Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

17 hours ago, MPH said:

i'd say that chelsea is of course a much tougher game that copenhagen so its more likely that Mahrez will start against chelsea and will then come on against copenhagen if we are not winning by the 60th minute. Our two early victories has certainly afforded us a couple more options...

I'm not sure if they have afforded us much yet. There are still 4 games to go and we play Copenhagen in the next 2 matches and Porto meet Brugge twice in a row too.

Copenhagen got a very good point in Portugal and hammered Brugge in their other game. Our 2 Copenhagen games could be very tight indeed. It's feasible that we could lose them both by a single goal and for Porto to comfortably beat Brugge in both games, leaving us in third place with 2 games to go.

I know that's a pessimistic scenario but I think these Copenhagen games are crucial: they're our nearest rivals at present.

What all this means in terms of which game to favour out of Chelsea away and Copenhagen at home, and whether Mahrez starts ahead of Gray in one and vice versa in the other is anyone's guess. Personally I think Ranieri will start Mahrez and Albrighton in both.

He's scored 1 goal against Kazakhstan and now everyone is calling for him to start against Chelsea and be called up to the England senior squad.

This is exactly why the England national team will never succeed.

52 minutes ago, Adster said:

He's scored 1 goal against Kazakhstan and now everyone is calling for him to start against Chelsea and be called up to the England senior squad.

No he should of bin in our starting 11 more than the once this season after all is good sub appearances hes had for us and the other reason Albrighton has bin really poor this season in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Adster said:

I actually think its the opposite reason why the England team doesn't succeed. For too long they put their faith in players who are simply not performing and do not play players who are in form..

But i will agree at what you may of been hinting at, and that being that Grey might not be ready to star for England... but i'd love for him to be given a few minutes off the bench..

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Tuna said:

He'd be stupid to leave now. He needs to stay at Leicester (as long as we are in the prem) for the next 2/3 seasons before he moves. He's not gonna replace countinho or mane.

Edited by AmarteyAndChill

On 10/7/2016 at 18:00, WigstonWanderer said:

Yes, a conundrum.

why ? just because he is petulant?

if you're Ulloa ..(save the bacon a few times for CR & he puts him into the freezer) you'd be petulant too.

Gray 's been consistently good attacking. yeah sure everyone has to defend.. BUT have you seen the back 4 defending. They just stand at the perimeter.

That's where opposition teams have been taking advantage all season. Guys just stand at the box & wait

On 2/9/2017 at 14:53, AmarteyAndChill said:

He'd be stupid to leave now. He needs to stay at Leicester (as long as we are in the prem) for the next 2/3 seasons before he moves. He's not gonna replace countinho or mane.

there is no point hanging around as with most young players/imports at LCFC because you simply don;t get a look-in.. they buy & put you in the deep freezer.

when they are desperate - like now - they might unwrap you for a thaw. read - Benny.

The way this club manage the playing resources is just plain shocking. Not sure of it is the fault & folly of Rudkin or CR.

someone has go

Edited by erlee

21 minutes ago, erlee said:

there is no point hanging around as with most young players/imports at LCFC because you simply don;t get a look-in.. they buy & put you in the deep freezer.

when they are desperate - like now - they might unwrap you for a thaw. read - Benny.

The way this club manage the playing resources is just plain shocking. Not sure of it is the fault & folly of Rudkin or CR.

someone has go

You can only ever play 11 players though with a team you pick to win a match. A good case in point would be Kaputska. How many people were excited when we got him, I know I was, though all I knew of him was the Euros. Some on here have been demanding to see him and there's been at times an implied thought by some that he's one of those like you mention, that gets put into the deep freeze and we waste an opportunity and a talent. We saw him for 80 minutes the other night and guess what?  You can see he's got technical ability but Ranieri is right, he's nowhere near a regular berth in the Premiership. Gray is now starting to look the real deal is he not. We also knew he had oceans of natural ability when he first came.  But...could it not be that this has come to fruition because he's been introduced gradually rather than dumped in at the deep end and lose confidence because of the attitude of a few fickle fans if he makes several mistakes. He's a great prospect prone to the odd misjudgement like holding onto the ball too long on the odd occasion, but this is part of his learning curve and to be accepted, however, it is at a frequency now that is acceptable. Kaputska however was a little different at this point in his journey against Derby reserves. Whilst I don't want to criticise too much on his negatives as he clearly has ability and did OK,  he was too easily knocked off the ball and he gave away or otherwise lost the ball far too often for a Premiership start which would be an even sterner test. We have to trust those who watch him day in day out.

