Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

he needs to be playing more for us, i know we don't want to rush his development but still. has been playing brilliantly for England u-21 recently and his performances have been highly praised by the coach there.we need to get him in the starting eleven and see what he can do. i know we have a lot of wide players at the moment but he just seems to be on top of his game at the moment and we need to coach him appropriately to get him a mix of game time and recuperation time

He's up for the European Golden Boy award. Best u21 player in Europe. It's a mix of public vote and journalist opinions. 

Would be good to bump him up the rankings :thumbup:

Vote link: http://www.tuttosport.com/sondaggi/calcio/2016/09/29-15876453/vota_il_golden_boy_2016_scegli_il_tuo_preferito/

Currently on 184 (0% of the vote). 

Donnarumma currently top with 11%. 

14 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Any idea why he didn't start for the 21's after really impressing v Kazakhstan? Anyone reckon Ranieri asked for him to be rested a bit so he can play a bit more rested v Chelsea? 

With it being a dead rubber they probably just wanted to have a look at some of the fringe players in competitive action. Redmond came on at the same time as Gray.

36 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

He's up for the European Golden Boy award. Best u21 player in Europe. It's a mix of public vote and journalist opinions. 

Would be good to bump him up the rankings :thumbup:

Vote link: http://www.tuttosport.com/sondaggi/calcio/2016/09/29-15876453/vota_il_golden_boy_2016_scegli_il_tuo_preferito/

Currently on 184 (0% of the vote). 

Donnarumma currently top with 11%. 

No surprise that An Italian player playing for an Italian club is leading the voting on an Italian Publication...

22 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Any idea why he didn't start for the 21's after really impressing v Kazakhstan? Anyone reckon Ranieri asked for him to be rested a bit so he can play a bit more rested v Chelsea? 

They made 9 changes. Galloway played at left back twice as Chilwell is injured. So no favoritism there. Clalobah was the other and he was pulled at the half. I doubt it has anything to do with Ranieri.

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Must be high on confidence.

Have to say he's not far off Mahrez, or actually even better than Mahrez was his age?

Yeah he is. Mahrez was playing for Le Havre reserve side in the French second tier at 20. Gray is impressing at Premier League level at 20.

I fear Ranieri will go with tried and tested against both Chelsea and Copenhagen.

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Yeah he is. Mahrez was playing for Le Havre reserve side in the French second tier at 20. Gray is impressing at Premier League level at 20.

I fear Ranieri will go with tried and tested against both Chelsea and Copenhagen.

i'd say that chelsea is of course a much tougher game that copenhagen so its more likely that Mahrez will start against chelsea and will then come on against copenhagen if we are not winning by the 60th minute. Our two early victories has certainly afforded us a couple more options...

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

i'd say that chelsea is of course a much tougher game that copenhagen so its more likely that Mahrez will start against chelsea and will then come on against copenhagen if we are not winning by the 60th minute. Our two early victories has certainly afforded us a couple more options...

I would do the opposite. Mahrez don't travel well and always returns looking off the pace. Play Gray at Chelsea and rest Mahrez. If Gray rips Chelsea a new one play him in the CL to. About time one or two of our players found out they are not indispenceable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I would do the opposite. Mahrez don't travel well and always returns looking off the pace. Play Gray at Chelsea and rest Mahrez. If Gray rips Chelsea a new one play him in the CL to. About time one or two of our players found out they are not indispenceable.

I'd be down for a Mahrez - Gray swap for the game, to both give Gray experience and rest Mahrez, especially if Gray works well at pushing them out wide. And, from what I've heard of Mahrez, I really doubt he's the egotistical type, and that's beside him staying and convincing Slim to join.

I've got a lot of time for Albrighton.  He's got no ego.  He works hard.  He helps out his full back.  And on his day his crosses are almost impossible to defend. It was great to see him get our first ever Champions League goal.  And I still love the fact we got him for free, and from Villa.

But his performance has dipped since last season. His crosses aren't as accurate, which means his assists have dried up.  And he misplaces more passes than he used to.

Demarai Gray looks full of confidence.  He has a cracking shot.  His judgement is good for a young player.  And when he's running at defenders, he gets me on the edge of my seat, like Mahrez did so often last season.  He's an exciting talent.

I would play Albrighton against Chelsea, because I think our defence needs the help against good teams, particularly away from home.  And I would start him against Copenhagen for the same reason.  But I would start Gray against Palace, partly to rest Albrighton, but mainly because Gray deserves it.

Unfortunately we have a heavy schedule or players fly a million miles on international duty and we still play mahrez, Slimani! With champions league Tuesday I'd rather them two being on the bench and giving gray and Musa a shot. so far we've been poor and just played the same lethargic players

I dunno if it's through instruction or stupidity but the whole season long albrighton has just taken a touch and punted it over the top for vardy. except defences are sat deeper. so it doesn't work. but he hasn't seemed to have realised that yet. so he's just booting balls straight to defenders every game. 

9 hours ago, Koke said:

Wrong....2010-11 he played 32 games for Le Harve scoring 13 goals. He was only 19 at the start of the season and turned 20 in the February 

Edited by themightyfin

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Wrong....2010-11 he played 32 games for Le Harve scoring 13 goals. He was only 19 at the start of the season and turned 20 in the February 

Wrong...Those games and goals were for Le Havre II which is their reserve team in the French 4th tier...

Riyad's first French 2nd division goal was 28 September 2012 when he was 21.

Demarai was 17 when he scored his first Championship goal against Blackburn.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

I dunno if it's through instruction or stupidity but the whole season long albrighton has just taken a touch and punted it over the top for vardy. except defences are sat deeper. so it doesn't work. but he hasn't seemed to have realised that yet. so he's just booting balls straight to defenders every game. 

I noticed this and it makes me rage. Same when he takes a touch and crosses to the foot of a defender. 

Appreciate his workrate but it is time for Dem.

6 hours ago, NewEnglandFox said:

Wrong...Those games and goals were for Le Havre II which is their reserve team in the French 4th tier...

Riyad's first French 2nd division goal was 28 September 2012 when he was 21.

Demarai was 17 when he scored his first Championship goal against Blackburn.

Yes your. Correct my bad