Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

Tottally agree with the other comments, Gray needs to learn ALOT and alot fast for him to get a regular place in this team. We cant have two Mahrez's on the pitch and Gray isnt fit to lace Mahrez's boots when it comes to fair and creativity. I would much rather he learns from Albrighton as currently i would rather have Chilwell on the wing than Gray if we arent going to play Albrighton for any reason. Since CS has been incharge there isnt a better player in our squad than Albrighton.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Tottally agree with the other comments, Gray needs to learn ALOT and alot fast for him to get a regular place in this team. We cant have two Mahrez's on the pitch and Gray isnt fit to lace Mahrez's boots when it comes to fair and creativity. I would much rather he learns from Albrighton as currently i would rather have Chilwell on the wing than Gray if we arent going to play Albrighton for any reason. Since CS has been incharge there isnt a better player in our squad than Albrighton.

I find that incredibly harsh when many pundits gave him MOTD against Stoke and he was a threat last night but on a couple of occassions chose to shoot when a pass may have been a better option, similar to what we see with Mahrez. The guy is 20 and needs to be playing and learning. No good, just pulling him out again after 2 games and especially not playing a LB over him. 

Albrighton was excellent when he came on and set up two great goals, but Gray in the first few minutes set up a great chance for Okazaki and had an audacious shot pushed wide by Pickford. I'd start him and Albrighton against Everton and bring on Mahrez for Albrighton during the 2nd half, ready for both of them starting against Atletico. 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I find that incredibly harsh when many pundits gave him MOTD against Stoke and he was a threat last night but on a couple of occassions chose to shoot when a pass may have been a better option, similar to what we see with Mahrez. The guy is 20 and needs to be playing and learning. No good, just pulling him out again after 2 games and especially not playing a LB over him. 

Albrighton was excellent when he came on and set up two great goals, but Gray in the first few minutes set up a great chance for Okazaki and had an audacious shot pushed wide by Pickford. I'd start him and Albrighton against Everton and bring on Mahrez for Albrighton during the 2nd half, ready for both of the starting against Atletico. 

Maybe it was a little bit harsh but it was more to the point that we cant afford to have two wingers that offer little going back as well as forward. I do agree he needs time on the pitch but so does Chilwell and i really see more potential in making him a quality attacking left back and we dont have the luxury of being safe just yet where you could afford to tweak the tactics to allow this to happen. Personally i think Chilwell deserves a chance ahead of Gray against Everton but i wouldnt put him in ahead of Fuchs.

Just now, goose2010 said:

Maybe it was a little bit harsh but it was more to the point that we cant afford to have two wingers that offer little going back as well as forward. I do agree he needs time on the pitch but so does Chilwell and i really see more potential in making him a quality attacking left back and we dont have the luxury of being safe just yet where you could afford to tweak the tactics to allow this to happen. Personally i think Chilwell deserves a chance ahead of Gray against Everton but i wouldnt put him in ahead of Fuchs.

I get what you are saying in terms of making us more solid but Gray and Mahrez have started both the last 2 games and we haven't conceded, so I don't think it's an area we should be too concerned about yet and I think having a player with Gray's speed on the left, really helps pin the opposition back and you could see against Stoke especially, they were terrified of him running at them. 

He looks like a guy desperate to make an impact and play, and so is perhaps forcing things and trying to score everytime he gets the ball. You could see Mahrez talking to him at half-time and he obviously has taken it well, with his instagram post. I think a little more patience with him and giving him these chances, will really pay off in the long-run. I can't imagine Albrighton or Mahrez were this good already at aged 20.

I agree on Chilwell needing some more game time though, but it will be difficult whilst Fuchs is in such good form but I wouldn't be surprised to see Fuchs get a rest on Sunday, as he is no spring chicken! 

Albrighton basically showed him why he needs to be quiet and get on with his job, whether that is from the bench or not.

