Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Nope, I think he IS putting Mahrez to shame.

Mahrez was our talisman. The player of the season no less and has gone from role model, lots of effort, quality player...to nearly nothing.

Gray is busting a gut. He's far from the finished article but it's great to see him having a real go. 

Mahrez don't even look like he's trying. Shameful.

You're off subject. I didn't comment on Gray at all. You were in fact trashing Mahrez last January 2016 the same way you're doing here but he proved you and others wrong. You're still wrong. NO ONE CAN put Mahrez to shame. Out of form? yes. Underperforming with this team? maybe. But Mahrez's class is on another level. I'm not trying to convince you personally because I know that's impossible. I'm just responding to your trashing of a player (in another player's thread) to the rest of us who happened to play league football.

Edited by MattCan
  • Like 2

He's evolving steadily and was our only creative threat against Swansea. He needs to keep being selfless so as to keep defenders guessing as to when he's going to lay the ball off immediately, whether he's going to to pick out a runner or whether he's going to attack the box directly.

It keeps his markers guessing and is a vital tool for a winger.

Both Gray and Mahrez are sometimes guilty of trying to do too much themselves with the result that they run into cul-de-sacs, lose control or fall over while making their opponents' jobs a lot easier.

Mix it up cleverly and defenders have much harder decisions to make.           

41 minutes ago, MattCan said:

You're off subject. I didn't comment on Gray at all. You were in fact trashing Mahrez last January 2016 the same way you're doing here but he proved you and others wrong. You're still wrong. NO ONE CAN put Mahrez to shame. Out of form? yes. Underperforming with this team? maybe. But Mahrez's class is on another level. I'm not trying to convince you personally because I know that's impossible. I'm just responding to your trashing of a player (in another player's thread) to the rest of us who happened to play league football.

I don't think anyone is trashing Mahrez but pointing out that at the moment he is totally ineffective, both in terms of an attacking threat and his defensive work (does he know how to tackle ??) ....     he is a luxury player who, when the team is playing well, can win a match ...   but when the team is playing rubbish, (and boy are we playing rubbish !!), we need eleven battlers ..   and he isn't one !   Gray, who plays in a similar role to Mahrez, should get the nod over him every time for now.  The only exception to this may perhaps be the CL match, when I have a feeling he will raise his game and could even shine.   Until his spirit and non existent confidence returns he should warm the bench.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MattCan said:

Then you clearly don't read the forum. I've posted many times I think Mahrez is a 'world class player' and that he's our only talisman.

But not at present. His performances pretty much all season have been shameful, especially for a player who is so good.

For fook sake, if you want to make a point, keep up!

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

I don't think anyone is trashing Mahrez but pointing out that at the moment he is totally ineffective, both in terms of an attacking threat and his defensive work (does he know how to tackle ??) ....     he is a luxury player who, when the team is playing well, can win a match ...   but when the team is playing rubbish, (and boy are we playing rubbish !!), we need eleven battlers ..   and he isn't one !   Gray, who plays in a similar role to Mahrez, should get the nod over him every time for now.  The only exception to this may perhaps be the CL match, when I have a feeling he will raise his game and could even shine.   Until his spirit and non existent confidence returns he should warm the bench.   

Pretty much spot on.

2 hours ago, Thracian said:

He's evolving steadily and was our only creative threat against Swansea. He needs to keep being selfless so as to keep defenders guessing as to when he's going to lay the ball off immediately, whether he's going to to pick out a runner or whether he's going to attack the box directly.

It keeps his markers guessing and is a vital tool for a winger.

Both Gray and Mahrez are sometimes guilty of trying to do too much themselves with the result that they run into cul-de-sacs, lose control or fall over while making their opponents' jobs a lot easier.

Mix it up cleverly and defenders have much harder decisions to make.           

As far as I remember, the most dangerous attacks came from Mahrez.

Mahrez to Slim to Fabianski

Mahrez Ndidi to Slim to Vardy to row Z

Edited by ZeGuy
For the sake of historical accuracy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MattCan said:

You're off subject. I didn't comment on Gray at all. You were in fact trashing Mahrez last January 2016 the same way you're doing here but he proved you and others wrong. You're still wrong. NO ONE CAN put Mahrez to shame. Out of form? yes. Underperforming with this team? maybe. But Mahrez's class WAS on another level. I'm not trying to convince you personally because I know that's impossible. I'm just responding to your trashing of a player (in another player's thread) to the rest of us who happened to play league football.

Fixed it for you. It most certainly WAS last season. This season, when we need him most, it's missing. The same thing can be said about other players, but Mahrez and Vardy were our star players last season, so for them the expectation bar is set higher. Sadly it seems both our golden boys turned to something completely different over the summer. As did the others.

