Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

Didn't even get in the top three for Goal of the Month!

All good, but the difference between his and Henderson's is Hendo received the ball in acres of space took a touch and hit it.

Gray had to beat two men and get it past the 'Prem's top keeper'!

No contest?! 

goal was probably the least impressive thing he did all night tbf. seemed to be playing more central at times. didn't really have a role. not sure they were playing a striker or maybe he was meant to be the striker. whatever it was it made him look heroic. 

Guest CityFan 06
7 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

goal was probably the least impressive thing he did all night tbf. seemed to be playing more central at times. didn't really have a role. not sure they were playing a striker or maybe he was meant to be the striker. whatever it was it made him look heroic. 

Perhaps an opportunity for Demarai in the CAM role then...

Albrighton/Schlupp/Kapustka and Mahrez on the wings, with Gray behind the strikers? Certainly a lot of potential. 

Edited by CityFan 06

Got to be starting for me. 

Even at Hull - although he was greedy - he constantly got the ball down and ran at their defence. Looked a threat (our only threat at times), ultimately won the penalty.

46 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Perhaps an opportunity for Demarai in the CAM role then...

Albrighton/Schlupp/Kapustka and Mahrez on the wings, with Gray behind the strikers? Certainly a lot of potential. 

Gray played behind Ulloa at Oxford and Celtic.

Guest CityFan 06
29 minutes ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Gray played behind Ulloa at Oxford and Celtic.

How do you think he did in that position? 

He has to get his chance now i really think he could turn into something brilliant to be honest every single time ive saw him play he has looked so good (maybe hull game the only time not so good) and i think i 433 formation will be great for him and Mahrez has they can both concentrate on attacking more

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Got to be starting for me. 

Even at Hull - although he was greedy - he constantly got the ball down and ran at their defence. Looked a threat (our only threat at times), ultimately won the penalty.

I think its a disgrace that hes only started the 1 leauge game this season when Albrighton has bin so out of form wot does the lad need to do to get a start

For the ten minutes or so he played on Sunday, he was constantly looking over to claudio to gauge if his defensive position was correct. Within our playing pattern, he has some tactical work still to do before he is trusted completely by the Don. 

i guess that that will only come with more exposure so he has to get more playing time somehow.  Interesting thoughts about him playing more centrally - he has more chance of bulking up than Riyad so perhaps he could live in that area of the pitch and hold his own physically. (If he is prepared to do the tough work in the gym)

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

For the ten minutes or so he played on Sunday, he was constantly looking over to claudio to gauge if his defensive position was correct. Within our playing pattern, he has some tactical work still to do before he is trusted completely by the Don. 

i guess that that will only come with more exposure so he has to get more playing time somehow.  Interesting thoughts about him playing more centrally - he has more chance of bulking up than Riyad so perhaps he could live in that area of the pitch and hold his own physically. (If he is prepared to do the tough work in the gym)

Have you seen the guy's physique!? Players bounce off him, and when he's in full flight he's very hard to stop.Don't think he needs gym work more tactical work.

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Albrighton so out of form?????????? Have a word. 

Along with Drinky he's our most consistent player, just less noticeable as he spends most of the game defending.  

We cant have bin watching the same Albrighton then because everytime ive saw him play which is a lot this season he just smashes it up top 2 no1 and gives the ball back 2 the other team also every team has worked out wot he is going to do cut back onto his right foot because he has no left foot wotsoever 

14 minutes ago, lcfcdamo said:

We cant have bin watching the same Albrighton then because everytime ive saw him play which is a lot this season he just smashes it up top 2 no1 and gives the ball back 2 the other team also every team has worked out wot he is going to do cut back onto his right foot because he has no left foot wotsoever 

Albrighton, like Vardy , has been made ineffective by teams tactics. When he gets the ball, he looks to get it over the top as quickly as possible for Vardy, or put a cross in. Teams know this, so sit deep to stop the ball over the top and force him onto his left foot.

I think both Albrighton & the team would benefit, if he and Mahrez swap wings. However, its harsh to give criticism to Albrighton, because some of his defensive contribution has helped us gain points (Porto).

One thing is for sure, don't write off Albrighton because he is a quality player, gives us his all and is our best crosser.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Albrighton, like Vardy , has been made ineffective by teams tactics. When he gets the ball, he looks to get it over the top as quickly as possible for Vardy, or put a cross in. Teams know this, so sit deep to stop the ball over the top and force him onto his left foot.

I think both Albrighton & the team would benefit, if he and Mahrez swap wings. However, its harsh to give criticism to Albrighton, because some of his defensive contribution has helped us gain points (Porto).

One thing is for sure, don't write off Albrighton because he is a quality player, gives us his all and is our best crosser.

I agree i think he would be so much better on the right but for some reason we never get to see him on the right maybe we will when the acon is but i just think hes getting so predictable on the left that we need to give someone else a chance and gray more than deserve at least a couple of games there 

• Like 1