Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

how can you possibly tell he's sulking its a picture of him with his hood up where you can barely see his face.

also its a player upset that his team has been knocked out of the CL, whether he played or not he should be down, seriously people are making shit up to knock this lad and I have no idea why

Agreed. Some of the comments about Gray are absolutely bizzarre. If Fuchs had put up that same photo people wouldnt be saying anything of the sort. Our fans have always had problems with flair players, some won't be happy until we're playing back in league one with Nicky Adams and Matt Oakley on the flanks. Give the boy a break, he's a fantastic young ENGLISH talent who has the promise to go really far in the game. Rant over

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

We didn't need him but we did need two more in less than 10 minutes. Anything else was irrelevant. Not having a go at Shakey at all, but I feel he should have been daring all the way, as he did by switching formations and immediately bringing two subs in the second half.

I agree to an extent,but had we lost the game on the night it would have taken the gloss off the performance and aggregate score had we lost,a 2-1 defeat whilst pushing for a goal which at that stage was damage limitation,

i admire kasper for his attitude but almost costing us a goal in the 92nd minute by going up was nieve 

10 hours ago, MattCan said:

The only creative player for Leicester. What did anyone else do beside crossing and trying to find Vardy? Even Kingy would agree. Hope he leaves and you will enjoy Gray for the rest of time.

Hope he leaves ?!?! ....     You've only been back 5 minutes and your talking bolox again ! ...     Still all about Mahrez but this time on the Gray thread.    Give it a rest !

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Hope he leaves ?!?! ....     You've only been back 5 minutes and your talking bolox again ! ...     Still all about Mahrez but this time on the Gray thread.    Give it a rest !

MattCan-not get over the perceived persecution of Mahrez. No matter how many times we telp him that Mahrez is brilliant but not infallible he won't have it. 

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

4 hours ago, Emilio Lestavez said:

MattCan-not get over the perceived persecution of Mahrez. No matter how many times we telp him that Mahrez is brilliant but not infallible he won't have it. 

Gee .. Thanks for the warm welcome back. You fellas should go out more often.   :riyad:

Edited by MattCan

5 hours ago, MattCan said:

Gee .. Thanks for the warm welcome back. You fellas should go out more often.   :riyad:

Matt ...   Just for me come and join in on other threads .....   Tell us a bit about yourself and what it's like where you live ...   People would be genuinely interested ...    Go on ...   Just for me your new best mate ...    :)

21 hours ago, MattCan said:

The only creative player for Leicester. What did anyone else do beside crossing and trying to find Vardy? Even Kingy would agree. Hope he leaves and you will enjoy Gray for the rest of time.

Dude. 

For some who who didn't already know it, you have shown your true colours. If you we're an LCFC fan it would be 'us'.

'Hope he leaves YOU'.

You are a Mahrez fan, not a Leicester fan. Please leave this forum and don't come back.

27 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Dude. 

For some who who didn't already know it, you have shown your true colours. If you we're an LCFC fan it would be 'us'.

'Hope he leaves YOU'.

You are a Mahrez fan, not a Leicester fan. Please leave this forum and don't come back.

Yes, clear off....

8 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Dude. 

'Hope he leaves YOU'.

lol look who is talking: the anti-Mahrez poster per excellence. You hate anybody who defends him (how come you're having a change of heart today? to fabricate an argument?). Leave him alone and ... stop giving me orders. Stop the abuse.

Edit: Many posters here suggested Mahrez should leave, be benched, be rested or be dropped. Some have even made threads about that? What was your answer to those? you were supporting of course ... smh ..

Edited by MattCan

9 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Matt ...   Just for me come and join in on other threads .....   Tell us a bit about yourself and what it's like where you live ...   People would be genuinely interested ...    Go on ...   Just for me your new best mate ...    :)

Hey Countryfox, that's really heart-warming.

I'm a scientific researcher (a top-notch physicist :) ). I spend most of my waking hours in labs and offices. My lovely kids, my family, this forum and football are basically my only outlets to get some break from that all. But, some guys here want me to leave the forum .. shame  :P

Edited by MattCan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MattCan said:

Hey Countryfox, that's really heart-warming.