They say form is temporary and class is permanent, but we rarely witness Mahrez's match-winning brilliance this season. World class players are able carry their team, it's simple as that. Mahrez looks like he wants to play in the Championship next season. No doubt he'll sign for some decent Premier League team when Leicester get relegated and maybe even will rediscover his lost brilliance next season. But this season he underperformed not only with Leicester, he was poor for Algeria as well, except for one good AFCON game against Zimbabwe. Just for the sake of comparison, Mohamed Salah, who IS world class, was able to carry a poor Egypt team all the way to the final.

The further we are in the season, the more Mahrez looks like a one trick pony, trying and failing another of his predictable stepovers. People wouldn't mind that much if he put up more effort. The thing is, as soon as tries and fails few crosses and dribbles, he tends to go AWOL. At this point in time Leicester desperately need the old Mahrez (and Vardy, and Drinkwater, and few others) back.  

I agree with what was said above. Gray is more effective than Riyad and his effort alone puts Mahrez to shame. Sadly it's not very hard these days. Mahrez, as most of our players, has been effectively self-shaming all season with his poor displays.

7 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

As far as I remember, the most dangerous attacks came from Mahrez.

Mahrez to Slim to Fabianski

Mahrez to Slim to Vardy to row Z

Somebody has to take their Mahrez-glasses off lol That was Ndidi mate! 

Gray was better than Riyad against Swans. Not a lot better, but better. First half he was our only spark in attack. In the second he disappeared a bit, got tired towards the end as he pressed a lot from the start. I thought Mahrez actually had a mediocre game compared to most of team, but judging by last year's standards he was rather poor.

11 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Somebody has to take their Mahrez-glasses off lol That was Ndidi mate

Gray was better than Riyad against Swans. Not a lot better, but better. First half he was our only spark in attack. In the second he disappeared a bit, got tired towards the end as he pressed a lot from the start. I thought Mahrez actually had a mediocre game compared to most of team, but judging by last year's standards he was rather poor.

Ah well, my bad then.

Don't think mahrez had a good game either. Can't remember his last good game or when i gave him more than 6 or 7 tbh. He shows only glimpses of what he can. I don't know anymore if it's because the whole team is shit and he got dragged down or he's indeed a one trick pony. But even then, he's still one of our best players by a country mile and people here are a bit too fast to slate him. It has something to do with the high expectations I guess.

Edited by ZeGuy

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

It is sad that people want him to be even more selfish because players around him are lacking in the "quality" department, a thing that mahrez was slated for last and this season is being admired because the one being selfish is gray. 

Some people want while the others don't. I'm all for the team game so I'm equally frustrated when Gray, Mahrez or any other player tend not to notice his teammates and prefers to complicate things when better and simpler option is available. Some players are skilled enough to be selfish while the others simply don't. Most of the fans remember what Mahrez was capable of last season, thats probably why they expect "a moment of brilliance" from him.

My expectations at this time in the season are simple. Give it all you've got and show it on the pitch. Week in week out. In or out of form, doesn't matter, but show some fighting spirit. Every other attitude is unacceptable to me. It's the worst time for the club to carry passengers, but we have an abundance of those at the moment.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Fixed it for you. It most certainly WAS last season. This season, when we need him most, it's missing. The same thing can be said about other players, but Mahrez and Vardy were our star players last season, so for them the expectation bar is set higher. Sadly it seems both our golden boys turned to something completely different over the summer. As did the others.

They say form is temporary and class is permanent, but we rarely witness Mahrez's match-winning brilliance this season. World class players are able carry their team, it's simple as that. Mahrez looks like he wants to play in the Championship next season. No doubt he'll sign for some decent Premier League team when Leicester get relegated and maybe even will rediscover his lost brilliance next season. But this season he underperformed not only with Leicester, he was poor for Algeria as well, except for one good AFCON game against Zimbabwe. Just for the sake of comparison, Mohamed Salah, who IS world class, was able to carry a poor Egypt team all the way to the final.

The further we are in the season, the more Mahrez looks like a one trick pony, trying and failing another of his predictable stepovers. People wouldn't mind that much if he put up more effort. The thing is, as soon as tries and fails few crosses and dribbles, he tends to go AWOL. At this point in time Leicester desperately need the old Mahrez (and Vardy, and Drinkwater, and few others) back.  

I agree with what was said above. Gray is more effective than Riyad and his effort alone puts Mahrez to shame. Sadly it's not very hard these days. Mahrez, as most of our players, has been effectively self-shaming all season with his poor displays.

lollollol  Your Salah couldn't play in the Premier League and got deported to Serie A.

Mahrez dominated the Premier League ... lollollol

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

ps: don't touch (fix) my posts plz ... I'm not you ...

Edited by MattCan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

?!

Just now, MattCan said:

lollollol  Your Salah couldn't play in the Premier League and got deported to Serie A.

Mahrez dominated the Premier League ... lollollol

ps: don't touch (fix) my posts plz ... I'm not you ...