He has raw talent but if anyone believes this lad is good enough now to demand big money and demand a starting place then they are mistaken.

He would actually fir right into Liverpool or Spurs, mainly because he would fit in with their entitled sense of play and ultimate failure to produce any results that are truly meaningful.

He needs to knuckle down and learn his trade, no moody shit on instagram or face like a smacked arse when it's not how he likes it.

• Like 3

I've always praised Albrighton and been a bit critical of Gray, but I will say this: The past couple games, Gray has made some runs that look Messi-esque. How he runs at defenders with such pace and close control of the ball, not many players can do that. Two stoke players and Cattermole had to take him down and accept yellows. He needs to work on some things, but he's very young and just needs the right attitude to go on to become a great player. I was also impressed when he tracked back to make a tackle against Stoke, putting it out for a throw.

Edited by FireFox
  • Like 2

On 4/5/2017 at 18:31, goose2010 said:

Gray  a different player than Albrighton.. different.

If we are to play Gray over Albrighton and Mahrez I'd prefer if we played 4-3-3 with the extra man in midfield to give both players the license to go forward and focus less on defensive duties. Otherwise if we are to play 4-4-2 I reckon it's dangerous to play that way against the better sides such as Atletico since they will overpower our midfield and create dozens of chances. Both players at times are a little guilty of neglecting their defensive duties which we cannot afford in big games. 

Guest bennytwohats
3 hours ago, erlee said:

haha Jesse Lingard is worth 100K a week.. but Gray is not worth 50K..??

are you serious?

Jesse Lingard is not worth 100k a week

Its a ludicrous amount to pay a very average player, can't understand why you would possibly want to use that as a benchmark as to what we would pay our players.

Manchester United are also one of the highest earning clubs in the world, their sponsorship deals dwarf ours, the two situations aren't even slightly comparable.

3 hours ago, erlee said:

haha Jesse Lingard is worth 100K a week.. but Gray is not worth 50K..??

are you serious?

Lingard is getting too much, not Gray too little. 

• Like 1

I've always praised Albrighton and been a bit critical of Gray, but I will say this: The past couple games, Gray has made some runs that look Messi-esque. How he runs at defenders with such pace and close control of the ball, not many players can do that. Two stoke players and Cattermole had to take him down and accept yellows. He needs to work on some things, but he's very young and just needs the right attitude to go on to become a great player. I was also impressed when he tracked back to make a tackle against Stoke, putting it out for a throw.

Was expecting him to be taken down and the Everton player to get a yellow, but he gets an assist instead!

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

This boy has serious talent. Not many can run at that speed with the ball under close control. I also saw him back helping Chilwell out a fair bit, although obviously he has a hard act to follow, with Albrighton. 

I really hope we get to see him more in these last handful of games but I am definitely impressed enough to get him tied down to a better paid contract, simply to get his mind off moving anywhere and focussed on his future here and developing his game more. 

Was disappointed with Chilwell defensively but if he can improve that area of his game (i have my doubts) then I can see him and Gray building a really decent relationship in attack down that left. 

37 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

This boy has serious talent. Not many can run at that speed with the ball under close control. I also saw him back helping Chilwell out a fair bit, although obviously he has a hard act to follow, with Albrighton. 

I really hope we get to see him more in these last handful of games but I am definitely impressed enough to get him tied down to a better paid contract, simply to get his mind off moving anywhere and focussed on his future here and developing his game more. 

Was disappointed with Chilwell defensively but if he can improve that area of his game (i have my doubts) then I can see him and Gray building a really decent relationship in attack down that left. 

Yeah I forgot about seeing Gray get back to help - great work. I often wonder if Chilwell would better prefer being on the wing.

31 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Chilwell looks much better further forward. As a left back, he's very shaky. 

As others said, he is fairly young, and his mate Gray has improved in attitude, tracking back and selfishness - no reason Chilwell can't progress in his defensive work in a similar vein.