in football are overvalued, and skills underated, and this makes the english lads training the physical more and being less skilled than the players from other countries, on average.

It was this 'english' physical training that made Cristiano Ronaldo a 'machine', but he already was very skilled.

But in this regard, all this millions pounds in Premier also bought foreign managers, and some of them are among the best managers in the world - José, Klopp, Guardiola, Conte,...

I believe this will help english football evolve and help England to have more skilled players.
All it needs is to be sure the english lads can play in Premier league/in the highest level.
PS.:
Its because this 'more physic less skills' of English players that I prefer Portugal national team to play against England than most of others (strong) national teams.

Obrigado!

What's your opinion on Eric Dier? Schooled in Portugal and has physical attributes that would see him thrive in England, particularly at centre back I think. Also think the reason he's played in midfield is because of his technical skill but other than that he's abit of a waste of space in the middle of the park.

To play Livermore and him today and still not have control infront of the back four like at the beginning of the second half just shows how badly we lack quality and balance.