More so now than ever a manager lives or dies by results and there's little room for playing young prospects unless they are at a certain level. NP and Ranieri are both decent managers so there must have been good reason why neither of them persisted with Krameric for example.

12 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

You can only ever play 11 players though with a team you pick to win a match. A good case in point would be Kaputska. How many people were excited when we got him, I know I was, though all I knew of him was the Euros. Some on here have been demanding to see him and there's been at times an implied thought by some that he's one of those like you mention, that gets put into the deep freeze and we waste an opportunity and a talent. We saw him for 80 minutes the other night and guess what?  You can see he's got technical ability but Ranieri is right, he's nowhere near a regular berth in the Premiership. Gray is now starting to look the real deal is he not. We also knew he had oceans of natural ability when he first came.  But...could it not be that this has come to fruition because he's been introduced gradually rather than dumped in at the deep end and lose confidence because of the attitude of a few fickle fans if he makes several mistakes. He's a great prospect prone to the odd misjudgement like holding onto the ball too long on the odd occasion, but this is part of his learning curve and to be accepted, however, it is at a frequency now that is acceptable. Kaputska however was a little different at this point in his journey against Derby reserves. Whilst I don't want to criticise too much on his negatives as he clearly has ability and did OK,  he was too easily knocked off the ball and he gave away or otherwise lost the ball far too often for a Premiership start which would be an even sterner test. We have to trust those who watch him day in day out.

More so now than ever a manager lives or dies by results and there's little room for playing young prospects unless they are at a certain level. NP and Ranieri are both decent managers so there must have been good reason why neither of them persisted with Krameric for example.

On your point with Kapustka I thought he played well in the number 10 role and did more effectively everything the Okazaki has done this season. He closed down, linked the attack and covered ground all over the pitch. For me the number 10 role order should be Gray, Kapustka then Okazaki.

people seem to be using the fact he didn't do anything amazing as a criticism but surely being a solid 6/10 is better then what Okazaki has been this season with his constant falling over and failing to pick a pass recently. Why not give him some more time off the bench in the second half of the season to develop more and if his form becomes better then Okazaki, then take the spot from him if Gray plays left wing?

41 minutes ago, TheMightySystem said:

On your point with Kapustka I thought he played well in the number 10 role and did more effectively everything the Okazaki has done this season. He closed down, linked the attack and covered ground all over the pitch. For me the number 10 role order should be Gray, Kapustka then Okazaki.

people seem to be using the fact he didn't do anything amazing as a criticism but surely being a solid 6/10 is better then what Okazaki has been this season with his constant falling over and failing to pick a pass recently. Why not give him some more time off the bench in the second half of the season to develop more and if his form becomes better then Okazaki, then take the spot from him if Gray plays left wing?

So a 6/10 performance against Derby reserves and it's suddenly better than Okazaki has done all season.... really?

Just now, Babylon said:

So a 6/10 performance against Derby reserves and it's suddenly better than Okazaki has done all season.... really?

Maybe not all season but how much of an impact has Okazaki had recently? Yes he runs around a lot but he doesn't link the play that well in my opinion and isn't very good at keeping the ball. If we are aiming to be a more passing side then Gray and Kapustka would be my choice, if we want to counter attack then it would be Gray and Okazaki.

why not give him 30 minutes against Swansea, if he doesn't get a chance against better opposition then we will never know.

Also it may be Derby reserves but do you think that first goal would have happened if it was Okazaki instead of Kapustka? My money would have been Okazaki falling over for a freekick instead of what happened.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Babylon said:

No its yet another example of someone jumping on the band wagon and making out one of our players performed better than they actually did.

Derby were shite. They weren't even playing Ince or Hughes. Swansea won't be.

The Derby game was NO judge as to what is to come on Sunday.

However, many on this forum just don't seem to get that. 

Edited by Col city fan

Actually Gray has been a breath of fresh air every time hes played.. you get the bla bla greedy moans but least hes the only one trying to attack. He just needs to play more percentage balls thats it.

Signed a 4 year contract last january and is a future english star so at teh going rate hes worth about 45 million lol

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No its yet another example of someone jumping on the band wagon and making out one of our players performed better than they actually did.

Derby were shite. They weren't even playing Ince or Hughes. Swansea won't be.

The Derby game was NO judge as to what is to come on Sunday.