DOMINATED. Past tense, mate. Please, forget about last season already. Just one look at the table should do as a reality check.

We need him NOW (as we need all the others). Not to dominate PL anymore, that may be too much of a task atm. Simply to keep us above the relegation zone. Do you think he can do that? I have to say I'm slowly losing faith in him. I hope he'll somehow prove me wrong. If the real Riyad Mahrez will finally turn up and start winning us games as he did last season, I'll be happy to offer my sincere apologies. To you, to him or anyone who feels offended. There's still time, but I cant say I'm holding my breath.

Don't get me wrong. I understand where you're coming from and I think I can tell who's your favourite player by now, but surely even you can see Mahrez isn't exactly up to the task this season? Sadly "my" crappy Salah shines in Roma this season (having played five less games has twice as many goals and assists Riyad has) and managed to overshadow Mahrez during AFCON (let me remind you two draws, one loss for Algeria). But let's forget these comparisons. My point was, and is, that we badly need last season's Mahrez now. This current less-than-world-class version we have just won't cut it.

Apologies if you felt I was post-harassing you. My intentions were pure :wub: 

9 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

DOMINATED. Past tense, mate. Please, forget about last season already. Just one look at the table should do as a reality check.

We need him NOW (as we need all the others). Not to dominate PL anymore, that may be too much of a task atm. Simply to keep us above the relegation zone. Do you think he can do that? I have to say I'm slowly losing faith in him. I hope he'll somehow prove me wrong. If the real Riyad Mahrez will finally turn up and start winning us games as he did last season, I'll be happy to offer my sincere apologies. To you, to him or anyone who feels offended. There's still time, but I cant say I'm holding my breath.

Don't get me wrong. I understand where you're coming from and I think I can tell who's your favourite player by now, but surely even you can see Mahrez isn't exactly up to the task this season? Sadly "my" crappy Salah shines in Roma this season (having played five less games has twice as many goals and assists Riyad has) and managed to overshadow Mahrez during AFCON (let me remind you two draws, one loss for Algeria). But let's forget these comparisons. My point was, and is, that we badly need last season's Mahrez now. This current less-than-world-class version we have just won't cut it.

Apologies if you felt I was post-harassing you. My intentions were pure :wub: 

Salah ?!   lollollol

You just don't make sense  lol  So, Gabon not passing the first round on their home soil implies for you that Aubameyang suddenly became $hit ??!! lollollollollol  Go review your sense of logic man .. smh .. lollol pause lollollollol

Just now, MattCan said:

Salah ?!   lollollol

You just don't make sense  lol  So, Gabon not passing the first round on their home soil implies for you that Aubameyang suddenly became $hit ??!! lollollollollol  Go review your sense of logic man .. smh .. lollol pause lollollollol

You make much less sense clinging to the past regarding Mahrez. It's very convenient for you to concentrate on slating Salah (or whoever who happens not to be Mahrez) and be totally blind to Riyad's shortcomings this season. The fact that you use almost as many smiles as letters indicates you're short of arguments.

• 1 month later...

Got a bit of stick today, looks great but needs to just work on his final product.

Was delighted to see this, after the game.

IMG_5107.thumb.PNG.285111453fc66d1f6774301ef635e17a.PNGsome have questioned his attitude, but I felt this demonstrates he is willing to learn and improve. Well played lad!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Got a bit of stick today, looks great but needs to just work on his final product.

IMG_5107.thumb.PNG.285111453fc66d1f6774301ef635e17a.PNGsome have questioned his attitude, but I felt this demonstrates he is willing to learn and improve. Well played lad!

But, Mahrez doesn't need any lesson from Gray…. surely?

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I was just about to post in here saying it looked like mahrez was telling gray as they came off of the pitch to look up for a pass or a give and go rather than always going alone. 

I really hope Gray sat on the bench after being subbed and watched Albrighton and realised why Albrighton has received all the praise and managed to do more in half an hour than he had managed in the previous hour. I'd rather he had a bit of influence off Albrighton than Mahrez, the Mahrez side of his game is sorted.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I really hope Gray sat on the bench after being subbed and watched Albrighton and realised why Albrighton has received all the praise and managed to do more in half an hour than he had managed in the previous hour. I'd rather he had a bit of influence off Albrighton than Mahrez, the Mahrez side of his game is sorted.

Excellent post. Completely agree.

48 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

yep definitely, mahrez can do amazing things occasionally, he can also do a lot of lazy, half hearted stuff, alrbighton can do a lot of committed, 100% stuff and nice stuff occasionally.

The Albrighton's of the footballing world are worth their weight in gold.

They know what they are. They know their abilities and limitations. And they always give you 100 %. Without fail.

There is no pretention, Billy big bollox or any of that stuff.

Priceless this type of player...

• Like 4