I'm a scientific researcher (a top-notch physicist :) ). I spend most of my waking hours in labs and offices. My lovely kids, my family, this forum and football are basically my only outlets to get some break from that all. But, some guys here want me to leave the forum .. shame  :P

Nice one Matt ! ....     Sounds like a very demanding but also very rewarding job.    I expect the kids run round in little Mahrez shirts ....    And you and the wife have one too !  :)

You have to accept that there are a lot of differing views on FT and its always better to have an open mind to those views.  I think the main problem when discussing Riyad Mahrez is that he is what I would describe as a luxury player and when the team as a whole are playing well he can shine like a star ...   but when we have our backs against the wall (perhaps the team we are playing are technically far better) then we may have to adopt a different style which doesn't suit his style of play.  Sometimes we don't know which type of game it will be until it has started !  And there lies the problem.   Anyway I hope that you keep joining in on other threads and perhaps we ought to leave this thread to discussions about Gray ...   :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 19/04/2017 at 10:42, Foxin hell said:

Mahrez has been one of our best players throughout the Champions league campaign and somehow he's still getting slagged off lol

Ignore how poor he's been in some other games, why not, and how his form compares this year with last season. Even in the Champions League his decent contribution hasn't always been as part of a memorable game himself or from the team and I've already, and often, acknowledged his individual value.

Overall he's not been the same since last close season.

There might be various reasons/excuses/ for that but, as with others, I don't really give a toss what they are. What matters is his effort, focus and contribution on behalf of the team week in/week out (not just in selective matches, and I just don't believe he's been anything like his best in terms of commitment or effect.      

Comparisons with Gray are an aside. Gray's a trainee first teamer as far as I'm concerned and may or may not have a future here depending on all sorts of factors including his rate of improvement which needs to be considerable.

• 2 months later...

Leicester City winger Demarai Gray promised more game time by manager Craig Shakespeare as England U21 star is tracked by Liverpool and Spurs

Craig Shakespeare has told Demarai Gray he will play more frequently this season amid the winger’s frustrations over game-time.

Gray has contemplated his Leicester future due to a lack of regular starts and with interest from Everton, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool it appeared a transfer could be lined up.

However Shakespeare is determined to keep the 21-year-old at the King Power Stadium and has indicated Gray will claim a larger role this coming season

Gray has made 42 Premier League appearances since signing from Birmingham in a £3.5million move in January 2016 but only 10 were from the start. He has largely impressed when given the chance and showed fine form for England Under-21s at the European Championships this summer.

‘I have spoken to him since the finals,’ said Shakespeare. ‘I understand the frustration of young players expecting and wanting more time.

‘On the other hand they have to be respectful of who is in front of them. He’s a player of huge potential who is rated very highly here among the coaching staff and his own teammates. Hopefully this season we will see him playing more.’

Gray and Ben Chilwell, who also turned out for England in Poland, have been given an extended break and it is not yet decided whether they will join up with the Leicester squad for the Premier League Asia Trophy, which starts on July 19.

Shakespeare added: ‘We just need to work out whether it’s better to fly them straight to Hong Kong or whether they come to Leicester and use the fitness testing here.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4683382/Leicester-winger-Gray-game-time-Shakespeare.html#ixzz4mT5zEQLd

Edited by Tuna

24 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Leicester City winger Demarai Gray promised more game time by manager Craig Shakespeare as England U21 star is tracked by Liverpool and Spurs

Craig Shakespeare has told Demarai Gray he will play more frequently this season amid the winger’s frustrations over game-time.

Gray has contemplated his Leicester future due to a lack of regular starts and with interest from Everton, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool it appeared a transfer could be lined up.

However Shakespeare is determined to keep the 21-year-old at the King Power Stadium and has indicated Gray will claim a larger role this coming season

Gray has made 42 Premier League appearances since signing from Birmingham in a £3.5million move in January 2016 but only 10 were from the start. He has largely impressed when given the chance and showed fine form for England Under-21s at the European Championships this summer.