However, many on this forum just don't seem to get that. 

I personally thought he was a 6/10 but that's opinions I guess. The one part of my statement I do regret was comparing the performance to the whole of Okazaki's season, I should have compared it to his current form which again in my opinion has been below average. I'm not clamouring for Kapustka to start but surely giving him 30-20 minutes off the bench can't hurt?

1 minute ago, Bablemikey said:

He's getting better the more game time he gets unsurprisingly. The concern I have though is that when he and Mahrez occupy the wide spots our defensive capabilities are considerably reduced and our midfield becomes too lightweight for my liking.

Thats why it seems we could be pushing a 4231 formation.. Ndidi and someone sitting much like spurs have Sissoko/Wanyama sitting or Wanyama/Dier...

1 hour ago, TheMightySystem said:

Maybe not all season but how much of an impact has Okazaki had recently?

Fair enough, not much. But we can't all just forget what he's done before and suddenly relegate him to the stiffs.

Yes he runs around a lot but he doesn't link the play that well in my opinion and isn't very good at keeping the ball. If we are aiming to be a more passing side then Gray and Kapustka would be my choice.

Both Kapustka and Okazaki had the worst possession loss stats from both games against Derby. So perhaps we're not judging fairly their?

If we are aiming to be a more passing side then Gray and Kapustka would be my choice

It would be mine, presuming he's actually up to that level. A competent performance against Derby doesn't really convince me of that, when yes he showed good feet. But also showed a lack of any pace, strength, trickery etc that might gain you an extra yard or make you space against much bigger, much quicker and much better premier league players.

Why not give him 30 minutes against Swansea, if he doesn't get a chance against better opposition then we will never know.

Because I don't buy into the "give em a chance" stuff and never had. Why should he get a chance when people outperforming him in the u21's get loaned to MK Dons? He gets daily chances to look good enough, he got a chance the other night and just looked ok. It's not really down to us to decide if he's good enough, that's the managers choice. I leave it to them rather than calling for someone to play just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Also it may be Derby reserves but do you think that first goal would have happened if it was Okazaki instead of Kapustka? My money would have been Okazaki falling over for a freekick instead of what happened.

We were one of the highest scorers last season with him in the team and won the league as well... I think it's a bit over the top to class him as some sort of clown that would just get in the way.

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Fair enough, not much. But we can't all just forget what he's done before and suddenly relegate him to the stiffs.

Both Kapustka and Okazaki had the worst possession loss stats from both games against Derby. So perhaps we're not judging fairly their?

It would be mine, presuming he's actually up to that level. A competent performance against Derby doesn't really convince me of that, when yes he showed good feet. But also showed a lack of any pace, strength, trickery etc that might gain you an extra yard or make you space against much bigger, much quicker and much better premier league players.

Because I don't buy into the "give em a chance" stuff and never had. Why should he get a chance when people outperforming him in the u21's get loaned to MK Dons? He gets daily chances to look good enough, he got a chance the other night and just looked ok. It's not really down to us to decide if he's good enough, that's the managers choice. I leave it to them rather than calling for someone to play just to satisfy my own curiosity.

We were one of the highest scorers last season with him in the team and won the league as well... I think it's a bit over the top to class him as some sort of clown that would just get in the way.

Fair arguments and I have been a bit ignorant to the possession loss stats so thanks for bringing that to my attention.

I guess im just wanting to look for something to change in the first team, we have been playing poorly for a few months now with little change, why not shake things up a bit instead of going with a tried and tested formula that hasn't been working to great effect this season. I hope Okazaki finds form but how long can he keep putting in below average performances when we have a possible back-up who has been dying for some first team football. I understand the point about it only being Derby but Fuchs and Kante didn't set the world on fire against Bury in the cup yet we know how good they are though. As I stated I would play Gray over Okazaki at CAM and leave Kapustka and Okazaki to fight for a bench spot although I would imagine Okazaki would win that fight at the moment.

Hopefully next year he can start getting more football bit like Gray, but as you pointed out its down to the manager so hopefully he can impress.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

If he actually performed when he got his chance to start a game then the management would start him. He generally doesn't though and has had more impact off the bench.

I think he should start based on the fact that the alternative have been started most of the season and have been poor. If Gray performed like Albrighton has this season he'd be banned from starting for us by CR. Okazaki has offered us feck all recently and he starts more games than Gray. 

It doesn't help when he starts 1 game and then is on the bench for the next 3/4. No momentum or consistency.