Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Demarai Gray

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

There a reason Stirling is playing for Man City and Gray is playing for us! 

Sterling made he's debut for Liverpool at 17

Gray isn't at Sterling level, he may get there but he isn't there yet! 

Different paths. Different evolutions. Zidane revealed himself to the world as one of the best ever in his late twenties.  Doesn't mean Gray can't reach top level. He has the potential nayway

Grey outshone anyone in todays match,

He had his odd moments, but he was the only one prepared to carry the ball and run at the opposition and attempt to try and unsettle the Swansea defence.

Also his runs off the ball were exciting to see its a shame no one could get the ball to him quick enough.

He was wasted upfront as a striker or as a false 10,

We only started to create anything once he was moved onto the left hand side.

He showed Mahrez what he used to do, and needs to recapture as the latter was piss poor for 70 mins.

The future is bright for him, whether that's with us long term remains to be seen, but if we can give him regular gametime he has the potential to develop into a very good player indeed.

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

We need to hide Ndidi, Chilwell and Gray until the end of the transfer window.

Schlupp the 2nd.no end product most of the time.tries hard,but is bang average- makes him better than the others , but he is a headless chicken most of the times

Gray is the real deal alright. I saw him play for England u21s and he was sensational for them. He seemed to be less greedy for those somehow.

CR tried him further forward and also tried him behind Vardy before that which makes sense as the hope is he gets the ball in spaces and positions where he can punish teams but for me we need him on the left side of midfield. He looked great for England playing right mid but from the left he can make things happen.

Hes class, he will be unreal in the future and embarrassingly, its him and only him that I feel can create for us offensively. The rest I dont trust at the moment.

10 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The kid is putting Mahrez to shame. Today, just about every time he had the chance to run at defenders, he had them on the back foot. He's suffering from playing in a shit team. Get him into a really good side and he'd be flying now I reckon.

Mahrez is putting himself to shame,

I'm in no doubt that grey is a massive talent but some in here make out he's the best thing since sliced bread:huh:

he tries to hard some times,rather than picking a simple pass he tried to take 2-3 players on with no end product,and his bloody corners remind me of stef Oakes's corners,never(ok rarely) get past the 1st defender

Unlike other one dimensional English speed merchants, Gray combines his pace with good close control and technique. His decision making will improve with age. 

If he played in a side that weren't anti-football he would look at lot better. Same goes for Mahrez as well tbh.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, the fox said:

One of the better players today, but he should pass the ball faster.

So our strikers can keep banging in the goals like there's no tomorrow haha mate he needs to be more selfish, he's our current best goal threat, he's doing fine whilst all implodes around him

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The kid is putting Mahrez to shame. Today, just about every time he had the chance to run at defenders, he had them on the back foot. He's suffering from playing in a shit team. Get him into a really good side and he'd be flying now I reckon.

No one can put Mahrez to shame. It's Mahrez's own doing if he is not performing to his last season standards. If you can observe with no bias, you would see that he created two of the three best chances nonetheless (the third one being Slim pass to Vardy).

But then, you know best of course.

Edited by MattCan

7 hours ago, Skippy said:

So our strikers can keep banging in the goals like there's no tomorrow haha mate he needs to be more selfish, he's our current best goal threat, he's doing fine whilst all implodes around him

Two wrongs don't make a right, he needs to pass faster. A lot of the team's attack were stalled because he took a long time to make his choice ( he did that a lot in the second half when the team were in need to play with a faster pace). 

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

A lot of the team's attack were stalled because he took a long time to make his choice ( he did that a lot in the second half when the team were in need to play with a faster pace).

He plays with more pace/energy than anyone, his teammates aren't used to quick football because it's been missing all season. As I said he's doing ok, it's th others than need to wake up. 

8 hours ago, MattCan said:

No one can put Mahrez to shame. It's Mahrez's own doing if he is not performing to his last season standards. If you can observe with no bias, you would see that he created two of the three best chances nonetheless (the third one being Slim pass to Vardy).

But then, you know best of course.

Nope, I think he IS putting Mahrez to shame.

Mahrez was our talisman. The player of the season no less and has gone from role model, lots of effort, quality player...to nearly nothing.

Gray is busting a gut. He's far from the finished article but it's great to see him having a real go. 

Mahrez don't even look like he's trying. Shameful.

lol Mental to see that some people genuinely think he's about Schlupp's level.

I was quite disappointed that he managed to squander so many good positions, but I have every confidence he'll get there. You can see that he actually knows what he wants to do and is just getting it slightly wrong at times.

It's great seeing someone willing to take the ball into feet and try and do something positive. I would love to see a midfield 3 of Drinky Mendy and Ndidi which would allow Mahrez and Gray to concentrate on attacking.

Drinky and Mendy at the base with Wilf given license to get up and down as needed.

Would make it a hell of a lot easier to play out the back with in theory 3 or 4 players able to recieve the ball

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Sterling just has pace, that's it. His technique is awful. I'd say gray is a better all round player at this moment in time than sterling is. I don't rate sterling at all. 

Take your blue tinted glasses off, the guy got PL player of the month in September. Pep doesn't have time for player with no technique! 

Lloyd Dryer had all the pace in the world, pace alone isn't enough.

Gray has talent, but needs to add end product in goals and assists. 

56 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I was quite disappointed that he managed to squander so many good positions, but I have every confidence he'll get there. You can see that he actually knows what he wants to do and is just getting it slightly wrong at times.

It's great seeing someone willing to take the ball into feet and try and do something positive. I would love to see a midfield 3 of Drinky Mendy and Ndidi which would allow Mahrez and Gray to concentrate on attacking.

Drinky and Mendy at the base with Wilf given license to get up and down as needed.

Would make it a hell of a lot easier to play out the back with in theory 3 or 4 players able to recieve the ball

That was something I hoped for. Even more after I saw that Ndid was quality. But Drinkwater is to be immediately benched. Fed up with his pathetic performances. Never saw a mifdfielder refusing to take any responsibilty whatsoever. Yesterday was the last straw. He royally ****ed up.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

I agree with the 3 in midfield, but I don't think Drinks should be any where near the team at the moment. He offers nothing as he is so out of form. I'd go with Ndidi, Amartey, and Mendy.

You can put King in for Drinkwater but people I can guarantee will be equally if not more critical of King after a few games. We've seen how good Drinks can be and I think with an extra body helping out in midfield he'd start to look something resembling his older self.

Maybe a week or two on the bench would help him get his head together and sort himself out though.

Amartey has to be playing centre back though. 

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Gray's decision-making is questionable at times but he's the only spark we have at the moment, who's willing to take players on.

He's still young and will learn.

But such is the state of our squad that so much expectation has been placed on his shoulders.

Only bit of quality we had was gray. 

• Like 2