‘I have spoken to him since the finals,’ said Shakespeare. ‘I understand the frustration of young players expecting and wanting more time.

‘On the other hand they have to be respectful of who is in front of them. He’s a player of huge potential who is rated very highly here among the coaching staff and his own teammates. Hopefully this season we will see him playing more.’

Gray and Ben Chilwell, who also turned out for England in Poland, have been given an extended break and it is not yet decided whether they will join up with the Leicester squad for the Premier League Asia Trophy, which starts on July 19.

Shakespeare added: ‘We just need to work out whether it’s better to fly them straight to Hong Kong or whether they come to Leicester and use the fitness testing here.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4683382/Leicester-winger-Gray-game-time-Shakespeare.html#ixzz4mT5zEQLd

Makes me doubt if we'll sign another winger now which would mean that, should Mahrez leave, we're potentially risking the loss of a lot of goals and assists which I'm not convinced that Gray will provide and be seriously short of options unless one of our development players breaks through.

i hope Gray proves me wrong but am amazed at the praise he gets for what he's actually delivered.

I wonder if the likes of Lawrence will get a guaranteed increase in game time. or any time at all despite his highly effective returns for Ipswich. And what about Maguire and Chilwell getting guaranteed minutes?.     

Is Shaky making a rod for his own back or is this a genuine effort to increase the opportunities for young players here? If so it may well be a plus providing we have the expertise to see the job through.      

Edited by Thracian

9 hours ago, Thracian said:

Makes me doubt if we'll sign another winger now which would mean that, should Mahrez leave, we're potentially risking the loss of a lot of goals and assists which I'm not convinced that Gray will provide and be seriously short of options unless one of our development players breaks through.

i hope Gray proves me wrong but am amazed at the praise he gets for what he's actually delivered.

I wonder if the likes of Lawrence will get a guaranteed increase in game time. or any time at all despite his highly effective returns for Ipswich. And what about Maguire and Chilwell getting guaranteed minutes?.     

Is Shaky making a rod for his own back or is this a genuine effort to increase the opportunities for young players here? If so it may well be a plus providing we have the expertise to see the job through.      

Wouldn't put Maguire with those names as he will 100% start next season. 

9 hours ago, Thracian said:

Gray got more premier league assists than Mahrez last season despite getting about a third of the playing time. Mahrez got three goals from open play and Gray got one from open play, again from a third of the playing time.

Is Gray as good as Mahrez, No. Will he ever be as good as Mahrez, No. Could he be as effective as the Mahrez we saw last season who wasn't at his best, yes I think he could match that Mahrez.

He's massively overrated by some on here, but I really don't think we'd have been much worse off if he'd played all season instead of Mahrez playing at 50% his capabilities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Gray got more premier league assists than Mahrez last season despite getting about a third of the playing time. Mahrez got three goals from open play and Gray got one from open play, again from a third of the playing time.

Is Gray as good as Mahrez, No. Will he ever be as good as Mahrez, No. Could he be as effective as the Mahrez we saw last season who wasn't at his best, yes I think he could match that Mahrez.

He's massively overrated by some on here, but I really don't think we'd have been much worse off if he'd played all season instead of Mahrez playing at 50% his capabilities.

Entirely agree with that and would love to see Gray make something of the current situation. I'm simply not convinced and don't want to see us  get a quarter of the way through what could otherwise be a promising season before realising we need to strengthen the position. Another good and proven winger would add insurance at the very least.       

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Entirely agree with that and would love to see Gray make something of the current situation. I'm simply not convinced and don't want to see us  get a quarter of the way through what could otherwise be a promising season before realising we need to strengthen the position. Another good and proven winger would add insurance at the very least.       

I think we'd be mad not to add another winger, especially is we have no intention of using Musa. What sort of winger you add is the question.

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I was a bit surprised that Mahrez wasn't dropped tbh under Shakey.

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think we'd be mad not to add another winger, especially is we have no intention of using Musa. What sort of winger you add is the question.

Someone with pace, strength, vision and precision.