Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

15 minutes ago, MattCan said:

I think I'm right. You can't equate tons of criticism, permanent scapegoating, and sheer abuse with what is said about Vardy, Drinkwater, or Andy King. Naaah.

So people giving Vardy and his missus abuse when he might have left for Arsenal, some people asking to sell Drinkwater whenever he hits a patch of rough form and people calling Kingy barely championship standard isn't similar to what happens to Mahrez? We aren't slagging him off wishing he would leave our club. We want him to find form and do well. But he won the PFA player of the year and deserved to, but with that rightly or wrongly there are expectations that he now has. People look to him as our main creative player and people will compare him to last season rather then the team performances as he is our magician and he won us points by himself last year whereas this year he hasn't done it to as great an extent.

I dont believe people expect him to defend, carry the ball from defense, beat 2 or 3 players then create a good opportunity to score. But I don't think its unreasonable to ask him to do one or two parts of that per move just to keep our attacks flowing.

If he stays with us over the summer I think we will see a better Mahrez as he won't have these expectations and other teams might begin to back off of him again.

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Who will be the scapegoat when Mahrez leaves? Or will things just carry on as they are and each player gets their fair share of criticism when they under perform. Yeh thought so. 

Slimani, who else?

What is wrong with you all. Go to the Mahrez thread if you want to discuss him. How about we talk about Gray. You know, the player who this thread is actually about.

He would have felt hard done by with not getting on the pitch but Shakey was probably weary of using all 3 subs in case of an injury to Morgan which in the end was the right thing to do.

I was surprised that Chilwell came on but once I saw the formation we played he was the best man for the job. I like Gray but he still needs to improve his game, hopefully we can give him some games where he actually gets 90 minutes.

3 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Slimani, who else?

Nah he'll leave as well. And they can take all the Algeria fan boys with them (I'm not saying you're an Algeria fan boy BTW but we do have a fair few on here) 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Nah he'll leave as well. And they can take all the Algeria fan boys with them (I'm not saying you're an Algeria fan boy BTW but we do have a fair few on here) 

Fanboys? Attacking the messenger now ...:huh:

I would play him for the rest of the season in place of Mahrez, in part because I think Riyad is gone in the summer but also he will only improve if we actually play him, English football needs to get over this fear of playing young players, a spanish player with Gray's talent would have nearly 200 appearances at the different league levels by now, Gray has about half that many

He can't grumble at not being brought on last night 

the formation we played, he wouldn't do the running of the wing-backs and we weren't going to sub mahrez off who was trying to take on people 

If we'd stuck at 442 then he would probably come on 

He needs to stop sulking and accept that there are 3 great wingers in this team 

Albrighton didn't sulk and earnt his place back with 2 great assists against stoke 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

He can't grumble at not being brought on last night 

the formation we played, he wouldn't do the running of the wing-backs and we weren't going to sub mahrez off who was trying to take on people 

If we'd stuck at 442 then he would probably come on 

He needs to stop sulking and accept that there are 3 great wingers in this team 

Albrighton didn't sulk and earnt his place back with 2 great assists against stoke 

To be fair, Albrighton has started all season and missed those 1.5 games due to illness. Bit different to Gray who has had barely any game time all season.

Gray is young. He is ambitious and wants to be playing. I don't see the problem if that frustrates him.

His so called sulks are hardly having an affect on the team spirit. Everyone always seems to be buzzing in training, himself included.

15 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I would play him for the rest of the season in place of Mahrez, in part because I think Riyad is gone in the summer but also he will only improve if we actually play him, English football needs to get over this fear of playing young players, a spanish player with Gray's talent would have nearly 200 appearances at the different league levels by now, Gray has about half that many

I think it would make sense to play Vardy/Slimani together for the majority of the remaining games and also start Gray for a handful of them too. 

We need 1 win to be safe and I think it would be a massive help for next season, if we can make a decision on whether a Vardy/Slim partnership can work and also whether Gray can prove his potential is good enough for him to be starting next season. As that is what he wants and he will probably look to force a move if he can't here, so lets give him a chance in these remaining 6 games. 

Just now, Gerard said:

In hindsight to how the game went in the second half he should have been on in place of Chilwell.

we could have brought him on for Morgan and dropped NDidi back to CB

Just now, Jimmy said:

we could have brought him on for Morgan and dropped NDidi back to CB

I agree, at the time Morgan came off tactics were out the window. We needed two goals in about 10 minutes.

I'd have brought him on because he can cause havoc and Atletico were just interested in defending. We could have gone 2-4-4

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

To be fair, Albrighton has started all season and missed those 1.5 games due to illness. Bit different to Gray who has had barely any game time all season.

Gray is young. He is ambitious and wants to be playing. I don't see the problem if that frustrates him.

His so called sulks are hardly having an affect on the team spirit. Everyone always seems to be buzzing in training, himself included.

9 starts and as many sub apps is hardly no game time.

Plenty of time to make a impact! 

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

9 starts and as many sub apps is hardly no game time.

Plenty of time to make a impact! 

not if he starts out the blue then disappears again for months before popping up on the bench then starting a random game, he needs a run of games, where he knows he will start and won;'t get dragged after 60 mins to actually get into the flow of things and not try to do it all in one go

• Like 1

how can you possibly tell he's sulking its a picture of him with his hood up where you can barely see his face.

also its a player upset that his team has been knocked out of the CL, whether he played or not he should be down, seriously people are making shit up to knock this lad and I have no idea why

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

not if he starts out the blue then disappears again for months before popping up on the bench then starting a random game, he needs a run of games, where he knows he will start and won;'t get dragged after 60 mins to actually get into the flow of things and not try to do it all in one go

He has to take he's chance, he's been up against Albrighton and Mahrez for he's place in the side.

Albrighton is workrate, who is very consistent, and has contributed 1 goal and 5 assists and Mahrez 5 goals and 3 assists. He has his work cut out! 

For me I would have played him from the start last night in a number 10 role.

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

The picture he posted wasn't from last night. You're just being a bit silly aren't you

If it's not a picture taken last night, and admittedly I didn't look at it too closely, then I'm probably wrong about the message I took from it.

That said, one look at the comments leads me to believe that I'm not alone in taking it the way that I did, and that says something. Even if he didn't mean it that way.

Edited by UPinCarolina

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He has to take he's chance, he's been up against Albrighton and Mahrez for he's place in the side.

Albrighton is workrate, who is very consistent, and has contributed 1 goal and 5 assists and Mahrez 5 goals and 3 assists. He has his work cut out! 

For me I would have played him from the start last night in a number 10 role.

he took his chance in his last start and then was dragged at half time despite not playing badly the following game, Mahrez gets away with doing far less for far longer before he's subbed, for example, Gray needs to know for a run of games he will start and not be dragged off early to let him settle in the side, the remaining 6 games of this season are the perfect chance to do just that